Thai man dies after going round the bend in Isaan

webfact

Thai man dies after going round the bend in Isaan

7pm.jpg
Picture: Sanook

Our picture today shows the result of an accident in Sisaket in Thailand's north east.

Witnesses said that the Mitsubishi car failed to negotiate a bend on the Sisaket to Yang Chum Noi road. The driver hit a power pole that snapped.

The car was literally folded in two, reported Sanook. 

It took rescue workers half an our to cut out the deceased driver - named as Anupong, 39, a local from the village of Ban Jorm. 

Yang Chum Noi police are investigating but have released the body to relatives for cremation. 

The accident happened last Thursday. 

Source: Sanook

Hang on,  I see people getting banned left right and centre for making insensitive comments or jokes on posts about death on these forums, yet you lead with a headline involving a pun when someone died? 

My condolences to all involved and wish this leaves a strong reminder that they are incompetent and unable to control a vehicle to the point that they are literally the most dangerous drivers in the world

I know I have said it many times but its a point that should be remembered - many peoples lives needlessly took by this terrible system that is designed to fail - where is the politician on his soap box for this? Where is the outcry? In any developed nation we would fix it 

Obviously there is also a great lack in compassion here despite claiming to be buddhist

1 hour ago, MartiniMan said:

I know I have said it many times but its a point that should be remembered - many peoples lives needlessly took by this terrible system that is designed to fail - where is the politician on his soap box for this? Where is the outcry? In any developed nation we would fix it 

The people responsible have alternative agendas... 

1 hour ago, MartiniMan said:

My condolences to all involved and wish this leaves a strong reminder that they are incompetent and unable to control a vehicle to the point that they are literally the most dangerous drivers in the world

Obviously there is also a great lack in compassion here despite claiming to be buddhist

From top to bottom nobody gives a toss about anything in this country....

3 hours ago, SammyT said:

Hang on,  I see people getting banned left right and centre for making insensitive comments or jokes on posts about death on these forums, yet you lead with a headline involving a pun when someone died? 

Totally agree. I got suspended once for going off topic. The headline is a cheap attempt at humour and inappropriate. 

30 minutes ago, transam said:

From top to bottom nobody gives a toss about anything in this country....

Summed up exactly how it is here, although I am hoping one day there can be some light to remove the clouds from within my mind while I try and stay focused on the clear air and greenery for now, thus giving me some hope, but I know soon the green fields will turn to the colour of gold and dry and the air thick with smoke while everybody burns their rice and sugarcane crops, not giving a rats a$$ about others or their own health for the almighty baht.

God help me as my anxiety level goes through the roof, perhaps I should take a young lady for an hour to lover my anxiety level while it raises another level ????

4 minutes ago, Nip said:

Totally agree. I got suspended once for going off topic. The headline is a cheap attempt at humour and inappropriate. 

Now, now, we all know that "going around the bend" can have two meanings, i.e. going round the bend, or like me, (in slang) slowly "going around the bend" being here in Thailand.

4 hours ago, SammyT said:

It all depends Who's posting   ????

3 hours ago, MartiniMan said:

And another unnecessary cost for the utility company to replace that innocent power pole.

6 hours ago, SammyT said:

I get banned frequently, usually because one of the supposedly impartial mods disagrees with my political bent on some topic or another. 

6 hours ago, transam said:

Looks like the ride has low profile/wider tyres which tells me he probably was a bit of a boy racer that over cooked it. I did that once but obviously survived...:whistling:

I noticed that, and it suggests perhaps maybe some more illegal modifications and a driver mentality aligned with speed and excitement.

RIP young man.

The road engineering (or lack of) doesn’t help. Most countries firstly have kerbs at the edge of the road, first line of defence, secondly they move utility poles off of footpaths or roads, and make them and road signs and other street furniture snap off when you hit them. They also don’t line roads with unyielding trees or have big unfenced ditches, also containing trees, at the side and median of the roads and have Armco type barriers instead. 

One little mistake here means death.

The USA has some pretty scary roads.  I was on a road in Arizona that was much like this road in Colorado ... narrow and no guard rails or shoulders. Hundreds of feet to the bottom. My suburban area has plenty of trees and moderately deep ditches in places.  A guy died awhile back by hitting one of those two trees behind the blue sign, and that is the straightest part of the road.  My buddy's house has two conveniently placed utility poles out front.

image.png.121098af771d235d2b0f8cdf6a293e64.pngimage.png.7f04f95a163ca9e95cbeaba6f813837d.pngimage.png.872727c0b9ca30d16b018f96f0f9c68c.png

Two years ago, two Thai students died in California after their car plunged 150 meters into the Kings River.  They clipped the very end of a guard rail.  A month later, a Chinese-American couple ran off the cliff about 50 feet away. 

17 hours ago, transam said:

Looks like the ride has low profile/wider tyres which tells me he probably was a bit of a boy racer that over cooked it. I did that once but obviously survived...:whistling:

Most likely modified to produce thick clouds of black smoke. RIP

On 7/23/2019 at 11:42 AM, Matzzon said:

Driver license, or no driver license. I think it´s more than only motorcycling arabs that needs to be rounded up.
Nice folding of the car.

Not only Mitsu can fold.

Here's evidence even Mercedes Benz bends.image.jpeg.7182bf90de1afc3b163937a93d555790.jpeg

Archived