Big Oud: I'm promoting tourism and friendly relations - and my address reporting app is easy!

webfact

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, webfact said:

Keeping tabs on foreigners in Thailand was important for national security and combating international crime, he observed. 

You mean like the foreigners shutting off the supply of water to the Mekong river?Is that the type of threat to national security he is talking about?Or the the threat to national security of foreigners going about their daily business spending money to help support his country?

3 minutes ago, BEngBKK said:

Don't be so hard on these Thais working hard.. they can no longer receive bribes, service fees etc... so they have nothing left...

Really? - Not where I live! - Corruption and price disparity is alive and well!  So much so I get my Thai wife to handle all financial negotiations.  I just part with the money at the last moment.

4 hours ago, edwinchester said:

"....and praised Thai immigration's reporting app as easy and quick to use."

Not if it takes weeks, if at all, to receive the login details.

Wifey applied 10 weeks ago, still nothing.

Did this yesterday within 3 hours i had the login details

3 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Somewhere they must be a huge building with everything filed ! To me it seems mad to keep such a law - what's the point ? by the time it could be useful tourist has moved on !

You never know,one of those tourist might be stupid enough to come back thus creating a threat to national security then they can refer to those records to cross check to make sure he complied with the Thai law in regards to national security because as you now Thailand has many enemies and is a vital cog in the wheel of global security without whom the world may very well cease to exist.

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

You mean like the foreigners shutting off the supply of water to the Mekong river?Is that the type of threat to national security he is talking about?Or the the threat to national security of foreigners going about their daily business spending money to help support his country?

Or owning illegal boat-building yards in Phuket, building substandard boats, running tourist companies and drowning tourists? - - - These sort of "foreigners"?

10 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Somewhere they must be a huge building with everything filed ! To me it seems mad to keep such a law - what's the point ? by the time it could be useful tourist has moved on !

If you get caught with your hand in the cookie jar then that is where the inactive posts are located.

1 minute ago, Lenny Jones said:

Or owning illegal boat-building yards in Phuket, building substandard boats, running tourist companies and drowning tourists? - - - These sort of "foreigners"?

Yes precisely those sorts of foreigners,wait they're not foreigners,sorry about that folks you may continue as you were. 

2 minutes ago, aqua4 said:

Since when does Thailand support any foreigners?

Errmmmm - all those working illegally on low pay for Thai bosses?  We don't see too much "tidying-up" there (the fishing industry?)  isn't that "supporting" foreigners?

Im sure he is sincere in his beliefs but fact is it hobbles rather than helps the key tourist objectives.

And in all seriousness, this would not pick up any real threats to security. No country with genuine worries employs self-declaration as a means to identify foreigners who may be a danger.

More likely it is a prelude to taxation.

5 minutes ago, Henricus said:

Hi Henricus, did you find the App in the App store, if so what search terms did you use?

Thailand on its own must be using a complete rain forest of paper each year just on immigration forms and photocopying do they not understand the meaning of climate change the more trees you chop down the more pollution ????????????????

2 minutes ago, MartinKal said:

Im sure he is sincere in his beliefs but fact is it hobbles rather than helps the key tourist objectives.

And in all seriousness, this would not pick up any real threats to security. No country with genuine worries employs self-declaration as a means to identify foreigners who may be a danger.

More likely it is a prelude to taxation.

Maybe the poor bloke has a job to do - What the "Magnificent Seven" tell him to do - or he might finish up at the desk next to Big Joke - - - - -

43 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

One reason would be that they get a communication with people to see that they are still alive. All do not have families, and things in life can change. There the 90 day report fills a purpose.

I do not have a Thai family and I am still alive.  If I die and my corpse lies around for up to 90 days, I expect my landlord or my neighbours will suspect that they ought to contact someone.  On the other hand, if I do not die, I will disappoint everyone at Immi by doing a 90 day report.  The truth is that those of us who slavishly try to follow every rule and variation of the rules are hit by maximum inconvenience while those with a suitably criminal mind will always find a workaround or simply not bother.  That's why they stay here for years of overstay with no inconvenience at all.

26 minutes ago, MartinKal said:

Well I'm bloody sure he is sincere in his belief that foreigners are a problem that Thailand could do without and if he keeps carrying on like a pork chop that is exactly what will happen.

I never really understued how this government and officials think.

Nobody want to work for them for free just give us fines if we don't work for free. 

If they want this job done they must pay for it why should hard working thais use there time on their job and they get paid for it. 

Something all wrong they must find out to do their job themselves

he talks like he is clever so it's about time to show it 

2 minutes ago, reargunnerph3 said:

Won't be long before all farangs are microchipped on arrival. 

We came close.  there was the suggestion of tracking bracelets not long ago.  Then somebody with half a brain figured out the logistics!

I’m trying to discover a pattern so may I ask whether you live in Bangkok or another province? If it’s Bangkok then yours is a huge success story because some people have been waiting weeks and weeks. If you live outside Bangkok then a rapid response is similar to other reports I have read.

5 minutes ago, losername said:

I do not have a Thai family and I am still alive.  If I die and my corpse lies around for up to 90 days, I expect my landlord or my neighbours will suspect that they ought to contact someone.  On the other hand, if I do not die, I will disappoint everyone at Immi by doing a 90 day report.  The truth is that those of us who slavishly try to follow every rule and variation of the rules are hit by maximum inconvenience while those with a suitably criminal mind will always find a workaround or simply not bother.  That's why they stay here for years of overstay with no inconvenience at all.

You don't need 90-day reporting to find out you're dead! - not in this tropical climate!

7 minutes ago, losername said:

Of course. That´s one way to look at it. 

Archived