kawasaki W175 - Opinions....

EVENKEEL

1 hour ago, SteveK said:

It's a good price for a good bike, the only issue is Thailand seems to be fairly light on Kawasaki dealers and service centres, Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha are very well catered for, however.

I don't know about the whole of Thailand but In BKK there are currently 5 Kawasaki dealerships.

Note that Kawas are sold by Mobius and Real. NOT by Kawasaki themselves (anymore).

I am talking about big bikes. This W175 is sold by many small local shops too I believe. 

Edited by Nickymaster

18 hours ago, Nickymaster said:

Be ready for people to say it is overpriced, and you can buy this and that which is much better... 

I don't have any experience with this bike but I have a Suzuki VanVan 125 since 2015. People told me I was crazy to spend 105,000 on a 125cc bike. I have done 12,000 happy km's with zero issues.  I just love it. Full of character and a supper comfy seat and riding position. I can't imaging myself riding something else in BKK. Large wheels are perfect in dealing with poor quality roads. 

Only reason I wouldn't buy a bike like a W175 is because of its size. It feels a bit small when I sat on it. And the seat was too narrow.  The VanVan feels like a fairly large bike but it's very light and nimble. Yes it is not fast, but more than fast enough in the city.

btw, I loooove air cooled engines

I like the Van Van as well, but as said a lot to pay for a 125cc. Want to stay away from Chinese models. 

the RE twin is 213,000 bht. Just thinking out loud......

side-view.png.59cfeec7a0fcb290206c70261aadd91b.png

26 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I like the Van Van as well, but as said a lot to pay for a 125cc. Want to stay away from Chinese models.  

Today the VanVan comes in 200cc.

If it has to be this style of bike, and can't be chinese, then i think these are your only two options in Thailand in this price range.