Big Oud: I'm promoting tourism and friendly relations - and my address reporting app is easy!

webfact

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, sn1per said:

"Keeping tabs on foreigners in Thailand was important for national security and combating international crime, he observed. "

Does this app have a GPS tracker in it?

If you have your location on it can. Technically, even with it off it can but the Thai are inept so at best they will use the easiest way possible.

Most apps know your location. 

This is what needs to happen: first, fix the constitution and get somebody like Thanathorn, foreign friendly, at the helm. Remove section 37 and 38 of the immigration act. Remove the work permit and taxes requirement from PR from humanitarian and investment categories. Process the PRs in less than four weeks. Take BOI rules for companies and apply them to all companies in Thailand. Revamp all IT systems to connect them with each other and stop the A4 copy roulette. Streamline and automate as much of the govenrment as possible.

Probability of any of it happening: less than zero.

" ... Keeping tabs on foreigners in Thailand was important for national security and combating international crime, he observed. "

This simple phrase can justify any diabolical law in any country.

You cannot just argue aganist it.

1 hour ago, sn1per said:

"Keeping tabs on foreigners in Thailand was important for national security and combating international crime, he observed. "

Does this app have a GPS tracker in it?

I know you was joking but I will be honest - I would not mind that, over the interminable, corruption enabling, confusing, idiotic and unnecessary paper pushing.

I just want to live my life without tripping over a potential paper trap. 

The next major event in my retired life will probably be death, I don't want paper and fear to fill the interim.

"....and praised Thai immigration's reporting app as easy and quick to use."

Not if it takes weeks, if at all, to receive the login details.

Wifey applied 10 weeks ago, still nothing.

We were waiting for weeks for a username/password too after registering early May. Gave up and went to CW last month. Lady responsible said she had stopped emailing usernames/passwords out since those who had applied start of May but did issue us one there and then. I don’t know if she meant she was still clearing the backlog from before May and then slowly working through all registrations or if she had completely stopped emailing out usernames/passwords full stop. This was CW Bangkok and it seems from reports here some other provinces can get them quicker.

2 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Can he explain to me, in a manner that is logical, the purpose of 90 day reporting for people who have been here for YEARS, retired, married with families?

because people keep moving, I was in a nightclub until 6am - I filled in a TM30 twice, once on my arrival at the nightclub and then when I moved back into my residence at 7am

????

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

"Yeah, I just got out of the joint. Extortion, murder and child rape.  Where can I file my TM30 form?"

I hope prison officials filed a TM30 if you were there longer than 24hrs

1 hour ago, SpaceKadet said:

" ... Keeping tabs on foreigners in Thailand was important for national security and combating international crime, he observed. "

This simple phrase can justify any diabolical law in any country.

You cannot just argue aganist it.

Well you could start by asking how foreigners threaten national security... And then follow up by asking if TAT also a threat to national security as well as they are actively and constantly encouraging foreigners to come here. TAT are clearly complicit in the threat. 

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

This is what needs to happen: first, fix the constitution and get somebody like Thanathorn, foreign friendly, at the helm. Remove section 37 and 38 of the immigration act. Remove the work permit and taxes requirement from PR from humanitarian and investment categories. Process the PRs in less than four weeks. Take BOI rules for companies and apply them to all companies in Thailand. Revamp all IT systems to connect them with each other and stop the A4 copy roulette. Streamline and automate as much of the govenrment as possible.

Probability of any of it happening: less than zero.

That would mean at least 10,000 less people wearing crappy brown uniforms; all who are someones Auntie, Uncle, Brother, Cousin, Dog Sitter or Pal of the Bloke who lives down the street, so it ain't gonna happen !

13 minutes ago, brucegoniners said:

So he's "promoting tourism and friendly relations" by tracking foreigners?

Makes sense to me, lol

It helps in notifying the next of kin when a boat sinks or a bus crashes. It's a very compassionate and thoughtful gesture.

3 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Can he explain to me, in a manner that is logical, the purpose of 90 day reporting for people who have been here for YEARS, retired, married with families?

One reason would be that they get a communication with people to see that they are still alive. All do not have families, and things in life can change. There the 90 day report fills a purpose.

But, the app is definately not working.

14 minutes ago, brucegoniners said:

So he's "promoting tourism and friendly relations" by tracking foreigners?

Makes sense to me, lol

I think he means the friendly relations of foreigners not with the foreigners staying or coming here!

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

In Thailand quick and easy means wasting one day at some crappy government building with malfunctioning AC.

That`s what I always say. Thai people don`t value time at all! Make that app work and everyone will be happy to contribute. 

And for gods sake they should stop criminalizing all farang living here. Even if there are a few black sheep, they should rather look for those ten-thousands of selfish Thais not paying taxes. Maybe their shitty, third-world pension-system with 800THB/month would finally change then.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

He stressed that visitors to Thailand were very important and a priority for him and he asked for the cooperation of hoteliers and people offering accommodation to foreigners to understand about foreigners' welfare and the law. 

And yet Thailand's neighbors do not have these silly laws.  Thailand needs them because it is special. 

3 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

He didn't make the laws, his job is to enforce them. Place the blame where it is due, on the pathetically incompetent Thai government.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Keeping tabs on foreigners in Thailand was important for national security and combating international crime, he observed.

I would be interested in a comparison of amount and type of crime perpetrated by foreigners and the police themselves.

9 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

And yet Thailand's neighbors do not have these silly laws.  Thailand needs them because it is special. 

55555 ! - we can define "special" many different ways! - Yep - the Thai ruling junta is "special"! - LOL !

2 hours ago, dcnx said:

If you have your location on it can. Technically, even with it off it can but the Thai are inept so at best they will use the easiest way possible.

Most apps know your location. 

Apps? - yes.  Use your phone for calls only.  Turn it off when you don't need to use it. Your computer? - get yourself a VPN - virtual private network.  For those who don't know what that is - Google IVACY a very easy one to understand and use.

1 hour ago, guru said:

We were waiting for weeks for a username/password too after registering early May. Gave up and went to CW last month. Lady responsible said she had stopped emailing usernames/passwords out since those who had applied start of May but did issue us one there and then. I don’t know if she meant she was still clearing the backlog from before May and then slowly working through all registrations or if she had completely stopped emailing out usernames/passwords full stop. This was CW Bangkok and it seems from reports here some other provinces can get them quicker.

Classic and normal activity.  The guvmint makes the rules, department heads fail in disseminating the nuts and bolts and the front-line troops are left to battle on - using the typical Thai face-saving procedures by making things up.  The result is chaos.  You can get a different answer from everybody anywhere in a guvmint office.  You only have to look at the confusion in Thaivisa's many posts about Immigration.  for every question there is a multitude of different answers!

3 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

All foreigners are extremely welcome here we are just having a seminar of how to throw you out quick when your money runs out????

Why should any country support an alien who has in your words; “...  money runs out.”?

Archived