International day trip -- is a new TM30 required if returning to existing visa and lease/address?

1 hour ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

As I mentioned before. When I tried to report within 24 hours at Jomtien IO I was told not to bother and come back in 90 days. I returned to the same accommodation on the same extension based on retirement visa. The contradictions arise possibly from, Types of Visa and different immigration offices.

That is because Jomtien is not interested in or enforcing tm30, as per many posts. Depends on your imm office. CW is along with many other imm offices.

I asked Pattaya Immigration this question. They stated that when I lived in my own house, which is no longer the case, I didn't have to file a TM30 after returning from overseas. Now I am renting a condo if my landlord is filing a TM30 on my behalf I also don't have to report myself. However if I go abroad I should tell my landlord that I am going abroad as he is reporting my presence daily to Immigration. 

Immigration has an android app that allows you to report yourself without going to Immigration. For safety I will use when I return from abroad. 

9 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

I asked Pattaya Immigration this question. They stated that when I lived in my own house, which is no longer the case, I didn't have to file a TM30 after returning from overseas. Now I am renting a condo if my landlord is filing a TM30 on my behalf I also don't have to report myself.

I don't think it matters whether you own or renting your residence. Jomtien has told the same thing to those renting there residence.

I report to Udon Thani and have never been asked to complete a TM 30. I'm on a retirement extension and have lived in the same home with my wife for 8 years (Chanote and Blue Book in her name, but I paid for it), and I have a Yellow Book for the same address. Therefore, am I required to complete a TM30 if, for example, I took a 3 day holiday in Vietnam and returned home. Normally, I would just show up for my 90 day report at the previously scheduled time even though I could reset that date from the time I reentered Thailand. This is getting very confusing and I don't want to start filing forms if they are not required. If one enters the Immigration Office in Udon and appears ignorant of the rules, they are open game for extortion.

33 minutes ago, fittobethaied said:

Therefore, am I required to complete a TM30 if, for example, I took a 3 day holiday in Vietnam and returned home.

As was pointed out to the o/p since you have a new TM6 number that is needed on a TM30, a new TM30 is also needed.

21 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

As was pointed out to the o/p since you have a new TM6 number that is needed on a TM30, a new TM30 is also needed.

It depends upon the office a person goes to do something.

No rule exists that states a new TM6 means a report has to be done.

18 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

As I mentioned before. When I tried to report within 24 hours at Jomtien IO I was told not to bother and come back in 90 days. I returned to the same accommodation on the same extension based on retirement visa. The contradictions arise possibly from, Types of Visa and different immigration offices.

I just did a 90day report on the date orginally given me 90 days ago   BUT I had been out of Thailand between 4th and 12th July...as evidenced by the TM6 card which accompanied my passport and TM47 paper. Did NOT do a TM30 on my return (own house) on 12th....or anytime since(Or before )

IO didn't say a word just printed me off a new 90day report date.

No questions from her.

I don't ask questions and they don't ask.

I don't want to start the TM30 thing and upset the current smooth running.

Think that they are just one of the officers who simply ignore this "requirement".

If you leave the country activating departure and arrival stamps and your re-entry permit, you must file a TM-30 within 24 hours of your arrival... 

that is the whole purpose of this process that you were away from your primary Thai residence and you returned to it at some future date...

domestic travel is a different matter...if a hotel or another place reports you as staying there to the immigration system, then that act requires you to report w/in 24 hours. It has reported you as staying away from your primary residence even if only one night....you were away period.

if a hotel doesn’t report you, then immigration has no way of knowing you were away from your residence. you can get away with it even though technically you were in violation of the regulation....immigration won’t know that you were missing so to speak...you were undercover w/o being discovered....

to the Vietnam traveler, you are in violation of the regulation. You should report. If the Imm office takes no action meaning recognition of you reporting, then that is up to the office....next time you go into Imm office they could fine you 1600b b/c you don’t have the TM 30 receipt in your passport...be in control of your own situation or you are at the mercy of Imm office....

Edited by cardinalblue

1 hour ago, orchidfan said:

I just did a 90day report on the date orginally given me 90 days ago   BUT I had been out of Thailand between 4th and 12th July...as evidenced by the TM6 card which accompanied my passport and TM47 paper. Did NOT do a TM30 on my return (own house) on 12th....or anytime since(Or before )

IO didn't say a word just printed me off a new 90day report date.

No questions from her.

I don't ask questions and they don't ask.

I don't want to start the TM30 thing and upset the current smooth running.

Think that they are just one of the officers who simply ignore this "requirement".

Utterly  useless info without mentioning the immigration office. People keep saying that it depends on the office and people keep posting useless info that has no relevancy. 

7 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

Immigration has an android app that allows you to report yourself without going to Immigration. For safety I will use when I return from abroad. 

Do you have a link for the app? I can't seem to find one or even a mention of such an app.