Mike Shopping Mall

elgenon

Wasn't it a hotel on top of the shopping center?

What Pattaya urgently needs.

But admittedly: beach front rooms with unobstructed view are not plenty.

And the boring shopping center needs real good ideas to stand out or how can they survive?

And the boring shopping center needs real good ideas to stand out or how can they survive?
Great.If you run out of Armani underpants it would be a short walk from your hotel room to downstairs.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8304F1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

The mall survived for years as THE destination for the package tours, with the parking area full of tour buses every night. Not sure where they go now, but not to Mike.

Can't see them surviving much longer with the old model.

I was told the bottom floor shops will remain.

The rest they are building a hotel.

Not a bad idea there is already a nice pool on the roof and the fairly new gym, so some amenities are set.

I think the location will do well.

8 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Not a bad idea there is already a nice pool on the roof and the fairly new gym, so some amenities are set.

Pool has been gone for quite some time......the building of the new Hotel,at the rate it seems to be going at will take forever.......:thumbsup:

21 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Do you really want to stay in a beach view room there with that traffic driving in front of your balcony 24/7 . Dont think so 

19 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Do you really want to stay in a beach view room there with that traffic driving in front of your balcony 24/7 . Dont think so 

You mean like View Talay and the hotels a bit north? Once you are a few levels up it's not so bad.

38 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Yes, many do want just that--a beach view room in the heart of things.  Hilton, Avani, Holiday Inn, Hard Rock, and all the other beachfront hotels.  Amari just added a new addition.  Mike should do ok with hotel rooms and a smaller shopping area.

Mike"s !   All those long trips down to Pattaya for a few days of being a bit naughty.   Now seems like a lifetime ago.    Girls, booze,  what have you.   I can hardly remember any of it . I do remember I was always happy to get back to "boring"  Chiangmai.   Just seeing the mountains as I got near Tak made me feel good.

2 minutes ago, rumak said:

Mike"s !   All those long trips down to Pattaya for a few days of being a bit naughty.   Now seems like a lifetime ago.    Girls, booze,  what have you.   I can hardly remember any of it .

On the other hand, I can remember every detail ......... it's all I have left.

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
18 hours ago, SteveK said:
I first went to the Mike mall in 2008, amazing it's still going considering the utter garbage they were selling at the time.

Probably still selling the same garbage

It was recommended to me by a friend who lived in Patts as THE place to buy clothes.

On 7/24/2019 at 11:57 AM, bkk6060 said:

I think Mike will make a bit more as a hotel. If it gets built.

Have the stores stock goods that the Chinese want. They can stay at the hotel and shop there too.

4 minutes ago, elgenon said:

It was recommended to me by a friend who lived in Patts as THE place to buy clothes.

Bought 3 Polo brand short sleeve shirts from there recently. 100% cotton and made in Thailand. 750 Baht in total. That would not buy me one shirt of similar quality back in the UK.

5 minutes ago, champers said:

Bought 3 Polo brand short sleeve shirts from there recently. 100% cotton and made in Thailand. 750 Baht in total. That would not buy me one shirt of similar quality back in the UK.

Did you buy the Beverly Hills Polo Club shirts that were on sale at Festival? If I remember correctly they were cheaper. But were Ts.

19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Building the hotel has stalled, smacks of financial trouble and this now taking years. It was meant to be open by now incl the new pool

The rebar sticking out of the original Mikes Building was there in 2002.

Finally,  maybe being put to use.

4 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Did you buy the Beverly Hills Polo Club shirts that were on sale at Festival? If I remember correctly they were cheaper. But were Ts.

No. I don't normally buy Ts. I have some polo; not Polo; shirts for the gym. I like a shirt with a breast pocket for going out.

Many years ago I filled my suitcase with copy shirts from there and took them back with me on a visit to the UK. Sold them on Ebay and made enough profit to cover my return airfare.

Those were the days. You can now get better quality clothing cheaper in UK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived