Interview w/ Pacific Cross about health insurance requirement

Both the Thai VIsa Protect and PCHI products have general age related exclusions/wait period for cataracts and prostate exclusions for people over age 55,  they can be removed immediately on receipt of an eye exam and PSA test thats shows all well, which is stated clearly on the offer letters.

People are welcome to shop elsewhere, be prepared to have issues at the point of claims with providers that don't fully underwrite.

On 7/15/2019 at 8:05 AM, Martyp said:

Note none of this has anything to do with us if already here even if you are on an O-A visa currently. It is about new applicants outside of Thailand.

All new visas are for new applicants outside of Thailand. This is a requirement only to be issued the visa. If already issued then you slipped through before hand. 

I am curious how this works for the O-X, which I intend to go for the day I cross 50.. If I get 1 years insurance, and obtain the 5 or 10 year (still unclear on that) visa, what happens if I dont renew year 2 ?? 

15 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

I am curious how this works for the O-X, which I intend to go for the day I cross 50.. If I get 1 years insurance, and obtain the 5 or 10 year (still unclear on that) visa, what happens if I dont renew year 2 ?? 

If you read the rules for the non-ox visa it states you have to go to immigration after after a year to confirm you still meet the requirements.

"Foreigners must report, in person, to the immigration officer every 1 year for the examination of the qualifications and supporting documents."

Source: http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/other/7394/80938-Non-–-Immigrant-Visa--“O---X”-(Long-Stay-10-years).html

Not sure how it really works since I have not seen any reports about the OX visa from anybody other than one that got one but not more info than that. IMO immigration is not involved in anyway since they have no info about it and do not issue one as stated in the requirements for one.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you read the rules for the non-ox visa it states you have to go to immigration after after a year to confirm you still meet the requirements.

"Foreigners must report, in person, to the immigration officer every 1 year for the examination of the qualifications and supporting documents."

Source: http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/other/7394/80938-Non-–-Immigrant-Visa--“O---X”-(Long-Stay-10-years).html

Not sure how it really works since I have not seen reports about the OX visa from anybody other than one that got one.

Chances are I wont be in the country.. Fail to see the point of a 5/10 year visa, if you have to go 'renew' and have it checked annually. 

That sucks. 

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

VA pays for any medical care related to my military disability.  How do I tell the insurance company I don't need coverage in that area - didn't see anything in the paperwork that covered this.  Perchance do you know?

I don't know. This is the first time I ever bought insurance outside my work/pension system (The University of California). I don't think insurance is a-la-cart or whether it matters much if you have multiple insurance policies with overlapping coverage. It sounds like something you have to negotiate one-on-one. Good luck on that.

Aetna had some more expensive policies that didn't have a large deductible. When I asked them about it they said they didn't have those policies and they didn't offer to make a custom policy for me (though I didn't ask/demand either to be fair).