Charging Tablet While Using it.... Part 3

chiangrai

I have gone travelling with a tablet and I'm still figuring out how to use it but I'm  mainly having problems

when I'm  using it and charging it at the same time.

I've  learnt that I can't  use a USB drive while charging it because I have a USB port  number 2.

I know I need a 2amp charger and that a 1amp one won't  work.

But even so I am still having problems.

When I'm  charging it while using it now the machine still behaves strangely.

The touch screen becomes really insensitive, I have to really  tap hard and sharp to get it to respond.

It also seems to respond to the internet much more slowly. It's  slow to open pages and videos on YouTube.

Is there anything I can do about that.

Odd behaviour happens with my "OnePlus 2" mobile phone's touch screen and my Asus Ultrabook laptop's touch pad. All that power going in is finding other ways to get out. 

Both are fine when not charging.

It's  a Lenovo 8 inch Android charger and the original charger shorted and blew in a hotel when it shorted. The charger I'm  using now is a Samsung 2 Amp.Is it worth  buying a Lenovo charger just

to see if it's  better.

They also have Lenovo wireless chargers. Would they charge while playing a USB drive

at the same time.

It's my only device at the moment so I'm  using it like a laptop. I can work around it but if it could be easily fixed I would prefer to fix it.

Here's  a really basic question.....I got this SIM card a few days back and I'm  getting data usage warnings. It's  on a plan with 1.5GB data per day. Does the warning mean that I should top up the card.

How far would 1.5GB go if youre watching you tube.

Using your tablet while charging will drastically reduce the life of you battery and eventually render it useless . Been there with the kids using games and not waiting on the re charge before playing again . Had to replace both batteries  on my tablet and phone 

My I Pad Mini does exactly the same thing when charging. It is hyper sensitive on the touch screen and sometimes will not let me put in my security pin to unlock it.  Once I disconnect it, it's fine. 

On 8/3/2019 at 2:39 PM, Macthehat said:

Using your tablet while charging will drastically reduce the life of you battery and eventually render it useless . Been there with the kids using games and not waiting on the re charge before playing again . Had to replace both batteries  on my tablet and phone 

That’s an old wives tale - google it. Even when not using it actively it’s always performing some background activity so effectively operating and chaeging

In a previous post you say you have the Lenovo TB-8504X with Android 8.1.0.

I looked at the User Guide and found this Trouble Shooting information about an not sensitive touch screen.

1647250904_2019-08-04_22-08-15Lenovocharging.png.e6359e0a8c488680b1fa9e30704e8504.pngProbably worth a try to turn it off by holding the Off button for 10 secs.

My apologies to the OP

But I have my Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series and when I plug it in and turn it on it says the source can not be determined or something like that and to press F1 to continue.

The laptop doesn't charge but it only loses 1% of its charge every third time I turn it on. Does anyone know if it is the charger or the battery or the motherboard? I bought it in the US and am using the charger that came with.

Archived