Application for thaievisa.......

I just want to advise applicants for a thaievisa online to write down their reference number as soon as it appears top right as they proceed throught their application. This is because I did not then nearing the end of the application it suddenly closed with 'error' or something similar referring me to 'Home'; the home page. This is what happens every time u enter something wrong or do not provide all info. required, and typically Thai u are not informed why but have to work out the reason yourself and put it right! Also once given a reference for your application u would think it would be confirmed by email, but not in the irrational, inefficent, and couldnt give a **** thoughtless Thai Universe!!! So when I returned to the home page I had to start all over again as my reference had disappeared so I couldnt enter it and continue where I had left off. I tried entering my passport number but that did not work either. Exasperated, I havent re-applied yet as I dont return to Thailand until October for 6 months. Being retired, instead of applying for a Tourist visa, I was applying for a single entry  non-O based retirement visa which would give me 90 days before having to do a border run for a 60 day tourist visa. This would be cheaper and less hassle than extending a 1st 60 day Tourist visa and extending it. On the London Embassy website it doesnt ask for any financial proof for the 90 day retirement visa, but online it asks u to upload financial proof! I phoned to ask but no reply as usual! So does anyone know please, what the financial proof is that they dont ask for but u r expected to upload!?

Edited by SunsetT

The embassy website states this.
"Non-Immigrant Type O (Retirement (pensioner aged 50 or above with a state pension who wants to stay in Thailand for no longer than 90 days) - single entry only)

Financial evidence e.g. A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000"

Source: http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#6

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BuckBee said:

this online visa setup is absolute top effort in incompetence .

without detailed examples of suitable supporting docs is problematic and then the system bugs on top and no useful support line makes it mostly useless .

Going be lot of people who simply give up and go somewhere else as at least the old way you got into thailand easy enough before realising it was bad choice ???? .

tourist and retiree numbers be taking big hits between this and immigration mess of rules if ever do get a visa issued ????????

The systems 'bugs' because you use the wrong browser Try Edge or IE.

I've spent hours on it using different permutations of Nationality and residency status completing right up to attaching documents. It's a very smart system when you play around with it.

45 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The embassy website states this.
"Non-Immigrant Type O (Retirement (pensioner aged 50 or above with a state pension who wants to stay in Thailand for no longer than 90 days) - single entry only)

Financial evidence e.g. A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000"

Source: http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#6

Yes thanks Joe, it says one or the other but the evisa application asks for both.

37 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I've spent hours on it using different permutations of Nationality and residency status completing right up to attaching documents. It's a very smart system when you play around with it.

the problems are more than just browser compatibility .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SunsetT said:

Yes thanks Joe, it says one or the other but the evisa application asks for both.

Can you upload a statement showing your pension payment going into your bank? I think that should satisfy the system.

38 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Hardly anyone uses IE anymore and Ive never heard of Edge! It does work in Firefox. But the public just want to get their visa. They dont want to have to spend hours playing around with it to discover how it works!! It should be straightforward and user friendly with help and info. buttons to enable us dumbarses to discover and appreciate out how really smart it is....ha f***in ha!

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Can you upload a statement showing your pension payment going into your bank? I think that should satisfy the system.

Yes I can, but if its not what they want, the application may be rejected with "error" return to "Home"! (like Snakes and f****n  Ladders) without explanation or telling u to refer to a website requirement which is not there! Dont worry thanks, I will find out somehow by phoning the more helpful Cardiff, or another, Consulate or try phoning London again. Or maybe someone who has applied and got it can say what they did for this upload requirement. I really just wanted to warn people to write down their application reference down before it disappears. My application may actually have simply been rejected because I already have a valid O-A visa which doesnt expire until mid August. I cannot return before then. I just wanted to see how the process worked and save the application for later.

Edited by SunsetT

3 hours ago, SunsetT said:

Yes I can, but if its not what they want, the application may be rejected with "error" return to "Home"! (like Snakes and f****n  Ladders) without explanation or telling u to refer to a website requirement which is not there!

Press 'save' after completing each section.

If an error occurs it throws you back to 'Home' because you didn't select 'save' option.

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Press 'save' after completing each section.

If an error occurs it throws you back to 'Home' because you didn't select 'save' option.

Thanks but I did because I did not want to complete it  anyway! But If I recall  correctly you must click 'save' to continue anyway.