Moving to Pattaya from Phuket (Where to live?)

damen

Hi, I'm planning to move from Phuket to Pattaya. Been living in Phuket for quite awhile, wish to change some new environment. I think Pattaya would be another good choice as it is near to Bangkok (could visit for a short trip whenever i want within a day). If Pattaya is good for a change, i do consider selling my house in Phuket and buy one in Pattaya.

I'm looking for house for rent in Pattaya (6months-1year). Which area is good for settle in? Easy access to food, malls, supermarkets but not overly-crowed and less prone to flooding. I got transportation (car & bikes).

I have been trying hard to find a house for rent from direct owner, which is very hard. I found only agents in fb post, which they charge commission (usually 3-10k) which is pointless to pay them. 

And if you happen to know or wanting to rent out your house. Do let me know. 

-allowed pets (dogs)
-garden
-pattaya area
-budget (8k-16k)

• Haha 1

But i have lived in Phuket for nearly 10 years. Can even speak a little south language. Just a little bored. If Pattaya is bad, then i will move to Chiang Mai. But i saw in the news that there is smog problem every year.  

13 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Pattaya is a great choice avoid up North for sure because the smoke will kill you.  Get a hotel for a few days and have a motorcycle drive you around most of the good places will only have sign.

North as in Banglamung?

How about East Pattaya, Soi Siam? Does there have any smog problem? I saw few house for rent in Bang Saray which is within my budget i quite like it as there have plentiful of garden for my dogs, but i see in google map, is a little to far from central pattaya. I'm worried hard to find food, supermarkets. 

Edited by damen

Just now, marcusarelus said:

And the Immigration is one of the worst in Thailand and the smog problem is getting worse every year when I was there 2 months now 4 months.  No problem in Pattaya but a lot of people don't like the easy availability of good food and attractive women.  Does not lend it self to Thai bashing. 

Must be true I overheard a guy in savanaket mention he prefers exiting every 90 days as a means of avoiding having to go to immigration there 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good advice to come and do some exploring on your own.  Greater Pattaya has a number of different neighborhoods and suburbs.  Jomtien is nice but so is Naklua/Wong Amat--which is close to shopping at Terminal 21 and Central Marina.  Your weekly interests might partly decide where you might be happiest.  Disregard the negative posts.  My partner and I have lived here 9 years and we love it.  

• Like 1

Pattaya is a good choice. You can choose Pratumnak area. Lots of greenery,  fresh air and beaches. Quiet but has night life. Naklua is another option.  Around soi 16 up there is wongomat beach and night life on the main road. Central Pattaya is the urban option with big shops and transport hubs. My friend was renting a villa near beach rd, unfurnished for 7k a month. If you want to hire direct from owner go to shopping malls and supermarkets eg foodmart near Threpasit where owners advertise directly. Good luck.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

Since you have transportation, you can look at villas in Pratumnak on Soi 4-6.  Lots of room for walking dogs, biking.  Low traffic.

Don't listen to the naysayers. They just get a little disgruntled living in shacks and eating mealworms, while we live the HiSo life.  ????

Spot on! Back of the net! Pratumnak also has beaches and the open spaces around big buddha and opposite the cliff hotel above the Pattaya sign. Its so jungly round here you can see butterflies,  exotic birds and there is a bit of a breeze, Pratumnak Soi 2, 3 4 5 6 and soi cozy beach.

Edited by sunnyboy2018
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, alan grice said:

Rayongs well wort a Look, dont go past Phitsanulok and the Airs fine. CMs got awfull Cheapo Ferangs over the last few years just like Patts.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The Pattaya expats I know are wealthy,  pensioned up, own properties in UK and Thailand  Australia etc and dont have a care in the world. Many have good jobs too in Pattaya.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, brokenbone said:

if you want to be close to shopping malls,

you need to stay in south/central pattaya,

but you are going to be hard pressed to find a townhouse within that budget here.

if you want a house max 16k, you have to live on the dark side,

on the wrong side of sukumvit, where theres nothing,

and to top it off you also have to cross sukumvit

every time you need to feed.

i dont do 'recreational drugs' myself

so i cant handle the sukumvit stress

any longer. traffic lights & right of way

is not seen as true to buddhism

You don't necessarily need to stay in south or central Pattaya to 'be close to shopping malls'.  North Pattaya has Terminal 21 and Central Marina--with a Big C.  I can get to either in about 10 minutes by car from my place in Wong Amat--probably even faster on a motorbike.

10 minutes ago, Daz Manc said:

I would suggest Ban Chang, half way between Pattaya and Rayong

Ease of getting to Bangkok was cited. For me that means central Pattaya, as you can jump on an Ekamai bus anytime, or for a driver, near the motorway. Ban Chang isn't so unless Hwy 36 will become fast after all the work is completed. 

Loads of up market places to be rented outside of Pattaya, pool villas etc that the owners cannot sell. Nice standard of living with Pattaya proper not so far away. Pattaya itself will choke under it's own traffic problems eventually. Go shopping in Laem Chabang Harbor Mall. 

10 hours ago, damen said:

Does anyone here live in Bang Saray or Sattahip? Finding food, big supermarket such as Big C or Tesco Lotus easy to access? Air quality okay? Flood prone? 

Would not want to live in Pattaya traffic is insane its just too crowded and polluted.

Bang Saray is OK many quite a lot of development and people moving there, friend just rented a three bedroom house in a secure village right off Sukhumvit for 12k a month. New Big C in Sattahip opened a few months back that is about ten minutes south from Bang Saray, Big Homepro store a few clicks up the road and BoonTa Vorn are building a store there as well.

North 30 minutes straight up Sukhumvit to Makro, Big C Pattaya and Lotus on Sukhumvit.

Ban Ampur is also OK and only 15 minutes to Makro Big C and Lotus. Clean air and no traffic jams down that way as well.

6 hours ago, brokenbone said:

if you want to be close to shopping malls,

you need to stay in south/central pattaya,

but you are going to be hard pressed to find a townhouse within that budget here.

if you want a house max 16k, you have to live on the dark side,

on the wrong side of sukumvit, where theres nothing,

and to top it off you also have to cross sukumvit

every time you need to feed.

i dont do 'recreational drugs' myself

so i cant handle the sukumvit stress

any longer. traffic lights & right of way

is not seen as true to buddhism

So sorry, what i meant was travelling by car & motobike within 15-20 mins is okay. 

And i don't do drugs nor drink. 

7 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Would not want to live in Pattaya traffic is insane its just too crowded and polluted.

Bang Saray is OK many quite a lot of development and people moving there, friend just rented a three bedroom house in a secure village right off Sukhumvit for 12k a month. New Big C in Sattahip opened a few months back that is about ten minutes south from Bang Saray, Big Homepro store a few clicks up the road and BoonTa Vorn are building a store there as well.

North 30 minutes straight up Sukhumvit to Makro, Big C Pattaya and Lotus on Sukhumvit.

Ban Ampur is also OK and only 15 minutes to Makro Big C and Lotus. Clean air and no traffic jams down that way as well.

Yes, i saw that Bang Saray house for rent ads is within my budget. Big land for my dogs to roam around. But i saw older post saying that from Bang Saray to Pattaya on weekend, traffic is very bad. May takes a hour to reach there. 

29 minutes ago, Polaky said:

How about driving past Pattaya into Cambodia or Vietnam?, or from where you are into Malaysia, and forget bkk.

Hmm Vietnam, as i got a Thai Wife. She would still prefer to stay in Thailand. + they love to feast on dogs. 

Edited by damen
  • Haha 1