How to get a medical tourist visa?

My Thai consulate in the US says it doesn't know if it can issue such a visa. Has anyone received a MTV from a consulate (not the embassy) in the US?

Since the visa has the same requirements, validity and cost as a plain vanilla tourist visa, but requires a formal letter from a hospital in Thailand, why would anyone go through the extra hassle to get a medical TV? Is it a different stamp in your passport?

Instead of a formal letter, which i heard can cost nearly Bt1,000 to get, can I just show a hospital appointment slip and my Thai social security card to get the MTV?

Since it's easy to get a single-entry TV, can I get a TV and, if needed, show the IO at the airport my appt slip and SS card when i enter Thailand?

Mahalo

Which consulate are your trying to apply at? If a honorary consulate I doubt they can do one. The 3 official consulates can do one.

There is not really not much difference between a standard tourist visa and the MT one other than the possibility to get one with more than one entry being allowed. (see https://thaiembdc.org/consular-services/tourist-visas/tourist-visa-category-mt/ ).

There is no rule that states you need any special visa for medical treatment.

If you get the standard single entry tourist visa you will not need to show immigration anything related to medical treatment when you enter the country

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Which consulate are your trying to apply at?

An honorary consulate.

If you get the standard single entry tourist visa you will not need to show immigration anything related to medical treatment when you enter the country

Which is why I don't understand why anyone would bother with the MT visa. My hospital here, KNT, has never asked what kind of visa I'm on.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
14 minutes ago, sanemax said:

If I apply for a medical visa in  Thailand , do I need to leave Thailand and return to get an entry stamp ?

You cannot apply for a visa in Thailand. You would have to leave the country tor apply for a visa.

You could apply for an extension of stay based upon medical treatment that can be issued for up to 90 days.

See: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_25