Songkhla Immigration (Hat Yai) Moved

recom273

Went in today to do 90 day report, Immigration has moved to the old police station, still the same complex just the second entrance. 

Im a little confused why, because there is only a little more seating.

No need to collect a ticket for 90 day, just go straight to Desk 1 / Information and join the queue.

Yup. When I first went there I got there at 12.30 and waited at the old spot, thinking they were on a lunch break. They didn't have a sign up at the old spot in English yet.

Anyway, Hat Yai is still far preferable to Phuket in terms of customer service, that's for sure.

Yup. When I first went there I got there at 12.30 and waited at the old spot, thinking they were on a lunch break. They didn't have a sign up at the old spot in English yet. Anyway, Hat Yai is still far preferable to Phuket in terms of customer service, that's for sure.

How long ago? We went there last Friday, and we walked up the stairs to the old office and the doors were open and staff eating dinner at the counter.

They have new stickers on the windows, saying “IMMIGRATION”

I presumed they had just moved that day, and they hadn’t put a sign up yet .. same again - looking through the computer booking system to find an option for 90 day check-in - no ticket, no instruction .. just queue up.

Yes - I have a hate - hate relationship with HY immigration, all their “different” procedures - but imagine wasting a whole day in a queue in CNX, Phuket or CW. We are quite lucky.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well if the Multi Non-O marriage visa comes to an end, I'll be getting a taste of Hat Yai Immigration myself next year. Will no doubt be looking for advice regarding their “different” procedures.

Hey-ho.

Edited by Stocky

1 hour ago, Stocky said:

Well if the Multi Non-O marriage visa comes to an end, I'll be getting a taste of Hat Yai Immigration myself next year. Will no doubt be looking for advice regarding their “different” procedures.

Hey-ho.

The procedure for extension of stay is fine, i used to have a ME and changing it up was cool, the only issue I had was a need for some unexpected paperwork from the landlord.

I think the procedure for getting a certificate of residence is too convoluted.

BTW Did you know that you also need to do a 90 day check-in even if you are on a ME visa and leave the country every 90 days .. I couldn’t work it out and they couldn’t give me an acceptable reason. Just, you must.

I don't think I've ever managed a full 90 days. I'm always off somewhere, I think 70 days is probably the longest I've been in Thailand at one stretch, and I don't do same day border runs. How does it work if you're not here more than 90 days?!

Good to know the switch to extension of stay is relatively easy, the wife's my landlord, hopefully that makes things easier still. But then TiT.

Edited by Stocky

2 minutes ago, Stocky said:

I don't think I've ever managed a full 90 days. I'm always off somewhere, I think 70 days is probably the longest I've been in Thailand at one stretch. How does it work if you're not here more than 90 days?!

Same here, I will always leave before 90 days due to the requirements of he visa or a break in Malaysia.

When the old guy saw the non-o he said “you must report, everyone must!” - ‘but why? it’s a ME visa?’ - He couldn’t give me any acceptable explanation, other than “mai dai” I only did it twice on the ME.

They just make it up as they go along, but to be fair the approval for extension is dealt with at the regional office (in BKK?), so they need to follow their instructions, and they were helpful and reasonable.

Went there just 2 hours ago. Old office, still no sign there, neither in English nor in Thai. Had to submit a TM30, they placed a new sticker for that just after the entrance. Officer didn't say a word about moving, but told me, that i could do the TM30 online now (except the first time). So i asked him if the 90 days report could be done online too; still NO...

5 hours ago, swissbie said:

Went there just 2 hours ago. Old office, still no sign there, neither in English nor in Thai. Had to submit a TM30, they placed a new sticker for that just after the entrance. Officer didn't say a word about moving, but told me, that i could do the TM30 online now (except the first time). So i asked him if the 90 days report could be done online too; still NO...

What’s the deal with TM30? 

I never ask for fear of getting the wrong answer. In the past, I was fined, so if I needed a certificate of residence then I would leave and re-enter then file a TM30 the next day .. When you leave the country the clock resets. 

