Reporting Within 24 Hrs

Hi..

I am on NON-IMM ED visa since Jan 2019. I got my extension on March 2019 till march 2020. I left Thailand with re entry permit in May and returned in July. Am i supposed to report at immigration office? I stay in accomadation provided by University .

Contact whomever manages the University accommodation. They are supposed to file a TM30. If you were to stay in a hotel it would be the hotel that photocopies your passport and reports to Immigration. I would start, at least, by assuming your university accommodations operate the same way. 

34 minutes ago, Martyp said:

Contact whomever manages the University accommodation. They are supposed to file a TM30. If you were to stay in a hotel it would be the hotel that photocopies your passport and reports to Immigration. I would start, at least, by assuming your university accommodations operate the same way. 

BUT THEY HAVE ASKED ME TO REPORT... 

29 minutes ago, sandysp said:

BUT THEY HAVE ASKED ME TO REPORT... 

In Bangkok it is possible to self report if you have a lease contract. I don’t know if you have anything like a lease contract or which office you are reporting to. Different offices have different policies. You will have to go there and explain that the university will not report you. When you finally do report there will be a fine. In Bangkok the fine is 800 baht but it could be up to 1600 baht. Just don’t be surprised about the fine.

1 minute ago, Martyp said:

In Bangkok it is possible to self report if you have a lease contract. I don’t know if you have anything like a lease contract or which office you are reporting to. Different offices have different policies. You will have to go there and explain that the university will not report you. When you finally do report there will be a fine. In Bangkok the fine is 800 baht but it could be up to 1600 baht. Just don’t be surprised about the fine.

They will provide a document in which my name is written.. like an accomadation form. is that enough ?

should i do it every time i re enter thailand?

9 hours ago, sandysp said:

They will provide a document in which my name is written.. like an accomadation form. is that enough ?

should i do it every time i re enter thailand?

All you can do is bring what you can and tell them the university asked you to file. It is possible you are not the first person to do this. You can download the TM30 form from the internet. It is a simple form. Fill it in with your name, not the university name. Bring your passport.

You are supposed to file a TM30 every time you enter a new residence. If you go to a hotel in Thailand they will do this for you. The new enhanced enforcement is requiring filing a TM30 more widely. However different Immigration offices are interpreting this differently. You have to ask your Immigration office about when they require it. In my own case in Bangkok I plan to only file when I return from international travel and not when I travel inside Thailand. 

Immigration doesn’t always ask for it. They typically don’t ask for it when you do a 90-day report. They will ask for it when I apply for a 1 year extension so I will make sure I file a TM30 for any travel immediately before my 1 year extension application. In my case my condo landlord files my TM30 for me using her online registration. That is what your university should be doing but since they are not doing this for you you will have to do what you are doing.

I am wondering about that too.

I use ED visa too, stay in a Condo, when I ask downstairs they will do tm30 for me after coming back and print it out. But my slip in the passport will not be updated, so it seems still necessary to go to Immigration to update this stamp on the notification receipt. When I asked at CM Immigration they updated the date stamp on the receipt, so I guess we have to do it.

Asking at the school which provides the visa, they said I should always update the date stamp on the receipt. "Only" being reported (tm30) by the condo staff does not do it. But opinions vary depending on whom I ask everybody says something else.

8 hours ago, Martyp said:

All you can do is bring what you can and tell them the university asked you to file. It is possible you are not the first person to do this. You can download the TM30 form from the internet. It is a simple form. Fill it in with your name, not the university name. Bring your passport.

You are supposed to file a TM30 every time you enter a new residence. If you go to a hotel in Thailand they will do this for you. The new enhanced enforcement is requiring filing a TM30 more widely. However different Immigration offices are interpreting this differently. You have to ask your Immigration office about when they require it. In my own case in Bangkok I plan to only file when I return from international travel and not when I travel inside Thailand. 

Immigration doesn’t always ask for it. They typically don’t ask for it when you do a 90-day report. They will ask for it when I apply for a 1 year extension so I will make sure I file a TM30 for any travel immediately before my 1 year extension application. In my case my condo landlord files my TM30 for me using her online registration. That is what your university should be doing but since they are not doing this for you you will have to do what you are doing.

OK.. Thank you!