Question for those who use an agent for 12 month extension.

3 minutes ago, Gilltom said:

So does the agent leave the money in the bank each year fir everyone.if not treading a fine line .is this not illegal if u don.t have the money 

If somebody else puts money into your account just for a day so you can obtain a visa extension? Well, you figure it out.

On 7/24/2019 at 1:20 PM, giddyup said:

Doesn't answer my question as to how an agent overcomes the 90 day updated bank book, and of course the 800K is supposed to be in the bank 3 months prior to the extension, how do they show that?

I consulted an agent and she told me that if they require me to show funds after 90 days that they would re-deposit the money and go with me to Immigration for a fee of 300 baht.  Her fee up front was 18 thousand baht.  I ended up using another agent but that was what this particular agent told me. Agents obviously have some sort of agreement with IO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Doesn't answer my question as to how an agent overcomes the 90 day updated bank book, and of course the 800K is supposed to be in the bank 3 months prior to the extension, how do they show that?

By being as bent as a corkscrew, as is the IO, who accepts the fraud. 

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

Hence the new sessions on washing money, possibly they're going to look at these 'funds' going in and out of peoples accounts so they can track the agents money movements - I'm assuming not many pays taxes on their lucrative businesses.

You can be pretty sure that they ain't going to kill the golden goose.

• Haha 1

On 7/24/2019 at 2:46 PM, BritManToo said:

Immigration agree with the agent to waive any financial checks on you for that year.

Head of Immigration at each branch has the right to waive any/all extension conditions.

It's perfectly legal.

You call that legal? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Your the freeloader because you dont pay agent money....Immigration dont like freeloaders....I bet right now they are cooking up new ways to get you uppity 800,000 baht deadbeats to show some respect to the man, by paying your fair share of agent money.... 

No problem ,  raise it from 800K - 1.5 million bht.

That would raise the post, for the right quality  type of farlang/alien...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

It never ceases to amaze me that many TVF posters look at Thai legalities in a very Western way. They toss around terms like "corruption" and "bribery", when this is the way things have always been done here and in many other countries. The western mode of legal thinking is only activated when the authorities want to use it for utilitarian reasons. The fact that Immigration has its own internal "agency" shows that whether or not it is technically "legal" or not is not something that a farang needs to consider. I did it the Thai way and got my extension of stay. When I picked up my passport, they had the perfect opportunity to prosecute me, and of course that didn't happen. The current government of Thailand certainly did not follow any western procedure in assuming power. Why should any other function be different?

Correct KhunFred ,  if it works , dont alter it ..

Edited by elliss
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

It never ceases to amaze me that many TVF posters look at Thai legalities in a very Western way. They toss around terms like "corruption" and "bribery", when this is the way things have always been done here and in many other countries. The western mode of legal thinking is only activated when the authorities want to use it for utilitarian reasons. The fact that Immigration has its own internal "agency" shows that whether or not it is technically "legal" or not is not something that a farang needs to consider. I did it the Thai way and got my extension of stay. When I picked up my passport, they had the perfect opportunity to prosecute me, and of course that didn't happen. The current government of Thailand certainly did not follow any western procedure in assuming power. Why should any other function be different?

As I've mentioned several times, I don't give a rodents rectum if people use an agent to obtain an extension, my beef is why, and to what purpose, is immigration making it more and more difficult for those who are using the "normal" way of obtaining an extension? To turn a blind eye to those who are not complying with the rules, because there's graft involved, yet add another layer of frustration and inconvenience to those that are, is just perverse.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 7:20 AM, giddyup said:

The Agent is working with the IO . 

On 7/24/2019 at 2:11 PM, from the home of CC said:

imo this will end in tears for many and will probably set a record for responses on tvf when the first one gets deported and posts...

Good luck to all, other than the 'Just get the proper visa' types who may themselves not be complying with the law in its most exact and literal terms. May it be you who meets a sad end, too.