On 8/9/2019 at 4:13 PM, recom273 said:

What’s the deal with TM30? 

I'd like some local feedback on this too. The wife AFAIK has never submitted a TM30 for me, I/we have always assumed as it was the same address as on the arrivals card there was no need. Clearly things have changed, would be good to understand how zealous HY immigration are with this.

I'm out of the country shortly, so will get the wife to register me on my return.

• 3 weeks later...

I was in Malaysia over the weekend, got back to Hat Yai yesterday, so the wife registered me with the local Gestapo this morning. Completed TM30 form plus copy of the house book (front page and page showing wife as house master), copy of my passport (ID pages, TM6 and current entry stamp). Took the wife half an hour, 25 minutes waiting, 5 minutes to update the information on the computer. No receipt, no need as it's all on the computer apparently.

So I'm a legal alien.

4 hours ago, Stocky said:

I was in Malaysia over the weekend, got back to Hat Yai yesterday, so the wife registered me with the local Gestapo this morning. Completed TM30 form plus copy of the house book (front page and page showing wife as house master), copy of my passport (ID pages, TM6 and current entry stamp). Took the wife half an hour, 25 minutes waiting, 5 minutes to update the information on the computer. No receipt, no need as it's all on the computer apparently.

So I'm a legal alien.

That’s strange, there is a tear off strip at the bottom of the form and I staple that in the back of my passport, but they are right, it’s all computerized, they knew I hadn’t have filed one when I was fined.

i will try and register for the app and post back how it goes. Seems the way forward.

• 3 weeks later...

I was in there last week to do my 90-day (no problem) and ask about my TM30 status, because last month I went to Phuket for a few days and I didn't know if the guesthouse I stayed at had submitted info on me (they did ask to take a copy of my passport). The girl just looked it up and said they was no record of it and not to worry because "Phuket doesn't do that", and she added the the TM30 procedure was likely to be scrapped in a few months' time anyway.

Maybe the next phase will be microchipping...

• 4 weeks later...

As I was up in Bangkok at the weekend, so wife made a TM30 report today. She asked whether she really needed to do this every time her husband went away for a couple of days, and the answer was yes. So seems Hat Yai immigration are sticking to the rules for now.

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2019 at 1:17 PM, Stocky said:

As I was up in Bangkok at the weekend, so wife made a TM30 report today. She asked whether she really needed to do this every time her husband went away for a couple of days, and the answer was yes. So seems Hat Yai immigration are sticking to the rules for now.

May I ask what kind of visa you are on? I'm married to a Thai but on a retirement visa. I've gone on frequent trips out of the province, stayed at hotels which submitted TM30s and Hat Yai immigration has never asked my wife to submit a TM30 upon my return.  My understanding is that a TM 30 is only necessary when returning from abroad.

Non-O marriage (multi-entry). Wife specifically asked if this was necessary after every trip, even just up to Bangkok, and the officer she spoke to said it was. Wife's most recent visit last week after I returned from Indonesia, IO noted down an eight digit number and just told her to quote that next time, no need for the paperwork.

• 2 months later...
On 11/18/2019 at 9:19 AM, Stocky said:

Non-O marriage (multi-entry). Wife specifically asked if this was necessary after every trip, even just up to Bangkok, and the officer she spoke to said it was. Wife's most recent visit last week after I returned from Indonesia, IO noted down an eight digit number and just told her to quote that next time, no need for the paperwork.

We just got back from Sri Lanka, the girl at Don Mueang asked if we were getting a flight the same day to HY, which we were, seemed a bit of a leading question, so the wife needed to submit a TM30 within 48 hours. 

I only really do them when I leave the country.

The young guy at the HY front desk wrote a number on the paper and asked wife to take a photo and quote it next time, has anyone else had this, an ID number? 

I’m not too sure how it can help, do we still have to have copy of ID card, passport pages, lease and 2 pages from the house book?

