Entering Bangkok Airport on a Non-O (ED) Visa

Has anyone had any experience going through Suvannabhumi or Don Mueang airport Immigration on a newly obtained Ed visa? 
I have a bunch of in-out exemptions and TVs in my passport so I'm wondering if I'm likely to get a problem or even rejected when I try to fly in from Vietnam.

1 minute ago, JohnnyBKK said:

I was detained with ED visa and sent to a detention room then deported back to my country. The IO thought I was working in Thailand (I wasn't).

Oh my...... Was it your first ED visa? And did you have several TV or exemption stamps in your PP? 

1 hour ago, JohnnyBKK said:

Then to come back I had to buy the elite visa

Yeah, all you had to do is come back through a land border with your unused ED visa and extend locally.

You must be regretting the purchase now, during current climate.

Usually, you will not be quizzed entering Thailand with a first Non Ed visa. The normal issue, if there is one, is that you have spent time outside Thailand when you apparently should have been studying. This can lead to the conclusion that you are not a genuine student. Also known, after you have been "learning Thai" for a significant period, is talking to you in Thai to see if there is evidence that you have learned anything.

If you have previously worked in Thailand, and return with a visa that does not allow working, it is conceivable that an immigration official could suspect you of working illegally and deny you entry on that basis. If the suspicion is unfounded, you are just extremely unlucky, and will need to make your way back to Thailand via a friendly land crossing.

OP, as you have stated you have many exempt stamps and tourist visas. There was thread few months back now, a guy flew Saigon to DM...... denied entry (had a setv from Saigon consulate) returned to Saigon denied entry (I assume because he entered Vietnam visa exempt UK and upon return did not have visa).... Anyway then had to fly back to UK. Yuk!

Your in better situation as he had setv and you would have ed visa. Border entry best but messy from Vietnam. 

The advice given to me by my school is to inform them if you are leaving the country - they will then issue you with a letter confirming you are attending classes and have been given permission by them for a break and it will also have their contact details etc

If you are still in Thailand get this letter - if not contact your school to fax or email it to you

• Like 1