Edited by baboon
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KhunFred said:

I consulted an agent and she told me that if they require me to show funds after 90 days that they would re-deposit the money and go with me to Immigration for a fee of 300 baht.  Her fee up front was 18 thousand baht.  I ended up using another agent but that was what this particular agent told me. Agents obviously have some sort of agreement with IO.

Correct ,  mine is ex immi retired , early...

Many agents advertise their services on farang oriented sites .

Search and you will find , quality is the key ,  nuff said..

Edited by elliss

7 hours ago, bigginhill said:

You perhaps don,t realise when you are fortunate.

Fortunate in the sense that problems in life have come one at a time. 

It is just a question of timing. 

You lose your job but have your health, therefore you get back on track.

You become seriously ill but are employed or have savings. 

One hurdle is possible to jump. 

But when the hurdles, for mere fate, stack themselves, no-where to land and re-coup, then it is really easy to go under. 

Too easy to judge

Naturally there are hurdles in life, so if we can we jump them, we will.

Born into a poor family,  worked hard, studied later in life, saved and invested, hurdles jumped.

Divorce, property split and child support paid for 16 years, hurdle jumped

Heart attack on a Friday night, hospitalised and stent put in same night, released late afternoon on the Monday which was a public holiday, back to work Tuesday, hurdle jumped

I can appreciate that there are hurdles in life that affect how people can or cannot save for later years in life, however I was talking more so about the everyday guys who sit on their rears drinking at the local washing away their only fall back position in life as the $, Pound, Euro goes south, with no further savings or to at least have 800,000 baht in the bank for their extension, and need to pay the corrupt Thai agents/immigration officers to be able to stay here, while they laugh at us, after all we are in the LOS aren't we.

I've seen guys lose everything here from wearing their hearts on their sleeves and opening up their bank accounts to their Tiruks, later finding out she had a Thai husband, borrowed money against the house etc etc who would also excluded from the above, hurdles like that you can't jump when your at retirement age, so as I said, my comment was meant for the others, you know who I mean.  

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 1:20 PM, giddyup said:

Just a small brown envelope under the table works every time  See problem solved.

12 minutes ago, a977 said:

Just a small brown envelope under the table works every time  See problem solved.

See problem (ILLEGALLY) solved.

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

According to a survey, most Americans don't have $500 they could pay in an emergency.

Why you (or anyone else) would think we all have a spare $25,000 to park in a Thai bank is beyond me.

The average American household has $175,510 in savings as of June 2018.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/27/heres-how-much-money-americans-have-in-savings-at-every-income-level.html

Edited by marcusarelus

3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

The average American household has $175,510 in savings as of June 2018

Is that immediately accessible savings that they can use/spend as and when required???

If they all have that much why do they need to use agents to obtain extensions using illegal financial documents?

Edited by sumrit

21 hours ago, giddyup said:

Really, if you'd bothered to actually read the posts you'd see I have no axe to grind with the people who use agents, but with immigration's hypocrisy. 

Just like so many posters, your real problem is because you are reasonably well off, you have it in for those who can't afford the money in the bank.

I can afford it, but I am not having anyone tell me how much I should have in my Thai bank account, besides Thailand is not stable enough for me to trust them with my life savings, so they will stay in my UK bank.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Thai immigration has turned the screws on everyone, rich and not so rich. Not so long ago, for anyone who came to Thailand, maybe for the ladies, maybe for a holiday, and then decide they want to stay.

They look in to everything, speak with expats etc, like what they see, find a Thai partner, some with kids, buy a house etc, maybe take them out of poverty.

Eventually the rules all change, they cannot afford the money in the bank, so in your eyes, they should leave their partner, and also the house they bought. then just buzz off back to their own country.

What are you on about? I have said several times I couldn't care less if people use agents, my complaint is with immigration tightening the screws on those who are doing the right thing. Never mentioned anything about people buzzing off back home, so stick to what I've said, not your interpretation.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1