TM30 - is anybody actually clear on this?

2 hours ago, StevieAus said:

I live in Chiang Mai Province but don’t use the main office.

Last Friday when I did the 90 day report and asked if there had been any change I was told only needed after leaving the country.

Thanks. I do use the main immigration building so curious to know if any changes.   Thanks again 

I visited my local!! immgrations office (83kms away) this week to do my 90 day report. Asked the lady what is the policy here for tm30. She said if go out of the province for 24hrs+ you had to report, because this is my predicament!

I live 200 metres from the border(province) I work in the neighbouring province and the local!! immigration is 65kms away from my home in the neighbouring province and it's only 3kms from place of work.

I asked the following question.

Question: What do i do / happens If the school where i work ask me to attend a weekend camp?.

Answer You have to report. So i have to come all the way here (83kms from home) just to do 3 minute report and i have to miss half a day teaching?

Answer Yes! 

Question: As i mentioned before my place of work is only 3kms from neighbouring immigrations. why can't i do the report there?

Answer. No problem you can do the report there.

Question Oh that's good. So when i walk in there, where they have never seen me before and report. They are not going to say, you cant do it here, you have to do it in the province of your home?.

Answer.Don't know!!

I left it at that. In all the reports on Thai visa. I have never read anything about doing a report elsewhere.(immigrations). And a round trip from Immigration to immigration is 300kms.

Looking forward to anyone ideas, suggestions, remarks.

On 8/3/2019 at 10:25 AM, Brer said:

It’s perfectly clear for me, as explained by three IO’s who stated I don’t need to do anymore unless I leave Thailand and return.

When I return to Thailand I must do the next day.

Exactly 100% correct to the dot, except it doesn't have to be exactly the next day. within 48-72 hours seems ok.

3 hours ago, isaantom said:

2 workdays for confirmation e-mail.

4 workdays for password.

Immi Sakon Nakhon

When you registered on the website, in the section to upload documents, did you upload just the 'background' proof like lease/tabien baan/landlord's ID, or did you also include the spreadsheet with the details of the tenants (their TM6 number, date of entry etc).

I'm trying to set up an account on the website and wondering if I should also submit my details so it effectively operates as registration - or is that part only possible once you get a password and access to the site? (In Bkk so expecting a long wait for a password)

Thanks!

5 hours ago, fourpack said:

Sorry you are talking silly.

Just another I don't trust anything they say. What's the point as nothing anyone could say would make you believe.

You do things your way. I will do things my way by asking the people Actually in the Know.

I actually joined this forum as I thought it was a help forum but have come to realize it's not really every thread goes the same way as I see it.

And if you happen to disagree then you become an outcast.

But hey that's ok.

Makes for a good bedtime story some times.

Have a great day.

Dunno what's silly about advising to obey the law... What's silly is trying to get around the law by asking people who may or may not actually know the law, or who may or may not be keen to enforce the law. Just because they are wearing a badge, doesn't make them trustworthy or reliable. Sad, I know, but true. 

Better to just obey the law, in my opinion. But sure, follow your own... I just take exception to anyone advising people it's better to try to find a way around the law...

22 minutes ago, Scorpion364 said:

Better to just obey the law, in my opinion. But sure, follow your own... I just take exception to anyone advising people it's better to try to find a way around the law..

Easier said than done to just follow the law when 1000 IOs will have 1000 different interpretations of that law. You think you’ve followed it and they tell you you haven’t.

• Like 1

I have been in and out of the country many times , the first time I went to Jomtien to do my tm30 on return and I told them I would be in and out of the country, they said if I was returning to the same address I would not have to report again. 
That's what I was told at Chaeng Wattana. Registered 3 years ago when I moved to the new address. Been in and out 15+ times, never filed another TM30, recently did a 90 Day and an Extension. No questions asked.

Apparently, today, according the Bangkok Post and Immigration Bureau, the TM30 isn't required for those on a Tourist Visa. " (last in list, on the left):
3281027.jpg

Edited by CharlieH
Bangkokpost link removed.

19 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

How about Visa  Exempt?

The Section 37 stuff all sounds very oppressive. 

Visa exempt is only possible for torist purposes. It counts as torist visa under section 37.

Edited by schlemmi
typp

3 hours ago, ThLT said:

Apparently, today, according the Bangkok Post and Immigration Bureau, the TM30 isn't required for those on a Tourist Visa.(last in list, on the left):
3281027.jpg

Please not mix tm30 and tm28.

