1 Way Ticket

If you do not know when you are going back, why not buy a one year ticket, have it dated 30 days after you arrive in Thailand, once you are there, change you date for a few months down the road and when you know when you are going back change your date again.

Has anyone flew on Qatar airlines with a oneway ticket?I shall shortly be coming out to LOS to retire and will therefore not be needing a return ticket
ive heard that the thai are trying to stop you entering if you only have a 1 way ticket..anyone know if its true?

Sue,

I do not think you have to worry. I came in 3 weeks ago with a one way ticket on a OA visa (retirement) and did not have any problems.

If you do not know when you are going back, why not buy a one year ticket, have it dated 30 days after you arrive in Thailand, once you are there, change you date for a few months down the road and when you know when you are going back change your date again.

This for sure is ok, however, one-year open tickets are quite expensive. So really, the easiest way for peace of mind is a visa.

Maestro, thanks for your detailed reply. My fault for not mentioning that I have an account with Bank of BKK.

Thanks for the news that the marriage visa application has changed its criteria. They must be trying to close some loophole.

My concern was whether to go ahead and get a new Non-Imm O visa and the issue of the one-way ticket. You have allayed those fears as long as new criteria do not appear on the horizon.

Well that is interesting as I have never heard of any such bank. There is a Bangkok Bank PLC which I suspect is what you mean.

Retirement using bank deposit will require the money in Thailand account for 3 months prior to application. Once that requirement is met it will be easy - but you will require a non immigrant visa (which can be a change done in Thailand at additional expense if required).

The 400k marriage option ended last year for new applications. The new requirement is 40k baht monthly family income.

Prior to the change in government I had flown into and out of Thailand with oneway tickets. The last time into LOS was a few days after the Tsunami. The booking rep did ask for a return passage but issued the ticket after I told them I was returning to get my family out of Phuket and wasn't sure of my return. I and my family have also flown with 1-way tickets out of Thailand as well. As for return booking dates I have as recently as last summer booked flights with return dates greater than 30 days and many times prior to that date. Unless the new requirements enacted in October for tourist stays have changed with regard to length of time for the return booking (on entry to LOS the agent would on occasion check for a return ticket but not necessarily the date of return) you should be able to have a return date that exceeds the 30 day visa stay.

Annual extension of stay based on marriage with 400k in the bank is no longer an option for new applicants. Now, family income of minimum 65k per month are required.

I think you will find that should be 40,000 baht a month.

:o-->

QUOTE(Chris.B @ 2007-03-19 14:22:10)
Annual extension of stay based on marriage with 400k in the bank is no longer an option for new applicants. Now, family income of minimum 65k per month are required.

I stand corrected. Thank you for noticing that error.

--

Maestro

Prior to the change in government I had flown into and out of Thailand with oneway tickets. The last time into LOS was a few days after the Tsunami. The booking rep did ask for a return passage but issued the ticket after I told them I was returning to get my family out of Phuket and wasn't sure of my return. I and my family have also flown with 1-way tickets out of Thailand as well. As for return booking dates I have as recently as last summer booked flights with return dates greater than 30 days and many times prior to that date. Unless the new requirements enacted in October for tourist stays have changed with regard to length of time for the return booking (on entry to LOS the agent would on occasion check for a return ticket but not necessarily the date of return) you should be able to have a return date that exceeds the 30 day visa stay.

I have in the past had a staff member at the check in try to tell me that I cannot fly to Thailand with a one way ticket. I had a visa and asked for a supervisor and everything was sorted out satisfactorily.

Re onward ticket dated more than 30 days from arrival.

The airline's main concern is that they will not be forced to fly you back at their expense. If you have paid for a return ticket, albeit 2 or 3 months away, they will use that for your return back to country of origin. Ie. you will be flying back at your own expense, not theirs.

QUOTE(Chris.B @ 2007-03-19 14:22:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My income is way over this amount , but from diverce sources, so how can I prove ?

Come to think of it, the last time I went, which was last October, I did not have a returning ticket within 30 days. I did however have a returning ticket which was for 7 weeks later. Has this changed since then.

I flew with Thai Airways BTW.

ihave always had a returning ticket that is over 30days from the uk and have never been question and the same with all my friends who visit thailand infact im here for 5weeks this time and this is the shortest iv ever had a returning ticket for ? :o

Has anyone flew on Qatar airlines with a oneway ticket?I shall shortly be coming out to LOS to retire and will therefore not be needing a return ticket
ive heard that the thai are trying to stop you entering if you only have a 1 way ticket..anyone know if its true?

I flew Qatar Airways from Madrid to Bkk last October with only a one way ticket and a VOA. No problems whatsoever.