TM30 and change of address while working in Bangkok but moving to Bang Pli Samut Prakan

I currently have a Non B (teaching visa). I have been going to Chaengwattana to do all my visa stuff, renewal, 90 day reporting. I work in the District of Prawet and have been living there since I arrived in Thailand. But I will be moving Bang Pli, Samut Prakan next weekend (20 July 2019). I will be staying at the same job in Prawet. I heard that we have to report our new address within 24h of moving. My first question is which immigration office do I need to change my address at Chaengwattana because that is where I got my Non B visa or do I need to go to the Samut Prakan immigration to change my address? My next question is will I need to start doing my 90 report at Samut Prakan immigration? Thank you.

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

From what I understand you need to go to Samut Prakan immigration, as it's about where you live, not where you work.

For teaching or working the extension is done in the province where they are employed since that is where the work permit is issued.

To OP you will need to the TM30 report at Samut Prakan immigration since that is where your residence is at.

Keep the receipt to show Chaengwattana immigration if they ask for proof it was done.

You may be able to change your address to Samut Prakan to do your 90 day reports there. It would depend upon the office there if they will do it or not since your extension was not issued there.

Report at Samut Prakan immigration office with the tm30 and tm28

You have to take the id and the house book of the landlord in copy and wet signed too.

If landlord not want to provide this still go, report this when you meet the immigration officer. When you report this the immigrstion will help you to get the correct documents.

In my case they called the landlord and demand her to come.

Be aware that the Samut Prakan immigration devision is every time checking your address at almost every contact moment you have and when you are doing the 90 days report they will check this in the system too.

Always keep the all provided documents and slips in and with your passport.

Bangkok and Samutprakan area where you are going to stay look and feel as one. Still Bangkok is a differente province you have to keep this in mind and when you stay longer then 24 hrs you have to report in BKK and later in Samut Prakan.

My personal experience with this is that the officers are willing to help you with the problems you can run into and help you to solve all the problems and issues in a decent way. 

• Like 1