Initial cannabis oil supply comes up short due to multiple problems

webfact

20 hours ago, webfact said:

the seized marijuana from drug suspects that had been given to the two agencies was found to be contaminated with dangerous chemicals and could not be immediately used.

that is exactly what I have been saying since ...

Thailand is so stubborn ... let us import CBD oil from people with years of experience and safe handling how to grow it ... but noooooooooooooo

Edited by justin case
  • Like 1

Less than eight months from the decision to make medical cannabis legal to being able to produce even 5000 bottles of tincture is better than any western country has been able to accomplish. I think the Thai government deserves credit for this. 

They’ve never grown cannabis indoors in a large scale before and had to start over once and then there were problems that limited the yield from the second crop. 

Operation might’ve gone more smoothly if they had invited out side consultants in but they’re concerned that the industry is going to be taken over by foreign interests and want to protect the jobs in the industry for Thai people. 

When they knew they were going to have a shortfall somebody had the strange idea to use confiscated black-market cannabis, which I said here months ago that was not going to be usable because of mold and fungus pesticides herbicides other contamination and adulterants, and that’s exactly what happened. 

I think they’re on track for their production to keep up with demand after their next crops are harvested. 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Guitar God said:

Less than eight months from the decision to make medical cannabis legal to being able to produce even 5000 bottles of tincture is better than any western country has been able to accomplish. I think the Thai government deserves credit for this. 

They’ve never grown cannabis indoors in a large scale before and had to start over once and then there were problems that limited the yield from the second crop. 

Operation might’ve gone more smoothly if they had invited out side consultants in but they’re concerned that the industry is going to be taken over by foreign interests and want to protect the jobs in the industry for Thai people. 

When they knew they were going to have a shortfall somebody had the strange idea to use confiscated black-market cannabis, which I said here months ago that was not going to be usable because of mold and fungus pesticides herbicides other contamination and adulterants, and that’s exactly what happened. 

I think they’re on track for their production to keep up with demand after their next crops are harvested. 

does anyone have numbers on what the bottles actually contain ? how many mg per bottle are we talking ?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

My guess is they made the 10,000 bottles but when they went to pack them for distribution they could only find 5,000 bottles and the rest went walk about.It is after all a lucrative market!Lets see 5,000 bottles time 1,000 baht per bottle thats a lucrative 5 million right there!So how do you explain the missing 5,000 bottles?Easy unforeseen production difficulties.

In-laws in village collective north of BKK supposed to be growing for government. Instead they are stealing and selling.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

He noted that the seized marijuana from drug suspects that had been given to the two agencies was found to be contaminated with dangerous chemicals and could not be immediately used.

Could not be IMMEDIATELY used?  Meaning, can be used sometime, just not right now?

Are they planning to wash the dodgy marijuana they received from the police in hopes of washing out the "dangerous chemicals" it's contaminated with???

BTW, next time someone's looking to buy marijuana in Thailand, the above info is something to keep in mind!!!

• Like 1

The density of drug elements in the marijuana flowers given to the GPO has proved unstable, and it has been unable to extract sufficient drug content from the dried marijuana it had received.

Unbelievable. Does anybody wanna buy 150 kg of hand rolled Afghani? 

25 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Could not be IMMEDIATELY used?  Meaning, can be used sometime, just not right now?

Are they planning to wash the dodgy marijuana they received from the police in hopes of washing out the "dangerous chemicals" it's contaminated with???

BTW, next time someone's looking to buy marijuana in Thailand, the above info is something to keep in mind!!!

Hang on! That's maybe the stuff that makes people stoned....

Can't they buy their THC from countries who produce a lot of THC like maroc, Nepal, Afghanistan, Lebanon, etc???

They rely on dealers' dope? I don't get it. 

Edited by Isaanbiker

For five years, foreign investors and imports of cannabis will be prohibited to allow the domestic industry to build up capacity and knowledge, he said.

I'm surprised nobody brings this up:
For example, I have a family member with a decease who will greatly benefit from using cannabis oils/cbd, with the potency to save his/her life.

Technically these products have been legalized for such use, but only because they want to let these local companies profit more, this relative is now possibly doomed suffer a horrific next 5 years, if he/she survives that.

Again, profit over human lives.

1 minute ago, Mark35 said:

I'm surprised nobody brings this up:
For example, I have a family member with a decease who will greatly benefit from using cannabis oils/cbd, with the potency to save his/her life.

Technically these products have been legalized for such use, but only because they want to let these local companies profit more, this relative is now possibly doomed suffer a horrific next 5 years, if he/she survives that.

Again, profit over human lives.

Let's hope that your family member will not be deceased in the near future. You can't blame them for your relative suffering of a disease.

THC helps to heal by giving them a healthy appetite, etc, but the root of a sickness has to be treated as well with other medication.

25 minutes ago, Ebumbu said:

Since I am going to drink about half of it, they really need to have a serious look at their supply chain. 

You won't be able to drink half a bottle because the doctors sell it to their friends.

Not enough THC in it. Innit?

• Haha 1

I've asked my misses if she has heard anything on the Thai news about all this Ganja business and also asked her cousin who stays in BBK and both say they have heard nothing,I suspect the government controlled news isn't spreading this news to much.

2 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Both. 34 mg of CBD, 12 mg of THC only. Good enough for my hamster. 

5000 bottles at 34mg (which i doubt it is even that high) is roughly 170g of concentrate from the entire govt grow and input material ? ahhhhh back in canada people can pull 50 plus grams from a single pound. hahaha this is whole situation is awesome. 

34 mg in the entire bottle is not enough medicine per dose to make a difference. unless you consume the entire bottle at once.

They should open it up to anybody to grow it including foreign companies and let the market decide and share the knowledge of growing,harvesting,curing and extraction techniques and let the industry bloom,like a well cultivated bud.Then the problem of insufficiency will cease to exist and quality will be assured.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
Correction