Russia intent on interfering with U.S. elections - FBI Director Wray

webfact

7 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Yeah, thats not at all whats happening, and Ill refer you to this post:

Re your attempted "illegal aliens" deflection from U.S. election tampering by an adversary foreign government:

There is no empirical evidence that voter fraud occurs often enough to have any plausible impact on elections.[11][12][13] One study, commonly cited by President Trump and other Republicans, purported to show that non-citizens vote in large numbers in the United States, but the findings of the study were later shown to be driven by measurement error and have been comprehensively rebutted.[14][15][16][17][13] The authors of the study have conceded that measurement error "may have biased our numbers", and have also rebuked President Trump for claiming that millions voted illegally in 2016.[18]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_ID_laws_in_the_United_States

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Re your attempted "illegal aliens" deflection from U.S. election tampering by an adversary foreign government:

Yeah, refusing to audit is not proof that it isn't an issue - it just means that we don't know, and the lefts vehement refusal to do anything about it is evidence enough that it is, in fact, an issue. And its not a deflection because the same hypocrites who are clutching their pearls at Russian facebook posts, do everything in their power to make sure the sanctity of the vote at home is undermined and unchecked.

Dems want to use this to gain power while at the same time blocking any effort to make sure only eligible voters are voting. 

Trump only won by the tens of thousands of votes, some races for congressional representation are won by the thousands and even hundreds. 

The idea that its a non-issue is a farce and denialism. 

Just now, bristolboy said:

Russians hacked voting databases in two Florida counties in 2016, governor says

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/14/18623392/russians-ron-desantis-vote-database-hack-gru-ron-wyden-paper-ballots

Mueller report: Russia hacked state databases and voting machine companies

Russian intelligence officers injected malicious SQL code and then ran commands to extract information

https://www.rollcall.com/news/whitehouse/barrs-conclusion-no-obstruction-gets-new-scrutiny

DHS, FBI say election systems in all 50 states were targeted in 2016

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/04/dhs-fbi-say-election-systems-in-50-states-were-targeted-in-2016/

Im not sure you could pick any more untrustworthy, fringe websites if you tried. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

Russians hacked voting databases in two Florida counties in 2016, governor says

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/14/18623392/russians-ron-desantis-vote-database-hack-gru-ron-wyden-paper-ballots

Mueller report: Russia hacked state databases and voting machine companies

Russian intelligence officers injected malicious SQL code and then ran commands to extract information

https://www.rollcall.com/news/whitehouse/barrs-conclusion-no-obstruction-gets-new-scrutiny

DHS, FBI say election systems in all 50 states were targeted in 2016

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/04/dhs-fbi-say-election-systems-in-50-states-were-targeted-in-2016/

Did Russia tamper/change any votes? Link please because there are none above.  

1 hour ago, Thainesss said:

Thats also extremely rich. The only party that cares about the sanctity of the vote is the Republicans. 

The left does everything in their power to undermine it. 

I’ll have what he’s smoking please lol now that’s bizarre I understand you support Donald ok but really??

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Thainesss said:

Oh boy thats rich. Ok, on what planet does it make sense to equate 2 YEARS fake & false "Trump Russia" narrative blasted willingly from every available news outlet by lefty politicians.... To what Trump has said and done on the matter.

The scale would spontaneously combust with the needle pinned to the left, if applied objectively. 

Fake and false news is what you call it, at least. Considering your posting history, allow me to doubt you're much of an authority when it comes to applying things objectively.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tug said:

I’ll have what he’s smoking please lol now that’s bizarre I understand you support Donald ok but really??

If we all REALLY care about elections and their outcomes, up to and including foreign meddling, why would we not start at home and ensure only eligible voters are casting ballots? This is really important, and only one side cares, and its not the left. 

If this position is extreme to you or anyone else, I don't know what to tell you.

6 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

If we all REALLY care about elections and their outcomes, up to and including foreign meddling, why would we not start at home and ensure only eligible voters are casting ballots? This is really important, and only one side cares, and its not the left. 

If this position is extreme to you or anyone else, I don't know what to tell you.

Well, a Trump nominated committee looked into that and basically found nothing so that seems not to be a factor. Remember? No? Google is able to help you and if that's too difficult for you I don't know what to tell you.

Edited by Becker
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Becker said:

I'm sorry but if you're gonna continue making outlandish statements like that do you actually expect to be taken seriously??

Add to that the mind blowing hypocrisy of accusing the Dems of vote rigging when we all know the GOP wrote the book on district gerrymandering then I can only say enjoy your stay in the Twilight Zone.

