Sprite spotted at Family Mart

Hal65

Had Sprite here in the North East, ever since I came to live here 15 years ago.

I remember, because I personally did the ordering from the wholesaler every morning, over the phone.

If you said "Sprite" they didn't have a clue, but then I got to know all the drink pronounciatons for future orders. I had to say "Sa-pite", and they understood !

Other pronounciations included Thai-guur, Hi-neek-ken, Ba-caar-dee, Johnnie Woor-keer, Wodka, Wine Coo-luur !

Ah, the good old days !  

22 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

They even have a 0 cal version!

Interesting, there's hardly any soft drinks that contain zero sugar.

I wondered if things would change when the so called 'sugar tax' is introduced.

Many people have been looking for a sugar free tonic water which the Thai licensee refused to sell for some unknown reason.

Edited by ukrules

1 hour ago, Hal65 said:

Was sad to see no Sprite anywhere when I came here years ago. But today I saw them in cans and bottles in the local Family Mart. They even have a 0 cal version!

Huh? I've been seeing Sprite at 7-11 and pretty much any bar or restaurant for years. Or are you out in the countryside or something??

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

May have "zero calories" but what is being used for sweetening it?

The sweetener may not be good for "weight loss" if that is your want for zero calories

"Zero" calories sweeteners are not zero calories. They are sweeteners that are several hundred to several thousand times sweeter than sugar, allowing the manufacturers to use a tiny portion of it thus making the calories in the drink close enough to zero that they can legally say it's zero.

There has been much speculation about diet drinks raising insulin tolerance and preventing weight loss - but I'm not convinced either way yet. More concrete studies are needed. In general weight loss is strictly about calories in vs calories out. Your diet, "chemicals", "keto", or any other crap "gurus" are trying to sell you is usually bullshit. Diet and exercise - that simple.

2 hours ago, Hal65 said:

Was sad to see no Sprite anywhere when I came here years ago. But today I saw them in cans and bottles in the local Family Mart. They even have a 0 cal version!

Wrong. Thailand has it. Many years. And Coke also! 

You can buy it at KFC. 

This photo KFC Thailand in 1970.....2513

33C413D3-AB72-4B28-BFD7-1619642F52B2.jpeg

Edited by Yinn