Waiting to pass immigration. How long?

3 hours ago, swissie said:

Indeed, how "`to book"? During flight with Thai Airways? Displaying cash to the "flight-attendant" in a "brown envelope", 10 minutes before landing?"

My travel-agent tells me there is no such things in existance with "Thai-AIrways". Unless one travels with a "first-class-ticket".

We shall see. Wiil keep you posted. For better or for worse.

Stay tuned.

https://www.limousine.in.th/fast-track-immigration.html

16 hours ago, Wiggy said:

I think you’ll find the latter has been discontinued.

I’ve never tried the Thai line; how does that work with the automatic e-gates?

Only discontinued by BFS. Bangkok Airport Limousine still offers fast track for 1200 Baht.  I used it on June 30th.

We don't use the automatic e-gates.  We go through the Thai line that still has an IO which is the one for pregnant and disabled people.  My wife goes through and tells them I'm her husband and then I go through w/ no issues.  Longest queue I've seen was about 5-6 people.

One more thing worth noting:  One time about 2 years ago I came through alone around 1am w/ no fast track, and the immigration line was pretty long (starting to back down the ramp, mostly full of Chinese), and I just politely asked one of the ladies standing on the ramp directing people if I could use the Thai line, and she smiled and said ok.

4 hours ago, gdaf123 said:

Only discontinued by BFS. Bangkok Airport Limousine still offers fast track for 1200 Baht.  I used it on June 30th.

We don't use the automatic e-gates.  We go through the Thai line that still has an IO which is the one for pregnant and disabled people.  My wife goes through and tells them I'm her husband and then I go through w/ no issues.  Longest queue I've seen was about 5-6 people.

One more thing worth noting:  One time about 2 years ago I came through alone around 1am w/ no fast track, and the immigration line was pretty long (starting to back down the ramp, mostly full of Chinese), and I just politely asked one of the ladies standing on the ramp directing people if I could use the Thai line, and she smiled and said ok.

Thanks for the info 

Well I just had a return flight from Canada with my 6 year old, and could have not gone any smoother.

I had an injury to my wrist which made it difficult to get my hand in the machine, agent was great, responded in English to use left hand no problem. He even joked with my daughter, who speaks a little Thai, and was ever so nice.

I arrived at 9pm so not very busy however a Thai greeter saw me with my child and ushered us over to quick lane.

Same when we left with daughter and wife....immigration were joking with us and smiling the whole time. We checked thru at 9am and took about 7 minutes. 

I add that we have flown in and out 4 times since February and each experience has been good. 

I do try and arrange flights that arrive outside of busy times, but I have to say our experiences have been quite pleasant.

NOW...you want sour faced, power hungry, racist, immigration....try the CBA's...canadian border services agents....wow....they see a brown face (funny being most agents are of color..asian...indian...other) and you can seem them grin....knowing they are going to be grilling some person with possible limited english skills....

Was the complete opposite of Thailand. My daughter has a very fair complexion being most people would not guess she has a Thai mother. 

So he asked my daughter who this was. Pointing to my wife, her mother...daughter replies...mommy. His question...your real mommy?

My daughter did not know how to answer....that was how the next 30 minutes began????.

Just an observation that ignorant immigration officers work in many countries around the world and not just limited to Thailand.

Just another note...the Canadian process was a joyful experience compared to Irish immigration. My daughter and I carry Irish passports as well..and you think we were committing some high treason or criminal masterminds with the grilling we got. My poor wife has requested we never travel there again.

That's probably because Don Mueang is mostly, maybe entirely, a budget airline airport. No business class, no VIPs. Bummer. I'll be using it next month arriving from Singapore and was hoping to come in through the old farts entrance. I asked on here a few weeks ago and surprisingly didn't get a definitive answer one way or the other if there was a VIP/old folks entrance or not.

There is only a separate immigration desk for diplomats and even this is most of the time closed. The only thing you can do is pass the waiting line and go strait to the immigration desk. But make sure you walk and talk like a real “old fart” :)

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, luk AJ said:

There is only a separate immigration desk for diplomats and even this is most of the time closed. The only thing you can do is pass the waiting line and go strait to the immigration desk. But make sure you walk and talk like a real “old fart” ????

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Or I could pretend I'm Chinese and barge my way to the front. The problem is, they'd all be doing that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 3:13 AM, rct99q said:

NOW...you want sour faced, power hungry, racist, immigration....try the CBA's...canadian border services agents....wow

So far as I can tell Canadian border agents are obnoxious toward almost everyone.  I know a lot of people who have visited Canada for all sorts of reasons, including yours truly, but I don't know one single person who described the experience in positive terms.  These agents give their country a bad name and dissuade lots of tourist money with bad attitudes.  Which is odd and unfortunate considering that most Canadians are extremely pleasant and friendly.

Archived