Thai PM recommends two more books

rooster59

2 hours ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

am amazed a man that I have never heard speaking, nor understand English (he uses an interpreter as seen on TV) can read 2 books written in English within a few hours and then give comment on these books.

Fourth industrial revolution... Thailand 4.0... Four legs good, two legs bad. Seeing a pattern here... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

C'Mon! We all know that you're more a childish book lover.

What about Aladdin and the Wonderlamp as a start? 

Why not, as he couldn't possibly 'recommend': 'Ali Baba and the 40 thieves', could he, as in that story the hero, Ali Baba, is NOT the chief of the thieves...

4 hours ago, nev said:

What does the H.E. stand for His Excellency.?

2 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Yes. As Prime Minister he is entitled to be addressed as such.

No, but it stand for His Excellens. That is what he is entitled to.

4 hours ago, owenm said:

Wasn't Prayut suggesting to all the RTP to watch a Tom Selleck TV police series to improve their policing skills several years ago?? 

The comedy of this man.. Maybe reading Abbott and Costello (P & P the watchman) would be more suitable for the super duo.. If either could fluently read English that is.. 

Or The 3 Stoogers.. But who would be no 3??

Or Keystone Cops..

I am kinda interested in what Thai high school and university students are assigned to read. Do they get exposed to any of the great classics, that transcend cultures, translated into Thai. I'm thinking of books that we probably were all assigned, such as Gulliver's Travels, one of the greatest political satires ever produced, or Shakespeare. What types of literature are they exposed to? Anyone know (seriously)?

8 hours ago, Reigntax said:

Shouldn't he adapt to the first industrial revolution prior to taking huge steps to the 4th.

He probably thinks it a military coup or rolling in the tanks against a group of factory workers.

Please  refresh my memory ,  when was the first industrial revolution.

Would it have been in Britain .

7 hours ago, nickstav said:

I am kinda interested in what Thai high school and university students are assigned to read. Do they get exposed to any of the great classics, that transcend cultures, translated into Thai. I'm thinking of books that we probably were all assigned, such as Gulliver's Travels, one of the greatest political satires ever produced, or Shakespeare.

You never read about Naresuan The Great at school? 

• Haha 2