Buying A New Car

I'm considering buying a new 4 door sedan and wondered if any member here is well versed in all the available brands and tax situation for those built/assembled here within Thailand.

As I understand it, those models that are built/assembled locally within Thailand have little or no taxes involved in the sale while those imported carry quite large tax burdens along with a higher "sticker price".

Could someone tell me the 3 largest 4 door sedan models made here "in-country" and what the total drive out price might me for a "loaded" model?

Ken

Generally speaking, cars fully assembled in Thailand have lowest tax, followed by cars partially assembled here and finally cars imported with the highest tax.

Among the 4-door sedans fully assembled in Thailand (and thus lowest tax), the following come to my mind:

- Toyota Camry (3 different engines offered: 2.0, 2.4 and 3.5 liter with 1.4, 1.8 and 2.8 Million Bath)

- Nissan Teana (also 2 different engines offered, price similar to the "small" Camry)

- Honda Accord (I believe 2.4 and 3.0 liter engines offered)

According to my experience, the Camry offers the best value for money and is the best equipped. Unfortunately I made very bad experiences with several Toyota dealers here in Bangkok. You wouldn't believe how unprofessional these Toyota dealers were. They made me so upset that I bought a Volvo.

Absolutely, the 2.0 liter has no power and no torque. You have to constantly rev it up, that means louder and thirstier. I would certainly recommend the 2.4 liter. I have never driven the new 3.5 liter, I would assume it is the same as in the Lexus. But quite a lot more expensive than the 2.4 liter.

The new Camry has many goodies not found in the big luxury European cars, such as:

- Navigation

- video camera for backing up

- key less engine start

- air con'ed driver seats

- tire pressure monitor

- CD, DVD, MP3 radio

- electric front seats with memory

- etc