India is the answer! Indians flood Walking Street after bad week for Pattaya

rooster59

8 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Are people really sure that the 'one-can-of-coke-with-five-straws is a 'cheap charlie' thing? I've never observed this behavior before in my entire life, but if I saw five guys rubbing noses together while drinking from separate straws from the same can of coke, my first inclination would be to guess that they were gay, not necessarily being cheap.

I'm entirely happy with Indian tourists in Thailand, I've gone hiking with several Indian families, they come with me as a family because it's free, they bring sandwiches and stay in AirBNB rooms because they can cook all their own food. They work from the room using the free wifi. It's a new type of digital nomad, but one that hardly spends any money at all, I have respect for them and admire them for being more frugal than me. They speak good English and are friendly, happy and easy to get along with.

I wish the Thais were more like them.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yep, no moderation in order with the forum rules. That is only enforced sometimes, for specific chosen things.

I just did a forum search for the forum rules.  Result zero. 

I think it was rule 11 though about no bash on Thais and their culture,  institutions and any other group regardless of sexual perversion and/ or ethnicity.  Or something like that, I'm not 100% sure.  As I said I can't find the rules.  Anywhere.  I'm sure a mod will put a link shortly so we can all be reminded of the rules we signed up to and any updates since then. 

Edited by emptypockets

In India 4+ star accommodations and restaurants are at least double the price of the equivalent in Thailand. They are usually quite full of locals with good sized families.
When an Indian has money they have lots of it and the quickly growing middle class is exploding and already larger than the entire population of North America.
If they do get the upper level tourists then they will score for a while. Downside is that group will likely spend only one holiday In Los, other than weekend shopping trips like they already do.
Medical treatment in India is much cheaper and arguably better, so little chance there.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

67058026_1087873264737341_4267256592207970304_n.jpg

I must say that if the front and second row of people in this photo are representative of Pattaya's Indian community, they appear to be affable, well-groomed, well-dressed, hard-working, and likeable people, totally undeserving of the constant bashing you read on this forum.

Here's what China says about Indians

World

China Claims It Knows What Caused the Fire Outbreak on India's Aircraft Carrier

By Indian Navy - http://indiannavy.nic.in/sites/default/files/vik_2.jpg, GODL-India, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=29657994

Michael Peck

Politics, Asia

Really?

China Claims It Knows What Caused the Fire Outbreak on India's Aircraft Carrier

The fire broke out in the engine room of the carrier Vikramaditya as it entered the Indian naval base at Karwar on April 26.

India’s only aircraft carrier suffered a fire that left one sailor dead.

And China, which is India’s rival, says this is because Indians aren’t competent enough to operate advanced military equipment.

(This appeared first earlier May 2019.)

The fire broke out in the engine room of the carrier Vikramaditya as it entered the Indian naval base at Karwar on April 26.

The blaze was extinguished, but not before an Indian Navy lieutenant commander, who led the firefighting effort, was overcome by fumes and later died in hospital, according to Indian media. He had gotten married just a month earlier.

The Indian Navy reported that the fire had not seriously damaged the combat capabilities of the vessel, which is India’s only operational carrier. The 45,000-ton Vikramaditya – the ex-Soviet carrier Admiral Gorshkov -- had just completed a deployment in the Arabian Sea, and was preparing to begin joint exercises with the French Navy’s only aircraft carrier, the Charles de Gaulle, off the Indian coast.

Read the full article.
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Yinn said:

But the sex tourist make the other tourist feel uncomfortable. Most the sex tourist is European.

I'm pretty sure that Hindustan (pop +1.3 billion) is perfectly capable of providing as many, possibly more, sex tourists than Europe.

Although prostitution is well entrenched, socially acceptable (sounds familiar?) and legal in India, so they will be coming for a bit of variety/"upmarketing" rather than a cheaper price or because their culture frowns upon it, which is the case with yer average, round eyed, whitey.

Prostitution in India - Wikipedia

Edited by Enoon
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Yinn said:

But the sex tourist make the other tourist feel uncomfortable. 

