Blaming uncooked veg not meat! Thai woman relates tongue experience

rooster59

Blaming uncooked veg not meat! Thai woman relates tongue experience

Capture.JPG

Image: Thai Rath

A Thai woman went on Facebook to explain what happened to her after she noticed what she thought was some kind of zit on her tongue.

Friends said she should see a doctor but being afraid of needles "Warisa Bpt" took some medication for six days instead. 

But the problem persisted so she went to a doctor who said he had never seen anything like this before. 

Further tests revealed that it was a larval cyst from a pork tapeworm (taenia solium). It had become embedded in her tongue.

The patient said she never ate uncooked pork.

The blame has been placed at the door of raw vegetables that the patient likes to eat. 

She warned other Facebook users about complacency.

The story has been shared more than four thousand times. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-13

27 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

she went to a doctor who said he had never seen anything like this before. 

really? in medical school you never studied anything like this? even just a photo?

from google:

Why do I have a pimple on my tongue?

Inflamed papillae, or taste buds, are small, painful bumps that appear after an injury from a bite or irritation from hot foods. A canker sore is another common cause of pain on or under the tongue. ... Other, less common reasons for tongue pain include cancer, anemia, oral herpes, and irritating dentures or braces.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Is that picture a photo of her tongue ? ...looke more of a picture of her meeeow to me...

maybe you should take this test. :cheesy: i fail every time. :clap2:

http://theinkblot.com/

"The inkblot test (also called the "Rorschach" test) is a method of psychological evaluation. Psychologists use this test in an attempt to examine the personality characteristics and emotional functioning of their patients. This test is often employed in diagnosing underlying thought disorders and differentiating psychotic from non-psychotic thinking in cases where the patient is reluctant to openly admit to psychotic thinking."

• Haha 2

tapeworms were in her intestines for years, just the cyst appear in the tongue. Cysts do develop over long periods, 10-20 years. Usually have to be removed by operation, because medicines won't work. She should check her other body organs, first of all liver

• Like 1

On 7/12/2019 at 11:49 PM, overherebc said:

Raw veggies??

Only way I can see that, and I don't even know if it's possible, is raw pork stored next to the veggies in the fridge or above them so blood can drip on the veggies.

Or possibly cutting vegetables on a cutting board that had been used to cut pork and was not cleaned properly. Proper food hygiene is uncommon in Thailand. 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 10:57 AM, NCC1701A said:

does she work in Pattaya? this is why I always carry a small flashlight.

"Sorry honey, just a look before we begin."

Some orifices are bigger than Carnegie hall, you may need to go large with the flashlight !

Well as many said, lack of hygiene, mistreating meat.

FIrst meat on cutting board and then veggies, with not proper cleaning. Or a cook who dont wash his hands, 

many ways to infect. Aswell not washing the veggies, can give problems

Seen in Thailand, meat displayed in ICE, everyone to touch. REally got scared with a "butcher" in province.

BUt i love meat, will never surrender to only veggies.

Besides only veggies isnt healthy, you get a shortage on B12 vitamins and you get body problems.

THey say on docu i saw. You should add B12 as supplement to your food.

On 7/13/2019 at 10:46 AM, colinneil said:

What a load of nonsense, pork tape worm from uncooked veg, if it was a doctor saying that, the doctor should be struck off.

I beg to differ. Suppose the uncooked vegetables were handled by someone who just before touched raw pork and there you have contamination. Happens all the time, plastic gloves or not.

• Confused 1

Malaysia had no local infection of pork tape worm for over 80 years, although there were a few cases of Cysticercosis involving foreign workers in the past few years. That's because the inspection of carcasses at abattoirs are often done.

Muslim-majority Malaysia used to be a net exporter of pork, mostly to Singapore and Thailand, but after the outbreak of the deadly Nipah virus (which was found to be spread by fruit bats) in 1999, many pig farmers (mostly ethnic Chinese) have left the business and now Malaysia is around 90% self-sufficient in pork production.