U.S. Justice Department resumes use of death penalty, schedules five executions

webfact

There were times where death penalty was just that, death, and soon, somehow over the years the meaning was watered down considerably and appeals and re appeals have been dragging for years and sometimes decades so much so it become a drag bothe on the the system and on the convicvicted, if there is a death penalty on the books, use it as human and as quick as possible, otherwise, take it off the punishment books  complitly...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Sujo said:

With something so final you would like to be sure all legal avenues are used before the state kills someone. Making it done faster will most likely have more mistakes, irreversable mistakes.

There has been too many people found to be wrongly convicted after years or decades in jail to think some should be put to death quickly.

Amen brother I’m for the death penalty in some instances but ample time must be allowed to be 1010%sure the person is guilty if that takes time so be it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

a strategy to help combat the opioid crisis.

didn't I read before that the root of this opioid crisis were prescription medicines, and that subsequently habitual users and victims of addiction were left with to little or no medication ?
Please correct me if I a wrong !!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sujo said:

Not much good to be later found innocent if they are dead. I would rather they all do life in jail than have 1 person wrongly put to death.

I agree.  Does America really want to become as primitive and barbaric as Japan and Singapore? 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

U.S. Justice Department resumes use of death penalty, schedules five executions

Reading the headline, I thought for about 10 seconds that america finally would execute trumpy and 4 more idiots ????  Huge disappointment, just 5 'normal' criminals...