Surgery at a government hospital

gamini

Gamini thanks for your post.

As i have posted many times doctors at government hospitals do a first class job.

All these members going on about government hospitals being no good should read your post and take notice.

Regarding private rooms, you are correct, if you want a private room you need contacts within the system.

I never had a problem with getting a private room, because the hospital i was in my wifes cousin is the nursing manager.

• Like 2

I always use government hospitals, don't mind the queues or waiting too much, my smartphone fulfils all my entertainment needs, and there's a 7-11 across the road. Never been bothered about the language problems, pointing and miming works where we don't have the common words or google translate doesn't work.

• Like 2

Thanks Gamini for posting this. Government hospitals in my experience, & my wife's, provide a good service, & we have never found them to be sub standard in any way with Medical things.

How's your leg, are you fully recovered?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, gamini said:

I elected to have artery surgery on my legs at Rama government hospital because of the ridiculous quotations given me by private hospitals.

Glad you ok and found it good.

I've found our local gov hospital much better than private ones, been gov hospital twice general wards 300 aircon room 700 two years later a 1000 but worth it.

Just been kick off private insurers after 3 years and only 1 small claim because of my age although physical med check was good.

So will just do reg checks from time to time at gov hospital.

11 hours ago, gamini said:

I am very impressed by this attitude where as a private hospital would have operated already just to get the money

Actually it would be the doctor making the decision at any hospital - and there are good and bad at both - but agree the doctor has more financial motivation to perform operations at a private hospital.  On the flip side you could die waiting for an operation at some hospitals due long queue.