Homemade bombs found near 7-Eleven shop in Nonthaburi

webfact

23 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

I never knew that the tech school hooligans were that interested in politics....

Not sure about the tech school kids, but most of the youth here seem far more interested in politics, than their very politically apathetic parents. I think the change is going to be driven by the youth. Most youth these days I am fairly unimpressed with. But, there is a percentage of the Thai youth that are activists, are smart, and conscious, and really give a damn. Much respect to them. 

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Not sure about the tech school kids, but most of the youth here seem far more interested in politics, than their very politically apathetic parents. I think the change is going to be driven by the youth. Most youth these days I am fairly unimpressed with. But, there is a percentage of the Thai youth that are activists, are smart, and conscious, and really give a damn. Much respect to them. 

I quite agree. I was chatting to a young Thai recently while I was in Sydney who was in Australia on a Working Holiday Visa. He was quite outspoken about Thailand, especially those matters we can't discuss here

6 hours ago, saminoz said:

Frikking insane!  Students using bombs against each other for no other reason than they go to different schols!

Morons is too kind a term.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the educational institution if they allow severely dangerous rivalries among schools.

2 minutes ago, Inepto Cracy said:

Are these the same as the practice ping pong balls used in Bangla Road Phuket and Patts for practice firing from the human launchers?

What place in Pattaya uses ping pong balls from a human launcher?  Have you ever been there?

"Are these the same as the practice ping pong balls used in Bangla Road Phuket and Patts for practice firing from the human launchers?"

Never and I have no intention of ever visiting Patts, that is why I am asking?

You read so much nonsence on T V sometimes, that's why people like me have to ask.

Thank you.

So these are the things  they learn at university

Making home made bombs  to attack rival university 

Pretty cool

I should  have gone to university i could have entered successfully a new life of crime 

On 8/5/2019 at 10:46 AM, HomeinThailand said:

Would there be another link to the article in the Japan times? I get a Forbidden message when trying to see the article.

Getting a VPN will end that nonsense.

Anywhere in the world you can connect to the web anywhere in the world.

23 hours ago, BigC said:

So these are the things  they learn at university

Making home made bombs  to attack rival university 

Pretty cool

I should  have gone to university i could have entered successfully a new life of crime 

Hmmm. Your old life of crime was a failure?

????????

On 8/5/2019 at 2:45 PM, Ctkong said:

There is something fundamentally wrong with the educational institution if they allow severely dangerous rivalries among schools.

Severely dangerous rivalries often also occur at or after football games and other sports events.

Sometimes the citizens of the city of the winning team rampage, loot, and torch cars.

Large groups of insane apes gather, get excited about just about anything, and all hell can break loose. It's in our genes I'm afraid.

Go figure.

On 8/4/2019 at 9:23 PM, from the home of CC said:

it's a big firecracker that is as loud as a 12 gauge and you would probably lose your hand if you held one while it went off, used to buy them for 10 baht in the village I lived, just basically gunpowder encased in a small plastic ball..

Thanks for the explanation.  It sounds like what in the US is called a cherry bomb.  There is also something called an 'ash can' which is about the same size and looks like a little piece of pipe with a fuse.  Mind you my knowledge of these things is from 50+ years ago, and the casings were some sort of cardboard.

A few years ago I was in Hat Yai for NYE, there were places that had all sorts of firecrackers.  Hadn't had that much fun with those things since childhood.

Some of the things I thought were cherry bombs were smoke bombs.

On 8/5/2019 at 11:00 AM, saminoz said:

Frikking insane!  Students using bombs against each other for no other reason than they go to different schols!

Morons is too kind a term.

Imagining a more extreme situation if they are also Soccer fans! 

Sounds to me this rivalry claim is a lot of horse product.  The boys wouldn't have to make their own if they can be bought, and it seems these same things are being used by the troublemakers.

"Ha ha!  Only schoolboys making joke!  Mi pen rai!"

4 hours ago, bendejo said:

Thanks for the explanation.  It sounds like what in the US is called a cherry bomb.  There is also something called an 'ash can' which is about the same size and looks like a little piece of pipe with a fuse.  Mind you my knowledge of these things is from 50+ years ago, and the casings were some sort of cardboard.

A few years ago I was in Hat Yai for NYE, there were places that had all sorts of firecrackers.  Hadn't had that much fun with those things since childhood.

Some of the things I thought were cherry bombs were smoke bombs.

yes back in Canada we used to get (from the states I think) cherry bombs which I think were marked M-80, very similar to the explosiveness of the ping pong including a waterproof wick...

1 minute ago, from the home of CC said:

yes back in Canada we used to get (from the states I think) cherry bombs which I think were marked M-80, very similar to the explosiveness of the ping pong including a waterproof wick...

M-80 inside of ball bearings, nuts, and screws could be devasting.

Just now, lust said:

M-80 inside of ball bearings, nuts, and screws could be devasting.

I agree, if packaged properly (to allow the build up of pressure) it could be deadly within a limited radius. When I was a kid I used to powder charcoal and mix with salt peter and sulfur to make my own firecrackers (filling glass jars). I experimented till my father caught me causing a hole in the basement floor lol. It's not hard to make a device that will harm someone, the challenge is placement for effect enhancement and a mechanism for remote detonation.

7 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

I agree, if packaged properly (to allow the build up of pressure) it could be deadly within a limited radius. When I was a kid I used to powder charcoal and mix with salt peter and sulfur to make my own firecrackers (filling glass jars). I experimented till my father caught me causing a hole in the basement floor lol. It's not hard to make a device that will harm someone, the challenge is placement for effect enhancement and a mechanism for remote detonation.

Plastic models of battleships etc were pretty popular in the decade following WWII, and after building them we'd do things like douse it with glue and light it up, or blow it up.  One day I took a different approach: I built it with the cherry bomb on the inside, the fuse sticking out of the smokestack.  I took it into an alley with a dead-end, lit it and ducked into a doorway.  We could not find a bit of the gray plastic anywhere.  Never again built a plastic model.

Archived