TM30 is the form used to repot according section 38. It is the housemaster or hotel where the foreigner  stays. There is NO EXEMPTION for tourists.

TM28 is used by the foreinger itself to report according section 37. The exemption resides here. Only here.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Scorpion364 said:

Dunno what's silly about advising to obey the law... What's silly is trying to get around the law by asking people who may or may not actually know the law, or who may or may not be keen to enforce the law. Just because they are wearing a badge, doesn't make them trustworthy or reliable. Sad, I know, but true. 

Better to just obey the law, in my opinion. But sure, follow your own... I just take exception to anyone advising people it's better to try to find a way around the law...

Do you read what people have said in previous posts which would make what I said perfectly reasonable .

Please quote me where I said I was

A. Breaking the law

B. Circumventing the law.

The law was given to me by as immigration officer. I choose to believe what he said rather than hearsay and gossip on here. 

So please read what has been written before you try and fail to be a holy Joe.

Thanks.

My mother will visit and stay at our house (which she has done regularly for the past 10 years), which is owned and registered by my wife. Does this mean that my wife needs to register her as staying? When my mother arrives, she always puts our address on the arrival card at the airport. Is this correct procedure?

Another thing, i will travel to Chiang Mai for 3 days from Bangkok. Will i need to register? 

I have followed the comments here, but i still don't understand that if it has been the law for so long, why i have never had an issue? I have child dependent visa, been in and out of Thailand to overseas a large amount of times over the past 8 years for work, regularly go to another province on the holidays with Thai family, and never had an issue.

Am i missing something?

Please not mix tm30 and tm28.

TM30 is the form used to repot according section 38. It is the housemaster or hotel where the foreigner  stays. There is NO EXEMPTION for tourists.

TM28 is used by the foreinger itself to report according section 37. The exemption resides here. Only here.

Makes it clear again: only report when you stay longer in the country for more than 90 days aka you are on an extension.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 minutes ago, wobalt said:

Makes it clear again: only report when you stay longer in the country for more than 90 days aka you are on an extension.

But on tourist you never need to do a 90 day report because the maximum you can stay is 90 days. Than you have to leave the country. The 90 days is 60 days at the border if has visa and another 30 days as extension at immi. This extension can only be done once per entry due to visa. You never exceed the 9o days.

Just another example for incomplete and missleading information. The exemption to report at the local police according article 37(3)(4) of the immigration act is not only for tourist visa holders. Bussines visa and a lot of others are also exempted. But this is not published at this article. 

I refere to the article from Bangkok Post and im.igration published im post #72. Unfortunately the article not shoed up here.

Edited by schlemmi
Added reference to post #72

But on tourist you never need to do a 90 day report because the maximum you can stay is 90 days. Than you have to leave the country. The 90 days is 60 days at the border if has visa and another 30 days as extension at immi. This extension can only be done once per entry due to visa. You never exceed the 9o days.

On a 1 year non O multiple marriage visa either, in 20 years I had never to do a 90 days report,because I do not stay longer as 90 days in the country. Sometimes I stay only 7 days in Thailand then I have to leave based on my work in Malaysia. Then return...

Just another example for incomplete and missleading information. The exemption to report at the local police according article 37(3)(4) of the immigration act is not only for tourist visa holders. Bussines visa and a lot of others are also exempted. But this is not published at this article. 

I refere to the article from Bangkok Post and im.igration published im post #72. Unfortunately the article not shoed up here.

Correct, misleading

There is a story about TM30s in todays newspaper.

The last line of the story:

"However, Pol Lt Gen Sompong stressed that the TM30 process will continue to be enforced in the future, despite the problems it is encountering."

Edited by Issanman

48 minutes ago, Issanman said:

"However, Pol Lt Gen Sompong stressed that the TM30 process will continue to be enforced in the future, despite the problems it is encountering."

As lonlong as he get replaced.

3 hours ago, Issanman said:

I'm sure "the TM30 process will continue to be enforced in the future."  Thailand is fast becoming a police state as they place more and more restrictions on westerners.  I'm sure this harassment will continue until they rid Thailand of as many foreigners as possible.

The party's over folks, nothing more to see here.  Please keep the line moving to the exit.

22 hours ago, Salerno said:
  • Use the app
  • Do it online
  • Do it by mail
  • Ignore it

Thanks for the reply

1, use the app. problem is, does it work?, many people having problems with app

2, Same as 1

3, How can you use mail? if you stay over night and have to report the following day!!

4, That's a possibility!!