TAT: "Thai brand of tourism" all about "responsibility and quality" - 10% rise in 2020

webfact

I wish I could be bothered to list all the contradictory tourist predictions that have been issued over the last couple of months.  Tourist numbers predicted range from 38 mill to around 60 mill.

Nothing that comes out of the various ministries are to be believed.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, HHTel said:

I wish I could be bothered to list all the contradictory tourist predictions that have been issued over the last couple of months.  Tourist numbers predicted range from 38 mill to around 60 mill.

Nothing that comes out of the various ministries are to be believed.

I cant imagine the Uk tourist industry spouting figures  daily if  at  all, why do they feel the need to constantly tell us how good great everything is?

7 hours ago, nickstav said:

Read carefully what he said. The quality and responsibility is expected to come from the tourists, not the other way around.

That's the Indians off the list then.... 

7 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

This is just click bait with a paraphrased text that misses out what he actually said. Read the original, he clearly states that quality and responsibility is aimed at the whole sector of tourism especially tourism services providers. He also says he is talking about both the Thai and foreign sectors of tourists.

The OP is just designed so we get rattled, post and therefore refresh page ads more. Like so many of the so called articles on TV of late.

Exactly. In the meantime, keep investing in BTS stock. Not trolling. This is solid advice. If you don't think Thailand's explosive growth will continue, you may want to reconsider. I would argue that the country is just getting warmed up. Again, I know that this is not a popular view here on TV but this is what I believe and I'm heavily invested in this notion. BTS is a "very strong" investment in my opinion, even in 2019. Decent dividend yield, tax free, and Thailand is rapidly expanding and improving their rail system. Will likely 3x in 5 years. I bought BTS in 2012 for around 4 baht. And here we are 7 years laters, sitting at almost 13 baht. Don't say I didn't tip you off in advance. Of all my investments other than Amazon, BTS has been one of the most impressive performers.

5 hours ago, cmsally said:

If you sit back and pick apart the structure of companies and business; it becomes clear it is mostly a Thai and Chinese problem. The other countries (Myanmar/Laos) taking the role of only "top level benefit receivers". Just dealing with it on a Thai level , if you take into account Thai business and not just national borders would deal with enough to create vastly better air quality.

I thought it was from burning fields after the harvest.  That is why it only happens at harvest time isn't it?

3 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

I figure many among us would actually stop Thai bashing or at least considerably tone down our admittedly sometimes quite insulting and harsh rhetoric... if only we weren't showered on a practically daily basis with absolute hogwash news pieces like this one sprinkled with idiotic, sanity-defying quotes from assorted "experts".

What irks me particularly in this article is that - once again - the onus for being "quality" and "responsible" is squarely shifted to the tourists, while local people and authorities are apparently not expected nor required to heed these very same attributes.     

Take consolation in the fact that it was much worse 50 years ago.  Much more transparency today.   50 years ago the police, Army and Navy were having shoot outs to steal drugs from the Burmese, Chinese and each other and it never made the papers.   

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Someone should stop him smoking weed.

Didn't TAT just announce they were looking at wooing tourists from the Middle East and Africa to make up for the shortfall in visitor numbers? Maybe he's looking for a new supplier... :stoner:

"I'm TAT, I'm dynamite" comes to mind. May the Lord Buddha be with the poor guy suffering of hallucinations in broad daylight. 

People are leaving and less Western tourists will come. Change more rules and regulations until you don't have the clientele anymore the laws are made for.

That's what my fortune teller told me. 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

He said the "Thai Brand" was all about "responsibility" and "quality".

So Thailand will only accept responsible and quality tourists? How does one prove worthy of entry into the new and wholesome kingdom? I think they are going to need a lot more tourist quality inspectors!

3 hours ago, eggers said:

It's time Thailand started to recognise it's responsibility to tens' of thousands of Expat who either work & live here or retired's who live here!! 

For some reason, we're treated as 2nd class persons & required to 'form fill' to extreme!!

When in fact, provide huge support to the Thai Economy, day in, day out, 365 days a year!!

That amounts to some 100+ Billion Baht a year, at least!!! 

Wake up Thailand!!!  

So expats spend an average of Bht5.6m a year? Even the ones who can't put 800K in the bank?

Certainly not the Aussie feller who announced his flounce out the other day with his Bht1m a year, or put another way 2700 a day. Barely a bar bell ring price.

"He said the "Thai Brand" was all about "responsibility" and "quality"."

He clearly doesn't know the product he's supposed to sell. On the other hand, he is that far off the mark that you have to consider the possibility that he's just taking the p.

8 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

This is just click bait with a paraphrased text that misses out what he actually said. Read the original, he clearly states that quality and responsibility is aimed at the whole sector of tourism especially tourism services providers. He also says he is talking about both the Thai and foreign sectors of tourists.

The OP is just designed so we get rattled, post and therefore refresh page ads more. Like so many of the so called articles on TV of late.

Terrific post ! You should apply for a job at TAT. There will be plenty of openings over the next 6 months. No job for cronies is ever safe in this country. 

Inactive posts await most of them.

9 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

It better, or it will be more than the arm next time !

Hmmm - Looks like the right arm has done too much "automatic watch-winding" - Repetitive strain injury?.

Seriously - when is TAT going to produce clear, accurate statistics?

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

That's the Indians off the list then.... 

Ur rigth.Was working in Kakinada..old indian ladies took a shit in the middle of the street.OMG!I puked rigth away.Was there about a year.NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!

Archived