13 hours ago, recom273 said:

The young guy at the HY front desk wrote a number on the paper and asked wife to take a photo and quote it next time, has anyone else had this, an ID number? 

Exactly what happened with us. But no, you don't need to furnish any documents, only when you get a new landing card, otherwise just show the ID number.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if 90 day reporting in Songkhla (Hat Yai Immigration) was still required in person rather than online. Considering life under a state of emergency--and the need for "social distance"--one would think that Songkhla Immigration would begin to encourage online 90 day reporting. (Or is online 90-day reporting already available for Songkhla expats? For many years it seemed it was not.) Thanks in advance for replies.

11 minutes ago, Roy Baht said:

I was wondering if 90 day reporting in Songkhla (Hat Yai Immigration) was still required in person rather than online. Considering life under a state of emergency--and the need for "social distance"--one would think that Songkhla Immigration would begin to encourage online 90 day reporting. (Or is online 90-day reporting already available for Songkhla expats? For many years it seemed it was not.) Thanks in advance for replies.

I spent 4 unpleasant hours there on 17th (10 days ago) to do my yearly extension, it was full of Burmese workers, I presume for reentry permits. 

Unsurprisingly Zero Fs were given by HY immigration, staff all had masks and gloves, yet no sanitizer was available to customers. There was no effort made to separate or move people quickly.

Maybe things have changed in the interim. 

I need to do a 90 day in the next couple of weeks, i was thinking about doing the postal option, there is a drive through kiosk by the train stays ion. It crossed my mind to give it a miss, the fine is 2000THB? Is that for a year of non- reporting? 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

What is the fine for no TM30? I usually do an in out at the border on a non-O Marriage but looks like I will need to do a 60 day extension in HY. I have never had a TM30. Will I need one for an extension ?

I'm not sure regarding the fine for not completing your TM30, I'm fortunate that my company does it for me but I know many Farangs who live in HY who have not completed any TM30's and continue to renew visas on a regular basis.

11 hours ago, beammeup said:

What is the fine for no TM30? I usually do an in out at the border on a non-O Marriage but looks like I will need to do a 60 day extension in HY. I have never had a TM30. Will I need one for an extension ?

You might want to post in the main visa section, it’s not a fixed daily penalty - I think there is a maximum fine. I got stung a few years back - I think it was 2000B, they pulled a figure out of thin air. 

• 1 month later...

Well today I put in my application for a 1 year extension (based on marriage), as I doubt I'm going to get a chance to go Penang to apply for a new Non-O multi.

The wife called in on immigration the other week to pick up the necessary forms as well as details (in Thai) of what supporting documents are required. This I had translated and attach as a pdf. 

Processing and waiting happens outside of the office under a tent. Seating is limited to twelve people as the two middle seats of each bench of four are not to be occupied. Just below the stairs leading into the office is a desk manned by two officers who will review your application and, once all is in order, submit to officers inside. Meanwhile you sit outside and sweat; they really could do with one or two of those misting fans. We arrived at 10:30 but didn't get called inside until after lunch at 1:30. Interview took half an hour including lots of paper signing. Paid my Bht1,900 and got my under consideration stamp.

I've not had dealings with immigration much before, as previously I've opted for the Non-O multi visa which suited my working outside Thailand. So having read various horror stories on TV I was pleasantly surprised to find generally smiling and helpful people, yes it was slow, yes most of the paperwork is really superfluous, and yes it was hot sitting out in the tent, but overall it was far less painful than I was expecting.

1 Year Ext Documents.pdf

• 1 month later...

Immigration turned up at lunchtime today for the home visit, though with no advanced warning. Wife was out so they had to wait until she came home. Thankfully they were all smiles and very polite, didn't take too long to complete the visit. Photos in the living room, outside the house, and standing in-front of an open wardrobe in the bedroom, completed and signed the paperwork and off they went. Hopefully I'll get called to pick up my stamp next week.