BTS Passes

gk10002000

I was just on the BTS website.  All I want is a one day pass, which it says costs 140 baht.  That's fine.  Do I need anything special to buy that card/pass?  Passport, online registration or any other nutty stuff?  Also, except for the rabbit card which the site says is for students primarily, I did not see where one can buy some sort of card and just keep putting money in there.  I know in years past I used to do that, but I don't seem to see that as an option now.

I've had a yellow/orange Rabbit card for several years. You can keep buying credit as you need it. But, as above, you have to have your passport or Thai driver's licence (which I used) to register it before you can put money on it. The Rabbit card is also like a cash card. You can use it many places although I don't use it as such. 

1. Rabbit card supports two types of charges: THB amount or Set number of rides. Second one is primarily for students because price is dependent on number of rides per month, and they expire. You just want to buy a rabbit card (take passport) and put some money in it. Will take 5 minutes or so to process.

2. I *think* they are still available but were never good value for money. (unless you want to spend the days going up and down the line for the free airconditioning)

@2, yes, thats why they are a bit expensive (though at the mo about double the most expensive signle end to end) and to please the tourists at which they are obviously aimed. better for lots of short trips in the day (NOT 24 hrs!!

Archived