Udon man sets fire to his Benz because rich daddy wouldn't pay his bar bill

webfact

43 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

If he actually has mental issue get him help.  If he is just spoiled do something before he kills someone if that is the case next time maybe the outcome would be more to the public advantage?

you mean like taking the car away (too late) from him or not buying or let him buy a new one

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

So we thought the best treatment was to let him drive around p*ssed in a high end car that don't really belong to us .. Like the parents of the 13 yo who trashed the big bike in C M a few weeks ago the folk's of this zithead need some parenting guidance also .. 

I sounds as if he took the car after the refusal by his father to pay the bill - nowhere does it say that he drove home from the bar.  I very much doubt that the father said "take my keys and go for a drive to cool off!!" meaning that he took it without permission.

I think the problem with young thai men is that generally (from observation and limited experience) Thai fathers have little to do with bringing up their children because childcare is "women's work".   If they play a role it is usually just to apply physical discipline and their are themselves ill equipped to deal with emotional development.

Growing up he probably was waited on by females in the family and given pretty much whatever he wanted - it is little wonder that he expects this to continue into adulthood if it is all he has known.  Why take and damage the car - because to him it would likely be something more important than him to his father!

The father says he has mental issues - if that is the case what has the father done previously to try and get help for him?

Lots of questions I feel.

2 hours ago, tabarin said:

Guess you know just as little about the mental health services then, you will be on a waiting list unless it is psychotic and urgent enough, 
even then you will be dosed with BS medicine and creative therapy, to become a write off after the first 6-12 months, (if) no success. 

Proper mental health services are reserved for people with cash in hand, there are not that many real & good shrinks.
Even then it is a lengthy process with often no direct results, the results almost always come from the individual himself / herself, if it comes.

That is why it is so important to watch over ones own health and especially take proper care of children, raising them to be a real man / woman.

An unnecessary comment.

I most probably know more about Neuroscience & Mental Health than you could possibly imagine.

5 hours ago, faraday said:

Dunno about that.

However, Mental Health services are very good in farang countries.

Maybe i only see the wrong farang?

5 hours ago, faraday said:

----------

*Don't take everything that's said on here so personally*

A lot is just banter.

*dont take my banter on here so seriously*

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Hello... This thread is about a spoilt Thai brat, nothing what so ever to do with farangs.

Hello Uncle....

is about one person.

not every thai male population. 

Met this guy and his Father. Spoilt brat hoping to follow in his Fathers footsteps and that is building up a significant property portfolio in an around Udon on a Pilot Officers wage.  Appears that the son did not quite have the same connections as his Dad (yet) and was somewhat resentful even then.. However when Kittisak was drunk he appeared to want to tell anyone who would listen the secrets of his Fathers success !! Time for my wife and I to bail out of his company at that point on the advice of my wife. That was around 2 years ago though.

1 hour ago, essox essox said:

was this idiot tested for alcohol, drugs etc....

Should have been then given a long term ban.

And licence revoked for life

Does that ever happen in Thailand. I have read recently where a rich Hi-So businessman was rotten drunk and crashed killing two people. Because he stayed at the scene (he was rotten drunk) this indicated to the judge that he was a good person, so he was put on a 12 month bond having to report to police and not allowed to drink alcohol for 12 months. But was allowed to keep driving ? What a joke the Thai judiciary are.

The car appears to be on hire purchase as it is owned by a bank. 

What a crazy idiot the guy is. Send him to See Maha Poo for a year and give him some really needed electro shocks.

My heart's bleeding when I look at the photo of the wrack.

An old bicycle is all he should get from his daddy in the future. 

21 hours ago, looking for LIFE insurance said:

15 minutes.  These kids driving Porsches, BMW's, Mercedes, and Ferarri's would not last 15 minutes in any other country that Daddy has no influence in.

"Do you know who my Dad is !" is the most embarrassing statement to come out of an adults mouth.

It is mental illness in the form that these idiots have ZERO concept of real life when they are bailed out from bad decision to bad decision.

Ahh making heat on another man's name thats the way to get some respect...

23 hours ago, looking for LIFE insurance said:

15 minutes.  These kids driving Porsches, BMW's, Mercedes, and Ferarri's would not last 15 minutes in any other country that Daddy has no influence in.

"Do you know who my Dad is !" is the most embarrassing statement to come out of an adults mouth.

It is mental illness in the form that these idiots have ZERO concept of real life when they are bailed out from bad decision to bad decision.

Agree.

These kids usually have a quick wake up call, even in neighboring countries like Laos where they'll find that kind of talk gets them nowhere. Even if they have influence in Thailand, they have less than zero influence as soon as they step outside of the 513,000km2 of Thai territory.

1 hour ago, drbeach said:

What a moron. The bar let the guy leave. Then he burnt a car worth many thousands of times the unpaid bar bill. Hope his dad disowns him. He must regret having borne this child.

This guy having regrets about his son ? for show only  and suspect his only regret he was named in the papers.

....this is an actual story, a rich student who drove a Mercedes to school, and was known to deal a bit, attended classes only for mid term and finals, only to of course fail...some how made it as a ...6th year senior.  During the last round at uni, during the last round of finals, he made the rounds asking both Thai and Western teachers not to fail him, because that would mean he would have to work in his father's fish factory... We failed him of course. 

On 8/5/2019 at 11:02 AM, bluesofa said:

Two things spring to my mind:

There was a song in The Sound Of Music, with the line: 'You are sixteen going on seventeen'.

I'd guess it would be nearer the mark in Udon: 'You are twenty going five'

Also in the Just Willam books, Violet Elizabeth, a lisping spoiled girl: "I'll thcream and thcream 'till I'm thick"

and the hiso girls are 16 going on 35.  A gallon of makeup to go to Homepro?

Archived