will the baht drop , should i invest GBP in the baht

23 hours ago, Chivas said:

lol where do you guys come up with this stuff

Even in the very short term if Sterling was Parity with the Dollar (and it wont be lol) we'd be at 30.8 today.....to drop to 23.7 you work out how many cents £1 would be. Clearly you need some guidance and self help

If Sterling was that low no one on this forum who was a Brit would ever venture out of the uk again such would be the ramifications

take your opinion out with this website -   http://poundf.co.uk/pound-to-baht-forecast-gbp-to-thb

i am not claiming to be some mover or shaker  , you are !!! 

im on for advice 

N0-one can be certain which way exchange rates will change, but given that a no deal Brexit is almost certain, the pound isn't going up this year, only staying the same or going down. You are going to need baht anyway (assume you are living here) so transfer 5 months money now, unlikely to loose, quite likely to gain. After January it may recover, but that depends on how badly Brexit goes ......

• Like 2

15 hours ago, rickudon said:

N0-one can be certain which way exchange rates will change, but given that a no deal Brexit is almost certain, the pound isn't going up this year, only staying the same or going down. You are going to need baht anyway (assume you are living here) so transfer 5 months money now, unlikely to loose, quite likely to gain. After January it may recover, but that depends on how badly Brexit goes ......

thanks

i am not living in thailand now

I will be selling my apartment in Benidorm and condo in Hawaii. That will net me 7/8 million BHT after taxes, agent fees etc. I intend to bring it to Thailand. Leave my 401K/IRAs in the US still a recession hits US. Do I want to invest in a condo? My Thai GF wants me to buy a condo but I am reluctant. I will keep the money liquid and keep renting for now. I believe based on currency traders' prediction that THB will continue to strengthen and may reach 25BHT/USD by 2023 when I will start drawing SS. 

55 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

I will be selling my apartment in Benidorm and condo in Hawaii. That will net me 7/8 million BHT after taxes, agent fees etc. I intend to bring it to Thailand. Leave my 401K/IRAs in the US still a recession hits US. Do I want to invest in a condo? My Thai GF wants me to buy a condo but I am reluctant. I will keep the money liquid and keep renting for now. I believe based on currency traders' prediction that THB will continue to strengthen and may reach 25BHT/USD by 2023 when I will start drawing SS. 

My issue with condos is after a few yrs they can wind up falling to pieces with bad management etc. Maybe I am wrong but it looks like that to me. Renting keeps your liquidity, and keeps you easily mobile as you said. I would build a cheap home in wife's name before a condo if we were to ever split, I leave it for her anyhow. I am sure some experts in RE can do well with condos, but I do not trust my knowledge on that front.

Wealth preservation should be the main concern at this time.  Look at the financial situation around the world and tell me where it is getting better and don't reference government or main stream media as a source.  Asset prices are at all time high, there is not much value out there.  I have done well with gold over the last 20 years investing in both gold stocks and bullion which is in my possession. I sold off the stocks and now hold only bullion and cash which has been doing well lately. I now view it as an insurance policy for my financial security and not an investment.  A few years ago I sold off a substantial portion of my retirement investments in the US and moved it into Thai baht (when the USD/Baht rate was higher) and sat on it until 2016 when I used it to purchase Thai gold.  Gold at that time was about $1080US oz, it is now about $1500US oz. The price of gold this year is up my USD 17%, GBP 23% and AUD 21%. Why put money into a fiat currency.  Gold is real money and everything else is a promise.  Also factor in laws allowing the banks and mutual funds to use your deposits to save themselves in the next financial crisis you would be a fool not to have some portion of your assets in physical gold.