I'm DONE with these VISA policies!!! CEBU here I come!!

1 minute ago, FritsSikkink said:

Must be true love from her side then :cheesy::cheesy:

If he thinks the Thai girls are clever, wait until he gets to the Philippines ... those girls put Thailand to shame ... they know how to to exploit lie-abilities via ass-sets to land you in the poor house like no other.

16 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Did my work permit, non immigrant B and 90 day reporting in 30 minutes 2 days ago.

Impossible! I've done my visa and work permit extension in 40 minutes. But the places are far away from each other.

How did you do that? I'm pretty sure in the PI it's only 15 minutes.....(Lol)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

What internet? I'm in Angeles City right now and other than shitty slow internet at the hotel and bars (wifi) literally cannot get any at all. Cell service is non-existent. Rainy season, too.

I disagree about cost of living though - alcohol which is my main expense costs about HALF here than it does in Bangkok. So do women, but let's leave that for another topic. ????

I agree with everything.  Philippines is the first 5G country to start implementing it.  Though it will be gradual. Have to wait and see what the result is.

4 hours ago, Banana7 said:

That's ridiculous. Although it is house owner's responsibility according to law, Thai Immigration chooses to fine the renter/foreigner for no TM30. Thousands of foreigners who rent have paid the fine. Go read the posts on this website and get educated.

Educate from confused farang called Banana or read the official rule on website.

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/การแจ้งที่พักคนต่างด้าว

If have problem, just show the dtormor this one. Is there rule.

Good luck.

25 minutes ago, bangkokequity said:

Why all the fuss?  It is a big world, and there is an a$$ for every seat.  Best wishes on your next journey, The Philippines are lovely and have a wide cultural blend with all those islands.  Mai Pen Rai ... 

Agreed!  It's not bad.  Sure relative depending on individuals wants/needs/perspectives.  Some things are great in PI, somethings suck.  Island hoping is amazing, girls are warm and fun, immigration super easy/fast/cheap, roads are way safer, beer is cheap...wifi, medical, food is crap - for me.

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

No secret.  Get there first in line.  Never take your wife.  Have all of your paperwork in order.  Read Thai visa and have a folder titled, "Thai Visa rumor paperwork and keep all of the rumor paperwork there, I've never been asked for anything in that file but I have it just in case." Big wai the Immigration officer that you see.  Be polite but don't speak Thai.  Wear long pants and white shirt and socks and shoes/not sandals.  Clean shaved and short hair cut.  Listen to what is going on around you.  Have correct change.  Listen to people who have positive extension experiences because they can help you have a positive extension experience.  

I'm gonna make this as short as possible: I tried to do an extension at Jomtien once.  Did everything except arrive in a suit.  Blazing humid heat.  Everyone in shorts. It was Shongkran.  Even Immigration wore Hawaiian shirts and shorts.  Everything else you mention, I followed.  Immigration lady was the anti christ.  Total push back, requesting items normally not required or requested before, ie; blue book, etc.  I left, returned next day with the same items this time a different lady, everything went smooth.  Some people are lucky, some people win the lottery, I don't know but life works better for them.  Some people have the wrong skin or eye color, and life is going to be an up hill battle. Describe it however you wish, but no matter what my day with her was going to be HELL.  Normally, it is not even when I followed half of your check list. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Many have said the same over the past two years, most have now had to do a TM30 in order to get an extension and many fined. You have been lucky but I doubt it will last. Turn in the paper work to an Immigration office and go back the next day? never heard of that. Or do you mean to an agent?

No, never used an agent after the first time. For the 90-day reporting, it's pretty immediate, but for the annual extension, the past couple of times, including just a month or so ago, they tell me to come back the next day. No big deal for me, as I live 5-10 minutes from the immigration office. It's a minor inconvenience compared to not getting the extension.

39 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

I agree, looks are way, way down on the priority list for Filipinas (strange as it might sound to most not in the know).  They are most interested in how you treat them and where your heart lies.  God bless them for that!  If (or when) I ever leave Thailand, P.I. will probably be my next stop.  It's nice that they speak English too and as long as you don't take them out of the Philippines then it's all good.

I discovered the same.  Their ability to speak english, mixed in with their version of humor makes for an easy fun filled conversation that sometimes can be titillating, playful, and cheeky.

Edited by mike787
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

what???

having to report your presence to immigration everytime you return home from an overnight trip to another town is beyond ludicrous. enjoy it though yeah.

even people fresh out of jail don't have to report to this nonsense back home

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Retirement extension took me 12 minutes this year - same as last 15 years no more paperwork - easy.  I don't imagine you have ever applied for any kind of Thai visa.  If so, tell us what your problems were and we will tell you where you went wrong.  

Which immigration office was that