Indefinate Leave To Remain ! What A Con!

BUMP again

Come on people. Get this petition signed. There are about 283 names at the moment. I'm going the Irish route so it doesn't affect me but i've still signed it. Don't moan about the prices if you don't petition it.

You know who you are :o

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/VisaCostRise/

So come on people get signed up. Do one for yourself and one for the Mrs / partner if they have an e-mail account.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am definatly begining to feel like a 3rd. class citizen in my own country! :o

What has become obvious here is that a citizen from one of the newer member states of the EU has more right to enter the U.K. with their family than I would have as a natural born British citizen. :D

Does marrying a non-euro foreign lass really turn one into a pariah? :D

Mr Bojangles can you give me a little info on the Irish Route as mentioned in your last post on this topic, is this a little rat run around the new fee structure please enlighten me sir, as I would love to put one over on the moronic idiots who have decided to put these big fences up for our nearest and dearest. I have 7 months till ILR Day

Top o the morning to ya

What would be your entitlement to Irish citizenship? If one of your parents was born in Ireland, it's a simple process of applying for an Irish passport along with the relevant evidential documentation, but, if through a grandparent, you have to register first before getting the passport. Alternatively, if you were born in Northern Ireland you will also have an automatic entitlement to Irish citizenship.

Scouse.

is this a little rat run around the new fee structure

The Scouser has answered your question 23mc, but yes, that is why i'm doing it. Along with not having the hassles, of the mrs having to do the Life In The UK test, at such short notice.

I am definatly begining to feel like a 3rd. class citizen in my own country! :o

What has become obvious here is that a citizen from one of the newer member states of the EU has more right to enter the U.K. with their family than I would have as a natural born British citizen. :D

Does marrying a non-euro foreign lass really turn one into a pariah? :D

Since the 2nd WW immigrants have always been treated better than natural born British Citizens. Uncle Tony's support for the EU to expand so quickly thus allowing a few hundred thousand, more often illiterate entrants, is the latest pandering movement, pressured by business and banks, to ensure cheap labour for the industries into which they have invested, to the detriment of the true British population. Of course now that they have entered they (the UK government) are trying a populist move to prevent a further mass influx of scroungers and asylum seekers, but unfortunately, people like yourselves, are caught up in this "two faced" policy and hence find it very difficult to settle there with their families Why do you think that in excess of 240,000 people leave the UK permanently every year ? I left 20 years ago and there is better English spoken and a lot less illiterate and moronic foreigners here in Thailand (apart from Pattaya ) than there now is in London - are you sure you are making the right move back to the UK ?

I am afraid that like most things in the UK, especially pensions and trying to legitimately get your wife to the UK, consistant governments have conned many many people.

Edited by gummy

Ok the the mrs came on a marriage visa, got married, got the limited leave to remain now its the settlement !!!!!!

Thought it would be easy !!!! WRONG!!!

Have to pass life in the uk multiple choice test on computer £35. (nearest one 15 miles away)

The Mrs can only read and write very little. The above it a impossiblity.

There fore has to obtain an ESOL certificate to level 3 citizenship with materials.

£80 for 10 lessons. A very minimium of 20 estimated to achieve level 3. Therefore expensive.

The nearest school that does this is 20 miles away. Mrs dont drive so id take her and wait in the car for 2 hours for the lesson to finish, then go home. Times 6 - 8pm wednesdays. I dont get home from work till 5.15.

Next one closest is 1 mile away but doesnt do the course with citizen ship, which would mean getting to level 3 then attempting the computer alone with revison from the hand book. Times for this class are 9.30 - 11.30 which means the mrs would have to lose a day off work every week (works part time ) Then pay for a babysiter for 3 hours a week.

The living in the UK test are stupidly hard, i guess you can read the handbook, but what the hel_l are them questions about and who cares??? Do people really need to know them?? I Dont!!

We can apply for an extension as the current visa is up october and there is no way she will get to this stage by then, for a £325 from the oh so friendly uk home office. But for how long and when she does get the certificate of completion i have to pay £325 again.

I work 10 hours a day my mrs 6 we have a 7 month old baby. Which we juggle jobs and times to babysit.

When do we get time to do this.

Tell me this is supposed to be easy!!!!

I need some help and advice anyone done this before???????

Very very angry and stressed!!!!1

:o

Der am I being stupid or missing something...my wife and I married in Thailand in 2004 and she came here on a 2 year spouse vise. She recently got her ILR with no hassle whatsoever (apart from the extortionate fee of £335)...I realise she doesnt have British nationality (yet) but she has time to work to that. What am I missing ?

Der am I being stupid or missing something...my wife and I married in Thailand in 2004 and she came here on a 2 year spouse vise. She recently got her ILR with no hassle whatsoever (apart from the extortionate fee of £335)...I realise she doesnt have British nationality (yet) but she has time to work to that. What am I missing ?

You've been missing quite alot Shrek. You are lucky in the fact your Mrs got ILR before the new changes. These changes start this month. Increased fees upto £750 AND they now have to do the LITUK test before being considered for ILR.

Edit// More here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=109963

Edited by mrbojangles

You've been missing quite alot Shrek. You are lucky in the fact your Mrs got ILR before the new changes. These changes start this month. Increased fees upto £750 AND they now have to do the LITUK test before being considered for ILR.

Edit// More here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=109963

Blood and Sand. Talk about ignorance is bliss. I suppose because I knew what we had to do I never read any further into it. How lucky were we to have our 2 years expire at the and of March 2007.

Although Northern Ireland is part of the U.K., the Republic of Ireland's constitution lays down that anyone born in the island of Ireland is entitled to an Irish passport, and as your parents would have been so entitled, I would wager that you are, too. Perhaps a quick call to the Irish consulate to be sure (to be sure).

If you get an Irish passport, this will save you heaps. It means that your wife can apply free of charge to change her status in the UK to that of a spouse of an EEA national and that her daughter's visa for the UK will be free of charge. The downside is that neither will qualify for indefinite leave for a further five years, but when they do, they won't need to establish their English/citizenship credentials.

So, for the sake of paying, for example, fifty quid for an Irish passport, you can potentially save £2000.00 in Home Office fees.

Scouse.

Thanks again scouse for the info, Irish passport application winging it's way as I speak.

But one door opens another shuts from what I read last night at least one parent has to attend the Embassy to apply for my stepdaughters passport.

So as I may save money on one hand we might have to spend it on the other.

Here is the reply from the home office this week.

Dear Mr [big Spuds],

Thank you for your further enquiry. I apologise for the delay in responding.

Your wife will need to provide an original ESOL certificate and a letter from the college where she studies confirming that the qualification was gained on a course using citizenship materials. Progress from entry level 1 to entry level 2 would be sufficient.

I apologise once again that you were not satisfied with the way that this new requirement was introduced, and that you are unhappy about the expense of complying with it.

Yours sincerely,

Elaine Newman

Managed Migration

Border & Immigration Agency

Edited by the scouser
Poster's real name removed.