Pattaya's reputation is well-known world wide. If a tourist was uncomfortable with sex-tourism, do they really have anyone but themselves to blame? That's like someone going to Las Vegas or Macau and complaining that gambling makes them uncomfortable.

I don't think Pattaya is going to thrive with an 'all-things-to-all-people' tourism model. It can't thrive as a family resort and sex-tourism hub at the same time. Frankly, the sex-tourists probably aren't any happier being stared at like zoo animals by tourists not there for the bar scene, than the other tourists are thrilled about being around the sex tourism scene. That is a big part of the reason why Pattaya's tourism numbers are down: nobody's happy.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

Once there the europeans who flooded Pattaya, then there were those Russians, than came the Chinese and now the Indians, as Thailand is desperate for those tourist's dollars, i wonder who's going to be next...

No one.

Once there the europeans who flooded Pattaya, then there were those Russians, than came the Chinese and now the Indians, as Thailand is desperate for those tourist's dollars, i wonder who's going to be next...

Africans

41 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Who are they,  and how have they indicated they don't want any more westerners? 

Facts not bar stool OR TVF rumours.

Quotes from officials as indicated by the press and expat Vloggers.

It's an ongoing theme.  Several months ago one official was quoted as saying (an I paraphrase due to time passed) 'we should work toward a goal of fewer Western tourist and we should look to replace them with Chinese.' Since that time, although not official policy, the same theme has been repeated more than just a few times by several officials. Even though it is not official policy, there a many people within Immigration who clearly believe it is defacto policy.

Any honest person who reads Thai Visa Forum on a regular bases will acknowledge a pattern that shows this is not just empty talk.

Burmese?

7 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Thailand still don't get it 

Nobody wants Indian Russian and Chinese 

You need try get us Europeans back 

Easier visa will be a good start 

LOL. I wonder why western tourists always think they are the best what can happen to another country. I have never seen a Chinese tourist drunk, never saw one fighting or walking topless through a city far away from the beach, they never sprayed walls. Yes, many of them are not perfect - but not worse than a European, Aussie or Ami in average. Many of the expensive hotels are full of Chinese - westeners are looking often for the cheapest places. 
Russians are famous for being good drinkers. Ok, after a while they become loud. Westeners are searching where to get the cheapest beer.

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

Next might as well be Africanas 

16 minutes ago, Yinn said:

MOST people think same with me, my boss, my friends, my hotel. Is ugly to see. Pitiful. 

Western people don't care what hotel service staff think.

Your job is to serve us.

Every 5* hotel in the world has old guys with hookers as customers, it's what rich guys do.

Often the hotel will provide the girls.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

LOL. I wonder why western tourists always think they are the best what can happen to another country. I have never seen a Chinese tourist drunk, never saw one fighting or walking topless through a city far away from the beach, they never sprayed walls.

So you haven't heard reports or seen videos of them writing graffiti in temples? You've never seen videos of them going into a feeding frenzy at a seafood buffet? You've never seen videos of them defacating in temples or in the street? You've never seen them marching down the street, ten wide and 20 deep, following the flag and trampling anyone who gets in their way? Maybe you've never heard of the zero baht tours where they come to Thailand and spend zero bahts here? My you have led a sheltered life!

11 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

LOL. I wonder why western tourists always think they are the best what can happen to another country. I have never seen a Chinese tourist drunk, never saw one fighting or walking topless through a city far away from the beach, they never sprayed walls. Yes, many of them are not perfect - but not worse than a European, Aussie or Ami in average. Many of the expensive hotels are full of Chinese - westeners are looking often for the cheapest places. 
Russians are famous for being good drinkers. Ok, after a while they become loud. Westerners are searching where to get the cheapest beer.

Westerners, generally, are prepared to spend more money.  Do you disagree?

BTW, When I read some of the low brow responses on here, I start to empathize with authorities who want less of them.  But as I am a Westerner who is nothing but good for Thailand, I object to the unfair treatment, by Immigration, I have had at the airport in recent months.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

Why?

Who is “nobody”?

We happy if Indian Russian And Chinese want to come. Why not?

