Forum upgrade in progress! ×

No money to pay short overstay in airport - what will happen?

13 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Is it Hungary?  ????????????

No but a neighbouring country to Germany to the east - 

Interesting your writing and all possibilities - but that man just does not care or and does not think. 

Edited by ALFREDO

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Evil ..you serious about this?.

Thai imm will not "let him through"... No.

Airline assist? Is that a joke.

Embassy assistance? Did he state nationality? Maybe I missed that. Anyway won't work untill in detention.

Any other ideas? Feel free.

Nationality - a Ex Communist country to the east of Germany 

12 hours ago, BritTim said:

For the airline, there is no downside to his being locked up and deported. This is not like a denied entry situation where the airline is responsible for transporting him out of the country. It is 100% the responsibility of the Thai authorities to deal with him.

I suppose he could ask immigration if he could take a begging bowl along the queue at immigration, but I would be surprised if he is allowed to do it. Actually, thinking about it, there is a specific Thai law forbidding it.

What an idea -

by the way the man made it similar already in last days and asked people on the road for money for his living - eating expenses. 

12 hours ago, shy coconut said:

After 5 days?

If you're only out of your home country for a short time, it would be sensible

to carry cards to cover the duration of the trip, unless he has exceeded the limit,

of course.

I believe he has 

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is only if you are caught with an overstay.

At an airport they might just turn you away and tell you to find the money and try again if on a short overstay. Many airlines are diligent and a person might not get checked in for their flight if they could not show the money for their overstay fine.

I would not like he is back on the road - maybe that road and path leads  to me

2 hours ago, dbrenn said:

Death threats? Wow.

Why not get him out of your way by reporting him to the police? As he's on overstay, he'll be locked up and out of your way. A nice way to get your revenge too.

Reporting him to immigration could make sense, but without mentioning the death threats. In my experience, Thai police will try to steer clear of those that appear potentially dangerous.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dbrenn said:

Death threats? Wow.

Why not get him out of your way by reporting him to the police? As he's on overstay, he'll be locked up and out of your way. A nice way to get your revenge too.

Nothing works here - not even -lese majeste- with evidence - look here 

2 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Police didn't give a damn about the death treats to him.

Thank you - they did not give a damn about death threats to his Ex Gf that he was bragging about smoking Hashish - that he wrote foul mouthed about police - that he is on overstay now - and that he made -lese majeste- in a Facebook Messenger Pm 

Nothing happened 

Edited by ALFREDO

25 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Reporting him to immigration could make sense, but without mentioning the death threats. In my experience, Thai police will try to steer clear of those that appear potentially dangerous.

All done - outcome - nothing 

1 hour ago, ALFREDO said:

Nationality - a Ex Communist country to the east of Germany 

Poland or Czech Republic? But Polish are rarely handsome. You can not exchange Polish money in Thailand. I tried one time when I found it on the street.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dennnis said:

You can not exchange Polish money in Thailand. I tried one time when I found it on the street.

You were the sixth person to try and change that 20 złoty note in an hour...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, dennnis said:

You can not exchange Polish money in Thailand. I tried one time when I found it on the street.

If ever it such a situation in the future, you should be able to find someone at the relevant embassy, and probably other places in the immediate vicinity, who will change it, albeit at an unattractive exchange rate. That assumes the country has a diplomatic mission in Thailand. I have been successful doing this with other currencies that banks and major currency exchanges will not touch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dennnis said:

Poland or Czech Republic? But Polish are rarely handsome. You can not exchange Polish money in Thailand. I tried one time when I found it on the street.

Poland - I did not know you cannot change Zloty here - ????

2 hours ago, 007 RED said:

@ALFREDO…. From the information that you have provided, I am very certain that if your ‘enemy’ turns up at the airport tonight, and after checking in he then presents himself to immigration with an overstay and no money to pay the fine he is going to find himself with a big problem.  I am given to understand from a conversation that I had at lunch time with very senior and reliable source within Immigration that Immigration will:

a)  Not allow him to proceed to the gate to board his flight.  FYI - The only time that Immigration may overlook the situation is if the overstay was caused as a result of circumstances totally outside of his control of the person.

b)  Not allow him to backtrack to the check-in area with a view to obtaining funds to pay the fine (from ATM).  Immigration will not allow him to backtrack because there would be a high risk of him disappearing.  So far as Immigration are concerned he is now an overstayer who has not officially surrendered and paid the stipulated fine as per the relevant Police Order, therefore, he will be detained. 

