Why are Thai's so rude to farangs?

As you mention, " there is hardly anyone here", so 700 TB per day is not a huge income . the owners must be in need of cash.

I would not pay for the total lenght of stay in advance, because it would be uneasy to get refund if I leave the place earlier.

in hotels that require advance booking because of a high occupancy rate I usually pay for the coming week ahead - room only - or room + motorbike ( because I generally negociate the package) - extras are paid when checking out.

If you do not like the way you are treated by the staff or the owner, why don't you try elsewhere? 

Edited by Opl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Seems most of the posters on here disagree with you. I do not encounter many Thai people who are rude. I find most to be pleasant, cheerful, and easy to deal with. As long as you are not trying to get a refund, LOL. Sure, this manager you refer to sounds like a bit of a pig. And alot of the immigration officers are cold, and not particularly helpful. Not all. But most. But most Thais are pretty cool, in my opinion. And the further you get away from the congested tourist zones in CM, Pattaya, Phuket and Samui, the nicer people get. Some are just jaded, and sick of working with tourists. 

Whenever I am out in the boonies, or in the smaller towns, I love the people here! 

Well I must agree with you and living out in the sticks then you also get to understand, as I am sure you have already, that the local Thais also get very annoyed at the rudeness shown to them by their own brethren in the major cosmopolitan areas too.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

I have been here for years and never once have I witnessed a Thai being rude to a European, American or Australian...

Are you one of these?   ????

Varies a lot if you ask me, when I take of my pants gogo girls always say: "big!", my wife, she giggles..

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Checking if you will be staying one more night is normal with hotels in the land of smiles. They always call the room's phone line to confirm. Not strange to me. Probably because I don't have the India hotel experience. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

I think there is a difference between being rude and conducting business in a matter of fact way.

Nothing OP describes seems rude to me.

Problem is what is rude to one person may not be rude to the next.

Presuming the OP is from India or Nepal, I found the people there difficult to deal with, even rude sometimes. OP seems to feel the other way.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mngmn said:

Not to mention serving Thais first and even letting them push in front of you.

I had that happen sometimes but nearly as many times the cashier told the Thai to wait and served me first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1