The mystery of exactly how many expats live in Thailand

rooster59

On 7/28/2019 at 10:23 AM, legend49 said:

just 150,707 expats residing in Thailand,

Multiply that by 600,000 baht; average between the 2 levels of 400 k and 800 K per year in Thai banks. Not to mention what they spend daily.

And we are still treated as 3rd rate people.

In 2017 Thailand's GDP was US $455 billion. 

The expat contribution according to your calculations is $US 3 billion.

That amounts to 0.66%

That is nothing at all and might be one of the reasons the gov't seems to be anti-foreigners.

The gov't cannot make any money from foreigners

6 minutes ago, Yinn said:

You don’t know the situation. 

Boring explain to you. 

They not have thai ID card. Not have foreigner passport.

you insult thai people and Thailand everyday. Many member married to thai so guess they will consider it quite insulting.

you like to argue. 

My post was this

On 7/28/2019 at 3:52 AM, geoffbezoz said:

One or two of our members are married to people from the hilltribes so guess they will consider it quite insulting for you to say  "no natinality I think like the hilltribe people", or did you say that as a joke ?

From your reply It appears that you have zero comprehension of my post or else you despise the hill tribe people whom, like all of us are human beings and deserve to be able to live their lives as they wish in dignity. Shamefull

On 7/27/2019 at 9:38 PM, darksidedog said:

I know quite a few people who have left, so that is probably true, and of course there are numerous reasons for it. Given immigrations continuously tougher stance, you can only wonder if they are happy about the decline or whether they would be happy for even more of us to leave.

Honestly, it's a purge of Western expats. Ra,Ra, China. We love you now.

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2019 at 10:06 AM, FarFlungFalang said:

I have an Australian passport and I know that after 2 years out of the country and I cease to be a resident of my own country,so my guess would be 2 years.

What about being a resident for tax purposes,you are then still a resident or not ? 

The only people who could know the real figures are Thai immigration, as they have everyone logged into their database. However, it would require a modicum of intelligence to bring up those figures, so I very much doubt if they know!!

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:34 PM, cornishcarlos said:

But no Aussies, tfft.... ????

No Aussies and no Kiwis.

Maybe they piled us in with our  British cousins.

The decline in numbers though, says a lot about the state of LOS under new rule.

The emphasis is on Chinese tourists, they are controlled by the tour operators, taken to Chinese owned venues for shopping and eating and accommodation.

Fleeced and controlled by their own.

Noisy polluting where ever they go, they will walk right over the top of you in numbers.

Happened in Chiang Mai at the Tapei gate Sunday market, could not move they overwhelmed the streets making what was once a great relaxing day a nightmare.

And the Thai government does not give a dam about expats.

On 7/27/2019 at 10:15 PM, frankholland said:

Maybe we can make an estimation ourselves. I live in Korat, and do my retirement extention begin september. The extention has a number. The average number for the last 4 years is 4500. So that means in a year the korat immigration issues about 6750 retitement extentions a year. The most expats live in Bangkok, Pattaya, changmai, pucket and udon thani. If people from those regions make the same estimations for their province, we can see if we come close to the 72000.

There are only about 700-800 in Kalasin.  That's why they make us drive to Sakon Nakhon :((

Too many bla bla and phantasm supputation for nothing !!!

please, visite the immigration report about how many foreigners stay in the kingdom tourist or long stay under 47 reasons for visa as per Command order of the la June 2014
Please, refer to the Completed report about Years 2015-2016-2017-2018 from Data base immigration BICIS
The last report 2019 is available between January to May 2019 ( actual)

This is for you 

Tourists are not included in this report

Source immigration

Total by Province 1.PNG

Total by Province 2.PNG

Total by Province 3.PNG

Total by Province 4.PNG

On 7/30/2019 at 7:56 AM, geronimo said:

The only people who could know the real figures are Thai immigration, as they have everyone logged into their database. However, it would require a modicum of intelligence to bring up those figures, so I very much doubt if they know!!

For your sake I hope they don't know how to read Thai Visa

Obviously you do not know the reports of the immigration database named BICIS
For you, there are reports extremely precise (a little complex)
  it is enough to read them and especially to know how to handle a cross table under excel and to master the translation because everything is in Thai
there are currently more than 442,345 lines of Data 1 line per person
231 Nation involved
The report gives the 47 reasons to stay in the kingdom

Extraction BICIS Immigration.PNG

22 minutes ago, SPREX said:

Obviously you do not know the reports of the immigration database named BICIS
For you, there are reports extremely precise (a little complex)
  it is enough to read them and especially to know how to handle a cross table under excel and to master the translation because everything is in Thai
there are currently more than 442,345 lines of Data 1 line per person
231 Nation involved
The report gives the 47 reasons to stay in the kingdom

Extraction BICIS Immigration.PNG

Uh-oh. That starts to reek of a privacy breach. I don't think anyone is supposed to have heard of BICIS. Where's that image from?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Uh-oh. That starts to reek of a privacy breach. I don't think anyone is supposed to have heard of BICIS. Where's that image from?

This is coming from Immigration Bureau and it is legal for Public access as per the Law
Royal Thai Police immigration must to give some informations by report every Months and Annual  to the public but report is limited off course same for Criminal report
For exemple I can shown how many Visa retirement clause 2.22 or Visa Thai wife 2.18 by Nation and by province,
BICIS immigration data base drive all system data for TAT tourism agency It is major data base
It is connected with Thai interpol and the DOPA-BORA ministariel interior Civil registration By MOU
Now the internal système search in data base Picture of visa titulaire can be find without any manual requête big efficiency

4 minutes ago, SPREX said:

This is coming from Immigration Bureau and it is legal for Public access as per the Law
Royal Thai Police immigration must to give some informations by report every Months and Annual  to the public but report is limited off course same for Criminal report
For exemple I can shown how many Visa retirement clause 2.22 or Visa Thai wife 2.18 by Nation and by province,
BICIS immigration data base drive all system data for TAT tourism agency It is major data base
It is connected with Thai interpol and the DOPA-BORA ministariel interior Civil registration By MOU
Now the internal système search in data base Picture of visa titulaire can be find without any manual requête big efficiency

This looks very suspicious. Is this legal?

Please provide a link to this alleged database.

3 minutes ago, SPREX said:

Curious on how you got the image. In any case I do believe this data is the most accurate one available. Cross referencing the numbers to other reports from other sources should be fun, especially if it's used as source by TAT and we can see the press releases they've made in the TVF thread history. 'Caught red handed' pops to mind.

442,345 lines would mean as many extensions being processed at the time, or does it also contain already approved extensions?

BICIS Data base immigration provide the big data for theDivision of Tourism and Sports Economy (As of July 17, 2062P)

Nombre de tourists 2019.PNG

And here's where they shout "masaaaaaggeemaaassaaaaaage". So, what exactly is "Number of tourists" there? How is the raw data being aggregated to come up with that number? What are receipts, what is the data source, what is the algorithm used?

In other countries publishing that sort of info is called transparency.

การเดินทางเข้า-ออก โดยใช้หนังสือเดินทาง ปี พ.ศ. 2561.xlsx

https://www.immigration.go.th/download/1561019325372.xlsx

Report list Immgration.PNG

That's the summary aggregates.  What you had in your image is apparently a screenshot of database contents that is so detailed, taking it probably requires access rights to the BICIS. Did immigration leak that for our benefit? 

I'm not complaining as long as it's just anonymous enough screenshots, but I am now extremely curious.