He will be taken to the airport police facility where he will be questioned further and then officially arrested as an over stayer.  Arrangements will then be made to have him transferred to the Immigration Detention Centre (IDC) in Bangkok.  He will remain in the IDC until he pays the overstay fine and also pays for a new flight to his home country.

Because he was detained by Immigration and, therefore, unable to catch his flight, the airline will classify him as a ‘No Show’.  This will effectively means that his return ticket will be cancelled.  If he was travelling on a cheap ‘saver’ fare, it is very likely that he will not be entitled to any refund for the cancelled portion of his ticket.  Hence, as mentioned (c) above he will eventually have to purchase a new ticket in order to get back to his home country.  FYI – a single ticket, often required a short notice, can be very expensive.

Although the length of his overstay is relatively short, because he was handed over to the airport police who will have arrested him for overstaying, he will be subject to a 5 year ban from entering Thailand.

Thank you -007- if not you - who shall know the details ????????

He surely has no money he could get from an ATM - the only valuables he has - as far as I know,

is 200 or 300 Polish Zloty - they maybe could save his day - and a Laptop. 

So I will see - the outcome ????

1 hour ago, dbrenn said:

They'd be interested in his overstay though. 

I told them also - and they know that he will overstay and is overstaying now - told the Tourist police and Immigration and Police - difficult language problem - where he stays - in which Apartment - and they not care too - but maybe care tonight in Airport  ????

Edited by ALFREDO

He's the one giving you death threats right ? So you don't want him in Thailand. 
Maybe better to pay his overstay fine so he can board that plane and never come back. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, balo said:

He's the one giving you death threats right ? So you don't want him in Thailand. 
Maybe better to pay his overstay fine so he can board that plane and never come back. 

Yes he made that threats - but I made only a big story from that as I tried to keep him out of the country in beginning of June - when he came back after only 10 days in his home country where he took some money from higher Bank loan.

I was never in fear lol 

But nothing worked - now - he is most likely already in Airport - I hope he has a problem - I would not give him a Satang. Lol 

And never come back - I doubt that - surely he will come again - 

Easy sex for him - cheap or even nearly free - ????

Lucky boy - toy boy ????

Edited by ALFREDO
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ALFREDO said:

Yes he made that threats - but I made only a big story from that as I tried to keep him out of the country in beginning of June - when he came back after only 10 days in his home country where he took some money from higher Bank loan.

I was never in fear lol 

But nothing worked - now - he is most likely already in Airport - I hope he has a problem - I would not give him a Satang. Lol 

And never come back - I doubt that - surely he will come again - 

Easy sex for him - cheap or even nearly free - ????

Lucky boy - toy boy ????

Firstly Alfredo, please accept my apologies for a juvenile post I wrote earlier which Ubon Joe had the good sense to delete. I assumed, obviously wrongly that you are speaking about yourself being the overstayer, I now see the error of my ways.

Best thing for you my friend is for him not to find the money, gets thrown in the slammer, eventually gets some dosh from where ever and gets a 5 year ban.

If he does gets thrown into nick, bombard the authorities with all the evidence you have especially the Lese Majeste and make it plain to the officers you'll go above their heads if they don't take action.

I'd personally do things differently in respect of a cheating wife, but you're a grown man and make your own decisions.

Good luck. 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 6:12 AM, ALFREDO said:

Yes - he already picks fights in night in Pattaya on beach for money to survive lat days - he said he won always and could by food - but no funds for overstay 

Picked fights for money on the beach?! ????????

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And would he receive a further 500 baht  overstay fine for each extra day?

I don't think so.

Someone suggested that Immigration charge people for taking them to the airport from immigration prison, not sure if that's true.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

I don't think so.

Someone suggested that Immigration charge people for taking them to the airport from immigration prison, not sure if that's true.

Not many things are free here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1