Outlandish he says, to pure, unadulterated facts. 

And gerrymandering is done by BOTH parties when they win elections. 

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Did Russia tamper/change any votes? Link please because there are none above.  

And where did I say they did?

But only a fool would deny that given the large scale evidence of hacking of election systems that there is no threat.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Thainesss said:

Outlandish he says, to pure, unadulterated facts. 

And gerrymandering is done by BOTH parties when they win elections. 

Again, what up with the sudden fondness for facts? And pure, unadulterated to boot!!

So, if that's the case I'm sure you can link to sources that prove without a doubt that the Democratic Party wants to "import huge swaths of people from south of the border".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Becker said:

Well, a Trump nominated committee looked into that and basically found nothing so that seems not to be a factor. Remember? No? Google is able to help you and if that's too difficult for you I don't know what to tell you.

Trump 'nominated a committee' to look into it, and lefty states REFUSED to comply at all. 

Fact. 

Remember? Google can help you and if thats too difficult for you, I don't know what to tell you. 

36 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Trump 'nominated a committee' to look into it, and lefty states REFUSED to comply at all. 

Fact. 

Remember? Google can help you and if thats too difficult for you, I don't know what to tell you. 

"A Member Of Trump’s Voter Commission Just Said The White House’s Voter Fraud Claims Were "False""

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/dominicholden/a-member-of-trumps-voter-commission-just-said-the-white

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Becker said:

"A Member Of Trump’s Voter Commission Just Said The White House’s Voter Fraud Claims Were "False""

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/dominicholden/a-member-of-trumps-voter-commission-just-said-the-white

Buzzfeed ????

Quoting a Democrat Senator from Trumps 'bipartisan' committee ????

Thanks for proving my whole point. 

2 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Buzzfeed ????

Quoting a Democrat Senator from Trumps 'bipartisan' committee ????

Thanks for proving my whole point. 

I think you should probably look up the meaning of the word "prove".

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/report-trump-commission-did-not-find-widespread-voter-fraud

https://www.propublica.org/article/election-commission-documents-cast-doubt-on-trumps-claims-of-voter-fraud

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/08/inside-trumps-voter-fraud-inquisition/567074/

Now, care to post links that show the opposite is true - that widespread voter fraud did in fact occur?

Didn't think so.

2 minutes ago, Becker said:

I think you should probably look up the meaning of the word "prove".

Explain to me how you can have a commission, and lefty states refuse to comply completely with said commission, and that refusal to comply and lack of required data is somehow then interpreted by liberal people as proof that the commissions findings were false, and that somehow this is evidence that voter fraud doesn't exist. 

Im genuinely baffled as to how you think this lack of data and refusal to comply is somehow evidence of anything other than lefty states having something to hide. 

15 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

And, um, the only people flogging anything are the ones talking about "Muh Popular Vote" which is completely meaningless and not even how the game is played. 

You dont know how many Republican voters sat at home in Cali or New York because they know their vote is meaningless, same as you don't know how many Democrat voters sat at home in Mississippi or Georgia for the same reason. Its comical how you guys hang on that historical footnote like it means anything when thats not even how its all played. 

But, hey, Trump is still your president. Get over it. 

"And, um, the only people flogging anything are the ones talking about "Muh Popular Vote" which is completely meaningless and not even how the game is played."

Tell that to trump. He, apparently, disagrees with you. Just like how he still smarts from the pitifully small crow present at the inauguration.

Not how the game is played??

"You dont know how many Republican voters sat at home in Cali or New York because they know their vote is meaningless, same as you don't know how many Democrat voters sat at home in Mississippi or Georgia for the same reason. Its comical how you guys hang on that historical footnote like it means anything when thats not even how its all played."

You're all over the place now. Better take a nap.

Not at all how the game is played?? What game?

"But, hey, Trump is still your president. Get over it."

Thanks, I'm trying. But the fact that a large enough minority picked that traitor as President is something I can neither forget nor forgive. And neither will he let me with his continuous stream of inane blather and lies.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Becker said:

But the fact that a large enough minority picked that traitor as President is something I can neither forget nor forgive. And neither will he let me with his continuous stream of inane blather and lies.

Good to know you can not 'forgive' anyone who voted a different way than you did. 

Now lets get to work and pass resolutions for voter ID laws and combatting other nations meddling in our elections. We can call it "The Sanctity of the Vote". We can make ID cards free, and make any assistance in doing so fully funded by the government. We can do it over a period of time, say 5 years. 

