Fan repair in Jomtien

YorkshireTyke

Hi all, I'm living in a rented one bed condo in Jomtien and the owner has a powerful Mamaru fan which I use daytime in the living room and balcony which mainly negates the use of A/C during the day. The fan has stopped working so I was wondering if there's a repair place in Jomtien as having it repaired may be cheaper than using the A/C. I have told the agent it's stopped working but they haven't got back to me.

• Confused 1

Places that do repairs are getting hard to find now..there used to be a few places in the sois around Tukcom

but in a lot of cases its not economically viable to repair them.

One thing to try is unplug the electricity and take the front cage off then  spin the fan blade by hand does it spin freely ? if yes

then turn plug back into the electricity switch on as you would normally and ( carefully )..spin the blade by hand clockwise if it spins and carries on spinning ( maybe slowly)  then its the capacitor that needs replacing, that is a cheap easy fix.

if it doesn't spin at all  then more than likely the motor windings are burnt out and its time to buy a new fan  or the bearings are seized which sometimes can be oiled which restores operation for a while.

• Like 2