This will be my last post

FaFaHead

1 hour ago, FaFaHead said:

555! I left because of Trump, believe me, I’m not looking forward to the noise in that regard again. I was referring to American order, structure, efficiency. I am a military person and those things are important to me and are sorely lacking here. 

quite surprised you didn't like Thailand, if you are a military person that would fit perfectly here with Prayut as the military ruler/boss

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All the way around this is such a sad story.

Mostly of course for the family health issues, and all the best to the OP with that. Not gonna be easy.  But also sad to leave with such negative feelings about Thailand when really the short time here was just not enough to make the adjustment in mindset etc - even if he wanted too.

But on a positive note at least he wont be mentally blaming the family for having to leave somewhere  where he felt really happy. On the contrary.

Better to go easily, with good grace than bemoan fings aint wot they used to be. Not new news surely

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bwpage3 said:

The good news is at least the US govt trusts some people with a license to carry a gun. In Thailand only the criminals and the mentally unbalanced have the guns.

Well given the rate of gun crime in Thailand the last part of your post suggests most are mentally unbalanced.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rumak said:

Can you find me in this photo ?

image.jpeg

Sure can Steve, right next to Yul.   One of the real classic movies those Magnificent 7....

A favorite scene of mine is James Colburn outdrawing the pistol with his knife

Excuse - totally off topic , OP is going back to Boston... not the wild west

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

quite surprised you didn't like Thailand, if you are a military person that would fit perfectly here with Prayut as the military ruler/boss

American order, structure, efficiency. I am a military person and those things are important to me and are sorely lacking here. 

What is American order, structure and efficiency? You guys do not even have a social system that help people to get back on their feet.

And about you being a military person, that says it all. You need somebody who gives you orders, because you don't learn how to be independent in the States. 

What's important for you is in no way important for Thai people and expats who live here longer.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

American order, structure, efficiency?

A medical system that literally can cost an arm and a leg.

A legal system so complex 1 in 10 people in Washington is a lawyer.

Probably the only place in the world where prostitution is illegal, but filming sex for profit is not.

Incarceration rates rivaling that of China. The world's biggest appetite for illegal drugs and legal firearms.

A rail system which can only get to 85 mph in one small sector of Amtrak.

Please continue, this is fascinating.

You forgot to mention that Washington DC has the most crackheads. Guess why? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1