Assuming EU will not budge, Britain ramps up preparations for no-deal Brexit

webfact

54 minutes ago, transam said:

Once again you dodge my question....Tut, Tut....

i run the UK down because it is a shadow of its former self,the population are not as friendly as years gone bye,too many arrogant folks around,too many coked up,too many scroungers,too many bone idle,too many with drink problems,too many with sob stories about what might of been,too many thinking the EU has been the cause of their woes,tut tut i wait your reply to why you think its superior to most other places,while you pass your last few years on planet earth in the fields of issan,why not the UK if its that great

12 minutes ago, bomber said:

i run the UK down because it is a shadow of its former self,the population are not as friendly as years gone bye,too many arrogant folks around,too many coked up,too many scroungers,too many bone idle,too many with drink problems,too many with sob stories about what might of been,too many thinking the EU has been the cause of their woes,tut tut i wait your reply to why you think its superior to most other places,while you pass your last few years on planet earth in the fields of issan,why not the UK if its that great

Whereas Portugal..

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

No, it's not true. He's snatching figures out of his posterior hoping no one will actually check.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/316691/european-union-eu-budget-share-of-contributions/

Two different years there but I think any 39B (or not) will affect the EU budgets after 2020 anyway.

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

In 2018 the UK paid a total of 11.88%. Nothing like the 33.33% he claimed.

I know, Joe. He was on about 2020. The EU draft budget for that year has the UK up to 15.22% of the overall GNI base for member contributions but not 33%:

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/budget/data/DB/2020/en/GenRev.pdf

But payment of any 39B or whatever it may be is to be over a period of some time. I cant find details of that.

Cheers.

On 7/29/2019 at 8:17 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

For an outsider (I am EU citizen living in Thailand) it's amazing how much support hard Brexit has. 

I understand that lots of people voted for the idea of being independent from the EU 3 years ago. But what was called Brexit at that time has, as far as I see, little resemblance with what it is now.

It seems 3 years ago many UK citizens thought it will give more control to their own government. And they thought they will soon make some trading agreements with the EU and not much will change. Politicians and aligned newspapers told them everything will be fine and easy. Yes, I understand why people voted for that idea.

But now? Everybody had 3 years to learn about lots of details. And everybody should have learned that most of what the politicians promised is impossible. Cake and eating it with lots of cherries while the unicorns run around in the garden is just not possible. It's not that the EU holds those unicorns back, they just don't exist and nobody will make them appear.

But looking and Boris and his supporters now they still behave like all would be fine if the EU would just release those unicorns.

Why it not obvious for everybody that No Deal makes no sense at all? Because if the UK leaves in October with no deal what will happen in November? People will frantically try to make deals - but now under more difficult conditions.

I know we are all stubborn from time to time and realizing that our decision was not perfect and changing it is sometimes difficult. But it's amazing how far that goes in the UK. Follow me over the cliff and somehow there is a bright future after that... ?

Yes, the Brits voted "leave", but they overlooked the reality that the only politician they had, capable of negotiating the exit, died with Alzheimer's in 2013.

Edited by KiChakayan
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/29/2019 at 8:17 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I know we are all stubborn from time to time and realizing that our decision was not perfect and changing it is sometimes difficult.

It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong 555

On 7/31/2019 at 2:12 PM, transam said:

Thought you were a Brit, why do you keep running your countrymen down on near every post, can you give me/us an honest answer or are you just a wind up merchant...?

Maybe you should tell him to go back where he came from.