TAT: "Thai brand of tourism" all about "responsibility and quality" - 10% rise in 2020

webfact

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Perhaps I'm wrong but I've been led to believe that even if Thailand stopped the burning the problem would still exist from other countries.  Strikes me it's an ASEAN problem and should be add dressed in that forum. 

Some years ago here in Phuket was really bad and it was coming from Indonesia 

I figure many among us would actually stop Thai bashing or at least considerably tone down our admittedly sometimes quite insulting and harsh rhetoric... if only we weren't showered on a practically daily basis with absolute hogwash news pieces like this one sprinkled with idiotic, sanity-defying quotes from assorted "experts".

What irks me particularly in this article is that - once again - the onus for being "quality" and "responsible" is squarely shifted to the tourists, while local people and authorities are apparently not expected nor required to heed these very same attributes.     

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Quality tourists who are responsible. 

He said it right there: he wants tourists of quality who are responsible. Not a single word about delivering a quality tourist destination in a responsible manner. That concept is still light-years away.

They want quality and responsibility so they're looking to China and India for most of their new tourists. That makes as much sense as saying there's no prostitution in Pattaya. What is wrong with these people?

It's time Thailand started to recognise it's responsibility to tens' of thousands of Expat who either work & live here or retired's who live here!! 

For some reason, we're treated as 2nd class persons & required to 'form fill' to extreme!!

When in fact, provide huge support to the Thai Economy, day in, day out, 365 days a year!!

That amounts to some 100+ Billion Baht a year, at least!!! 

Wake up Thailand!!!  

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The head of Thailand's Tourism Authority expects a 10% rise in tourist revenue next year despite global economic uncertainty. 

A sincere wish that something is so will make it so. Heh, heh, heh.

51 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

He said it right there: he wants tourists of quality who are responsible. Not a single word about delivering a quality tourist destination in a responsible manner. That concept is still light-years away.

Quality Tourists travel to Quality Destinations!

7 hours ago, Eligius said:

'Quality and responsibility'. What a joke. These are two of the many concepts that Thais in general have ZERO conception of - let alone eagerness to practise and implement themselves (while demanding it from others).

This place gets more and more reality-detached with each passing day!

I think he is a serious <deleted>!!! Look his right arm is in a support!! 555????????????????

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

And what about responsible hosts? People who look after their own environment, waterways, lakes, rivers and seas? People who care about their air quality. People who refuse diesel vehicles due to the environmental devastation they cause when not properly maintained. People who take responsibility for their own stuff? Come on now. Let's man up!

You have got 2 hopes!! And one of them is Bob!! 555

The guy hurt his arm walking to work because of the uneven sidewalk... or an unprotected giant hole... or a bike accident... or one of the thousands danger lurking at every corner.

Delusion, lies and pride would be more realistic core values. 

I have been fortunate to have traveled the world and have stayed in some amazing hotels and I have stayed in what Thailand considers its best hotels not amazing at all, even India has some amazing 5 star hotels Maharajahs palaces in Rajasthan and bye the way some of them Indian girls with blue eyes OMG

This guy must be high on drugs or totally drunk. Defenetly one of the most stupid guys working for TAT. Why does newspapers still report the faked and baseless news blown out from TAT!

And when good Sir are you going to get out of your high chair & have a look at what 

you are providing,,  rat infested sewerage contaminated cities with very few beaches left that are even safe to swim in & the quality tourists are turning up from China in their bus loads 

with absolutely no care for whats left of the environment & no infrastructure in place to

combat it.

The degradation is getting near to the point of no return unless Thailand starts using some of it's ill gotten gains from tourism to create a sustainable environment

6 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

This is just click bait with a paraphrased text that misses out what he actually said. Read the original, he clearly states that quality and responsibility is aimed at the whole sector of tourism especially tourism services providers. He also says he is talking about both the Thai and foreign sectors of tourists.

The OP is just designed so we get rattled, post and therefore refresh page ads more. Like so many of the so called articles on TV of late.

Your post makes sense. While there are a lot of baffling happenings within thai news, many stories are steered toward even more absurd proportions to generate more views thus increasing what they can charge advertisers. 

Archived