Swedish "YouTuber" was not fined on expressway say RTP as investigation begins

webfact

5 minutes ago, jvs said:

Cargo on the tollways has to be covered,a net or tarp will do.

In my on-ramp shake down, I had bugger all in the back of the pickup.

But thanks for that. It maybe explains how the lazy cops can extort money out of anyone less familiar with any of the laws or how they can bend them to fit, ie. farang driving pickup, nothing in the back but we'll <deleted> with him anyway.

17 minutes ago, jvs said:
8 hours ago, grumpy 4680 said:

Changing the subject slightly, some years ago I went to Bangkok docks to pick up a crate in my pick-up, It was securely loaded, but when I got to the expressway, I was stopped, and fined 1,000 bt. It had been a long hard day, as nothing is straight forward here, so I paid, as I was tired, and just wanted to get back to Chiang Mai, I never did understand what the fine was for, the copper just said not allowed on expressway ???????

I was allowed to continue, but not stopped again, of course No Ticket.

Cargo on the tollways has to be covered,a net or tarp will do.

A mates car was ruined when he hit a bag of cement which had 'bounced' out of the back of pickup (uncovered load). 

Uncovered loads are not allowed on the Expressway, its law. Yet, I see this daily. The flagrant disregard for the laws here is only matched by the the complete and total apathy towards their enforcement. 

9 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

Can someone please explain why suitable capacity bikes are banned from express ways now that they have electronic tolls?

Imagine the chaos in a society which has no regard for any laws or regulations. 

Large bikes (i.e. 600cc +) only permitted on an expressway. Society does not police itself here, so who stops the smaller bikes from entering when they try? If its toll both attendants, there will either be fights or they'll let guys pass for 50baht (or whatever is thrown their way)...

It would be impossible to control and given the ineffective policing in Thailand it wouldn't be long before the Expressways are also riddled with motorcycles cutting up traffic and making a nuisance of faster moving traffic - Imagine the additional carnage.....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

lying police and their BS. Sicking. The same thing happened to me. 1000 baht. Was I wrong? Yes. But this is not how you pay traffic violations.

I was on a first time trip on my motorcycle through Bangkok trying to navigate alone and the next thing you know you are on the express way and there is no way to turn around. And they see you are farang and have a nice bike so 1000 baht please.  

Yes. But this is not how you pay traffic violations.

So go to the Police Station and pay the fine - If you paid it to avoid the hassle then you are aiding the corruption

Complicit in corruption then complains about it - you really can't make this stuff up

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Did you keep the receipt? ????

11 hours ago, grumpy 4680 said:

Changing the subject slightly, some years ago I went to Bangkok docks to pick up a crate in my pick-up, It was securely loaded, but when I got to the expressway, I was stopped, and fined 1,000 bt. It had been a long hard day, as nothing is straight forward here, so I paid, as I was tired, and just wanted to get back to Chiang Mai, I never did understand what the fine was for, the copper just said not allowed on expressway ???????

I was allowed to continue, but not stopped again, of course No Ticket.

He fined you because it was securely loaded, not aloud sir.

18 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

lying police and their BS. Sicking. The same thing happened to me. 1000 baht. Was I wrong? Yes. But this is not how you pay traffic violations.

I was on a first time trip on my motorcycle through Bangkok trying to navigate alone and the next thing you know you are on the express way and there is no way to turn around. And they see you are farang and have a nice bike so 1000 baht please.  

FYI, all fines given on the expressway are Baht 1000-

I got fined Baht 1000- for not switching off my left indicator while not turning left but going straight.

Yes, I got a receipt.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

Can someone please explain why suitable capacity bikes are banned from express ways now that they have electronic tolls?

vehicles are categorized by the number of wheels and not by engine size in Thailand, therefore they can either allow 2 wheelers on the express way or ban it all together. Most motorcycles in Thailand are small bikes. up until about 10 years ago there were not so many big bikes around at all as those bikes had to be imported as parts and getting a legal plate was tricky and expensive. Kawasaki were the first to build and sell the 650 cc bikes for a very reasonable price of about 250k thb about ten years ago. legally imported bmw's were around a million at the time

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:35 AM, MadMuhammad said:

Because there are so many of them in Thailand and, apart from the potential congestion, they may be considered dangerous considering the way many motorcyclists ride?

22 hours ago, Benmart said:

Again, sometimes I have doubts about the  articles that I read. Factual reporting is sometimes as questionable as the civility of posters on TVF.

As is the very questionable content of some of Thaivisa members' fanciful stories!

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:43 AM, NCC1701A said:

"...and the next thing you know you are on the express way..."

How did you manage to get past the expressway booths?

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:35 AM, NCC1701A said:

of course I did. NOT. 

The cop rides up to me on some sort of very little scooter and for one millisecond I was thinking I will just hit the gas and be gone but I really don't do stuff like that anymore. 

So the cop takes my license first, and I say I only pay fines at the station. He said OK. I said where is it and he pointed in the general direction of the station knowing it will be a nightmare to find it. I am in full riding gear burning up and I had been on my way to Buriram from Kanchanaburi for one of the races but it was so hot (106f) I decided to abort and go to Pattaya. That is why I did not have my usual GPS planning that I do before I leave my house.

He asked me where I was coming from and where I was going. I said Pattaya. To meet your sister. (OK that last part was not out loud)

So I gave him the money. 

If you'd have asked him for a ticket you would have got a receipt, it was your choice to bribe him!

18 hours ago, Sakeopete said:

Except for riding a motorcycle on the expressway most risks are avoided by using easy pass. There used to be a scam at Rama IV tollbooth the clerks would yell out "Farang" and a cop would run over to make up a charge for the 1000 Baht donation to the policeman's ball.

Yeah, right.