Do you know that most Thai people don’t like to look at Grandpa Fatty Farang with the Issan teenage prostitute in the plaza, in the restaurant, in the street. Yuk.

The Russian bring the family, the Chinese come with the big group and take the tours and shopping a lot.

Most European ok, if family, the couple come relax at the beach, shopping.

But the sex tourist make the other tourist feel uncomfortable. Most the sex tourist is European.

Everyone country welcome if polite. 

Only one who like the sex tourist is sex worker and there boss.

Easy for European to get holiday visa.

Chinese come in big groups... yes and make pollution 

Behave badly stealing from hotel's 

Put no money in to easan as farangs does. rape every food buffet 

Russian come with family... Yes but not buy anything mostly Russians come for working illegally 

We farangs don't like see fat farangs with young sex Thai ladies too but aleast she get money to support he family 

India people always buy one beer and share it with 5 people and always try get one lady for have with 5 men for one price 

Are you sure you know what you talking about?????? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ezzra said:

Bangladeshis? Malawis? They probably think that countries around Thailand are there only for cheaper labor, maybe that's why they never celebrate "flooding Burmese"...

3 minutes ago, petemoss said:

So you haven't heard reports or seen videos of them writing graffiti in temples? You've never seen videos of them going into a feeding frenzy at a seafood buffet? You've never seen videos of them defacating in temples or in the street? You've never seen them marching down the street, ten wide and 20 deep, following the flag and trampling anyone who gets in their way? Maybe you've never heard of the zero baht tours where they come to Thailand and spend zero bahts here? My you have led a sheltered life!

Sure I have heard about it. But here it sounds that western tourists are perfect and Chinese, Russians and Indians are the worst tourists on earth. 
8 Million Chinese came to Thailand last year. Let there be 5% idiots. That are 400,000 idiots, what means, that for sure you will see some of them. There came 1 million Europeans, 5% of them are 50,000 but it feels that there are more because I read every day bad stories about them.

29 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Sorry I hurt your feeling. But most people think same me. 

I understand what you are saying, and some of it is true. But what you said about "nobody like sex tourist" except sex worker and the sex worker's boss, isn't really true, and a little bit dishonest for you to say.

Sex worker made a lot of money, sometimes get foreign guy to fall in love with her, send her money every month, build house, give crazy sin sod, buy land, buy land for family, give money to family, spend a lot of money in Thailand. Many Thai people make a lot of money from sex tourism trade, not just sex worker.

When Thai people are making a lot of money from sex tourism NOBODY say anything. Everything just fine. Hard to find anybody - even a monk - to say anything. Now maybe sex industry not make so much profit, so everybody saying sex industry not good for Thailand. But if sex tourism is shameful, it is a shame that Thai people should have just as much as sex tourist. Thai people have no business pointing fingers.

Edited by Gecko123
added sentence "Now maybe sex industry not make so much money...

18 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Take a a look Patong. Sex worker with Chinese, Russian in the plaza? Never see. Is European. 

Sorry I hurt your feeling. But most people think same me. 

There is a reason that you never see a Russisn with a Thai sex worker. They are extremely racist against Thais, a Russian man would rather die than be seen with a Thai woman. I'm sorry but I refuse to say here some of the things they say about Thai women, really disgusting. I'll just repeat one word and you'll get the idea, "ling".

Chinese men do go with Thai women, but has already been pointed out, when they come to Thailand, the will spend almost nothing.

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

the sex-tourists probably aren't any happier being stared at like zoo animals by tourists not there for the bar scene, than the other tourists are thrilled about being around the sex tourism scene. That is a big part of the reason why Pattaya's tourism numbers are down: nobody's happy.

Ok, you understand the uncomfortable feeling.

I not say not do it. Up to you.

Curtain hotel ok for that. No problem.

Why public? Act like real wife?  Make people uncomfortable because everyone know.

i never go to Pattaya before. But I know thai family live there, thai want to go holiday from Bangkok because can go quickly. Chinese and Russian family go there. I think have more this people than the sex tourist. So people will look them like the zoo. Because not normal.

This thred funny. Say bad thing about Indian people, no problem. But say true about sex tourist and people so hurt.