Location of Immigration Office For Re-entry Permits

Where exactly in the Phuket international airport is the immigration office for application of a re-entry permit?

Someone told me i can apply for a re-entry permit after i clear immigration at Phuket international airport.

Has anyone applied for this type of visa at the new airport before?

Also, if i have a 3 month visa, do i need to apply for a re-entry visa?

Just to clarify. A re-entry permit is not to be looked upon as a visa. It´s only a permit that guarantees that your remaining days of your visa can be used if returning to Thailand during that remaining period. If you have a 3 month visa or a one year extension is not relevant. Everyone that wants to keep thier remaining days for a new re-entry needs to apply for an re-entry permit.

Regrding the location of the desk, I leave that to other posters that are familiar with Phuket International Airport.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

remaining days of your visa can be used

I think you meant remaining days of your "Permitted to stay" date on the stamp affixed on your passport page. If visa has remaining days, you don't need a re-entry permit if you enter on or before "Valid Until" date on the visa sticker.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

It´s only a permit that guarantees that your remaining days of your visa can be used if returning to Thailand during that remaining period.

If one wishes to clarify, in reality it is based on the Permission to Stay not the Visa. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, onera1961 said:

I think you meant remaining days of your "Permitted to stay" date on the stamp affixed on your passport page. If visa has remaining days, you don't need a re-entry permit if you enter on or before "Valid Until" date on the visa sticker.

right

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, haymanpl said:

This is what i have, not sure i need a re-entry permit?

passport.jpg

A reentry permit will only allow you to enter Thailand before Aug 28.

You intend to apply for 12 month extension? You need apply asap. Before Aug 28

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, haymanpl said:

This is what i have, not sure i need a re-entry permit?

passport.jpg

You need a re-entry permit if you want to remain on a non immigrant entry. It would be better to apply for your one-year extension of stay at the Immigration Office before getting the re-entry permit and leaving. If this is not possible, understand that your re-entry permit will only be valid to return before 28 August, and you will only be stamped back into Thailand until 28 August (at which point you will presumably need to apply for your one-year extension as a matter of urgency).

If you leave without a re-entry permit, assuming you qualify, you will be stamped into Thailand as a tourist.

• Thanks 1

Do not forget that if you want to buy a re-entry permit at the airport, you need to get it before going to Immigration desk. After you are stamped out of Thailand , it is too late !

In Chiangmai the re-entry desk is on the left side, just after security for International flights

In Phuket, someone familiar should be able to let you know the location.

5 hours ago, cnx355 said:

Do not forget that if you want to buy a re-entry permit at the airport, you need to get it before going to Immigration desk. After you are stamped out of Thailand , it is too late !

I was told the visa desk is located after immigration at Phuket airport thats why i'm checking here. I was told you need to get it before you leave, not before you get stamped out/

13 hours ago, BritTim said:

You need a re-entry permit if you want to remain on a non immigrant entry.

Yes, i want to remain on a Non immigrant entry so i can then apply for a 1 year extension based on retirement. If i don't get a re-entry, i'll return as a tourist and won't be able to apply for the 1 year extension right?

2 minutes ago, haymanpl said:

Yes, i want to remain on a Non immigrant entry so i can then apply for a 1 year extension based on retirement. If i don't get a re-entry, i'll return as a tourist and won't be able to apply for the 1 year extension right?

Right. You would need to start the whole rigmarole afresh.

On 8/5/2019 at 5:45 AM, onera1961 said:

If visa has remaining days, you don't need a re-entry permit if you enter on or before "Valid Until" date on the visa sticker.

Yes i do because i can't apply for the 1 year extension of stay based on retirement unless i have the no immigrant visa. Without a re-entry, my non immigrant visa is wiped and i get a tourist visa when i return.

53 minutes ago, haymanpl said:

Yes i do because i can't apply for the 1 year extension of stay based on retirement unless i have the no immigrant visa. Without a re-entry, my non immigrant visa is wiped and i get a tourist visa when i return.

Just to make it clear...you need apply for 12 month extension before Aug 28. Your "until date" on visa stamp. Most people do that few week prior to "until date". If you plan to exit los and reenter you will need reentry permit. So this must be brief trip your planning? Given that you only have about 3 weeks left on your permission of stay till Aug 28.

34 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So this must be brief trip your planning? Given that you only have about 3 weeks left on your permission of stay till Aug 28.

5 day trip. Normally i apply for 1 year visa a week before expiry as it normally only takes 1 day to process.

I phoned Phuket Int airport and they told me the visa desk is located after border control so i guess its o.k to get the re-entry permit after being stamped out.

Edited by haymanpl

1 minute ago, haymanpl said:

5 day trip. Normally i apply for 1 year visa a week before expiry as it normally only takes 1 day to process.

OK. Just obtain your reentry at airport. Perhaps down load form and have it filled in along with your pic.

All done. 

On 8/6/2019 at 1:41 PM, haymanpl said:

I was told the visa desk is located after immigration at Phuket airport thats why i'm checking here. I was told you need to get it before you leave, not before you get stamped out/

In Chiangmai the re-entry desk is just before the Immigration border check point.

It may be different in Phuket as you mention.

Interesting that you can buy the re-entry after you officially left the country and and stamped out,