The end of the official "under consideration period" with no decision yet

Hello,

I've got a question. Currently, I'm under consideration period (based on the marriage extension), which is going to end tomorrow, on July 26th. My wife has contacted the immigration office which is taking care of the case, but they told us that there's still no information from the Bangkok office about the decision.

In case there won't be a final decision tomorrow, is it possible for them to prolonge under consideration period or put a special stamp that will prove and show that my case is still under consideration?

I found a topic here that sometimes the process can take up to 40-45 days. So in case I don't get a stamp or anything like that to prove that my case is still under consideration, my passport will look like I don't have a valid permit to stay, like I overstayed after July 26th and in case someone will need to check my documents, I might get in trouble.

Do you have any information about it or anything that I can do in this case?

Thank you!

Don't fret. It happened to me last year. It came in 6 days late, but our local office was not concerned at all. Just report back on the day you're supposed to and leave up to the IO.

Good luck.

4 minutes ago, NotEinstein said:

Tomorrow they will extend your visa for another month.

Not correct and very outdated info.

They will only do one under consideration stamp now. The under consideration period is not an extension.

1 minute ago, NotEinstein said:

OK, so how do they now manage an under consideration end date stamped in a passport that implies end of visa to reflect the situation?

As I wrote before the under considerat stamp allows a person to stay in the country until the application is approved.

The report back date is just that it does not end the under consideration period.

I just return on the day they stamped the 30 day under consideration to come back.

Hand in my passport and receipt at the desk.

Imm then do whatever and after about one hour later they return my passport with the visa extension stamp.

Never called in advance to inquire if it was ready.

Edited by userabcd

41 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The under consideration stamp allows you to stay in the country until your application is approved. 

The report back date is not the end of the under consideration period.

But does like normal police know that I'm actually allowed to stay until my case is still under consideration? Because yesterday I was driving close to the place I live and the road was closed. The police were checking documents and instead of asking for my driving license, they were checking my visa right away. Do they know about "under consideration" policy and will I have any problems with them in case they want to check my document after the official 30 days deadline?

9 minutes ago, Fishermann said:

But does like normal police know that I'm actually allowed to stay until my case is still under consideration? Because yesterday I was driving close to the place I live and the road was closed. The police were checking documents and instead of asking for my driving license, they were checking my visa right away. Do they know about "under consideration" policy and will I have any problems with them in case they want to check my document after the official 30 days deadline?

Your under consideration until Immigration approve or disapprove your application.

There is end date.