Not sure how we can battle other countries meddling without restricting citizens rights online though. 

2 hours ago, Thainesss said:

You seem to have failed to mention or recognize that more than half of the U.S. states already have state-based voter ID laws.... 

In addition to the federal voting ID law that already exists:

At the federal level, the Help America Vote Act of 2002 requires voter ID for all new voters in federal elections who registered by mail and who did not provide a driver's license number or the last four digits of a Social Security number that was matched against government records.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voter_ID_laws_in_the_United_States

Perhaps we now need a Russia anti-election tampering law, although Republicans wouldn't support it and even if they did, Trump most likely would veto it.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You seem to have failed to mention or recognize that more than half of the U.S. states already have state-based voter ID laws.... 

And this helps your position, how? 

Which states do not require an ID to vote? Ill bet you $10,000 that they would be the same states that completely refused to comply with the voting commission. Funny that. 

49 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

In addition to the federal voting ID law that already exists:

That references mail-in registrations, and nothing about walking up to a polling place & voting, completely avoiding all the loopholes. 

50 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Perhaps we now need a Russia anti-election tampering law, although Republicans wouldn't support it and even if they did, Trump most likely would veto it.

As long as it doesn't negatively effect the rights of citizens or have any poison pill lines that make it partisan, and its geared towards every country, not just Russia, then cool no problem. Throw in Federal ID laws with free implementation and government assistance for anyone that needs it to get an ID and I think it would be a fantastic law that should get bipartisan support. 

Lets get the vote and ensure its sanctity, permanently. 

On 7/24/2019 at 8:20 AM, Morch said:

The "reasoning" of the views above seems to be that if the USA does something of the sort abroad, it ought to let others do so within its borders. Posters will note that this is the FBI comment, meaning dealing with things within the USA, rather than USA actions abroad.

I grow SO damned weary of the "They did it so why can't we?" defense. Interfering is wrong, regardless of the perpetrator. Something even more disturbing is how Russia worked so hard to get Trump elected. They don't put in that much effort without expecting a return on their investment which they are getting now.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, quandow said:

I grow SO damned weary of the "They did it so why can't we?" defense. Interfering is wrong, regardless of the perpetrator. Something even more disturbing is how Russia worked so hard to get Trump elected. They don't put in that much effort without expecting a return on their investment which they are getting now.

"getting" what?  Trump has been harder on Russia than Obama ever was. Can't you see this is all a red herring? (forgive the pun), 450 pages and no collusion just secondary fraud charges? 

It is up to each country to defend and protect its democracy not whine over 'attempts' as rightly outlined by POTUS Obama - watch from beginning to end.

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

"getting" what?  Trump has been harder on Russia than Obama ever was. Can't you see this is all a red herring? (forgive the pun), 450 pages and no collusion just secondary fraud charges? 

It's all too obvious you didn't read the Mueller report. The buzz word "collusion" is the red herring. Yes, there was no "collusion," but if you took the trouble to read the 450 pages, you WOULD see concerted efforts by the Trump campaign coordinating with Russians, planning with Russians, exchanging critical information back and forth with Russians to get Trump elected. Perhaps not technically illegal but it should scare the HELL out of everyone how much effort the Russians put in to get him elected. Oh, BTW, they're still doing it.

Try it, the report will open your eyes:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5955118-The-Mueller-Report.html

Edited by quandow
formatting
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, quandow said:

It's all too obvious you didn't read the Mueller report. The buzz word "collusion" is the red herring. Yes, there was no "collusion," but if you took the trouble to read the 450 pages, you WOULD see concerted efforts by the Trump campaign coordinating with Russians, planning with Russians, exchanging critical information back and forth with Russians to get Trump elected. Perhaps not technically illegal but it should scare the HELL out of everyone how much effort the Russians put in to get him elected. Oh, BTW, they're still doing it.

Try it, the report will open your eyes:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5955118-The-Mueller-Report.html

zzzzz, Russia Russia, how how did help Trump benefit them?  sanctions still in place, more added....?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, harriott456 said:

zzzzz, Russia Russia, how how did help Trump benefit them?  sanctions still in place, more added....?

The U.S. has increased sanctions against Russian individuals, but the rest is lip service.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2018/09/25/on-the-record-the-u-s-administrations-actions-on-russia/

Until you read the report (which sadly most people won't) you don't know what you're talking about. Your uncaring attitude about Russian meddling aids the enemy.

• Thanks 1