Harbor Mall- Very quiet....Can it survive?

fforest1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/10/2019 at 10:27 AM, RichardColeman said:

Eat there ? What with the dire stench half the time ?

I'm really surprised its still going. When I left 8 months ago they had no customers, I really cannot see how they survive. As for the music, I get the feeling that they must have an ad in the local press saying they'll let bands play for free. They'd have better success changing the restaurant to a KFC.

Me and the wife think they should move Mr DIY downstairs and make the upstairs into a cinema for all of us too lazy to pop into town

Good ideas, Richard. Big "YES" to moving D.I.Y. downstairs, and putting a cinema upstairs. Brilliant! Although I'd much prefer a Subway and a Carl's Jr. to a KFC. (I've always much preferred Popeye's to KFC for fried chicken!). 

On 7/10/2019 at 10:44 AM, scubascuba3 said:

I agree, probably in the next 50 years it will be popular. People have been talking up the darkside for the last 50 years

I don't have official numbers; but having lived here since 2006, I can tell you that the population (and the traffic) have increased by at least 50% in that time. 

5 hours ago, mlmcleod said:

This is Thailand.  The lower the demand the higher the price!

Right on, mimcleod. Most Thais operating businesses have no concept of marketing, pricing, inventory management, or customer service. It's a wonder that any businesses not related to the sex or liquor industries survive here. 

1 hour ago, soistalker said:

Where's the growth going to come from on the dark side? Large condos? Are there any? No growth potential. 

Keep in mind that Pattaya was a "sleepy little fishing village" not more than 50-60 years ago. The only reasons why I would have reservations about investing in the Darkside now is the same reason I'd be reluctant to invest in anything in Thailand - the uncertainty about the government, and the false strength of the baht. Setting those aside for the moment, there are large condos being built now; though the first, on Siam CC Road, appears to have "Thai size" units, and lacks any "luxury features". There is a LOT of room to build all sorts of structures once you get past the residential clutter of the first 4 kms east of Sukhumvit. I'm certain that, with proper planning and marketing, a fortune could be made there. (Before I get another troll suggesting that I invest in it, I am unfortunately far short of the funds or energy, at age 77, to do so.) ???? 

Archived