TAT ties up with local start-ups to woo Nordic tourists

snoop1130

TAT ties up with local start-ups to woo Nordic tourists

By THE NATION

800_50f7784d174a4e1.jpg

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is collaborating with 24 Thai start-ups to break into the Nordic market under a project entitled “Bringing New Shades of Thailand to Nordic Travellers”.

TAT governor Yuthasak Supasorn and director of the TAT office in Stockholm Eurblarp Sriphiromya are piloting the project four countries, namely Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland. The aim is to launch tourism in new sectors such as gastronomy, wellness and spa, as well sports to name a few in secondary cities and communities with sustainable development in mind. The first phase will begin in October. 

Yuthasak said Thailand is a popular destination among Nordic tourists, because even though the population in the four countries is only 26.5 million, more than 700,000 people visit the Kingdom each year, bringing with them more than Bt64 billion in foreign exchange. 

“It’s really a high proportion of the market compared to other European countries with big populations, like Germany with 83 million people or the United Kingdom with 65 million, of whom only 800,000 to 900,000 visit Thailand,” he said. 

Most travellers from Nordic countries are also repeat travellers and know the country well. On average, they stay in Thailand for up to 17 days, spending around Bt87,000 per trip, which is much more than people from other European countries. Since most Nordic tourists like exploring new places, this project will offer them a great experience and create more loyalty to the Amazing Thailand brand. The more we offer, the more opportunities we will receive, Yuthasak said. 

The TAT governor added that this project does not just aim to boost tourism but also to offer new services that respond to the Nordic travellers’ needs and lifestyles by allowing them to explore other regions in Thailand, especially secondary cities and communities where the start-ups can help serve the travellers as well as provide facilities required in the area. 

“It will be a good opportunity for Thai start-ups to promote their products and services directly to the end consumer and expand their business to the Nordic market in the long run,” Yuthasak said

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30374347

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-06

Thailand is an old bag for Nordics, don't bother. But if you must, get rid of the Russians, Chinese and Indians and maybe, just maybe in 10-20 years the odd Börje might make a scouting visit to see if it's alright again.

49 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Most travellers from Nordic countries are also repeat travellers

Nordic travelers used to come back year after year because it was cheap and friendly, that has unfortunately changed. But sure, a few still do a stop over a few nights on their way to their new cheap and friendly destinations, Phillipines, Vietnam, Bali etc.

What’s that basic rule in business where it’s much easier and cheaper to be good to your existing customers and get repeat custom as opposed to actively keep relying on drawing in new customers. 

Not in Thailand, though. Not only do you not keep your customers happy, you drive them out and then spend money to get them back again. 

Sorry, but you simply can't post you've been in Thailand on holiday on your Facebook page, you'll be laughed at. And who would have a Thai souvenir on their shelf at home, all that crap people have bought over the years is sold at fleemarkets or just down the trashbin. 

Pleeeeeeze "Woo" anyone other than the large Asian continent that you are now wooing ! Last week, shortly after midnight, I encountered 8 of them urinating in the MIDDLE of the road on Soi 4 in North Pattaya. There is no way that 8 men could be in such dire need simultaneously, this is pure lack of respect ????

Thai Wellness and spas?  Nordic countries are famous for their natural spas or hot baths/sauna etc. They don't come here for wellness. 

Get over it TAT ! 

The main attraction here  is cheap sexy massage,supa sexy spa and sauna .

Thailand's sex industry is no longer good value for the farang demographic that used to visit Thailand.

They're going elsewhere.

You wanted lowly Russians,Chinese and Indians...you got them although it spells the end of Isaan beer bars.

7 minutes ago, legend49 said:

Interesting how many Thais speak Norwegian?

Don't worry.  There is a 2-day 'Learn to speak fluent Norwegian' course for Thai taxi drivers and shopkeepers this weekend ????

T.A.T chasing anything now that has dime to spare...

instead of sitting down & coming up with a long term plan and actually asking what tourists really want on holiday they come up with short term gimmicks !

Thai style.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

bringing with them more than Bt64 billion in foreign exchange. 

Foreign exchange doesn't help the economy.

Sufficient foreign currency would be better

Sorry to be bitching about English Language training at where ever journalists and translators study

1 hour ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Sorry, but you simply can't post you've been in Thailand on holiday on your Facebook page, you'll be laughed at. And who would have a Thai souvenir on their shelf at home, all that crap people have bought over the years is sold at fleemarkets or just down the trashbin. 

I don't give a shit what some one on face book thinks. Heaps better photos on my face book page then half the people that see my page.

Sun, sea sand and cheap booze. Scandinavians can find this all over the world.

When I first went to Phuket, Karon/Kata was like a Swedish enclave in the tropics. It still gets Scandinavians but Thailand has in general lost its appeal. And TAT's marketing isn't going to bring those tourists back.

I don't like farang... I want Chinese... I want Indians... err... no hap Chinese and Indian people come? Ok try farang again... don't worry, they won't know we don't like them. No internet in Scandinavia. Not same Europe, UK and US. Good luck, Thailand.

In all its shameless flitting from one market to another, there isn't even a single instance when these gits stopped and looked at the real problem - themselves. The strong baht notwithstanding, Thailand is old. Tired. Same same every time. Then they allow crap like scams, two-tier pricing, lack of safety and security, police harassment and thuggery to fester. Topped with a constant rhetoric that looks at foreigners with disdain.

Last but not least, I always maintain that Thais, on their own, are some of the nicest people I have ever met. Staff your hospitality industry with real Thais. Not with the low-life bottom-feeding pond-scums you have now.

5 minutes ago, outsider said:

I don't like farang... I want Chinese... I want Indians... err... no hap Chinese and Indian people come? Ok try farang again... don't worry, they won't know we don't like them. No internet in Scandinavia. Not same Europe, UK and US. Good luck, Thailand.

In all its shameless flitting from one market to another, there isn't even a single instance when these gits stopped and looked at the real problem - themselves. The strong baht notwithstanding, Thailand is old. Tired. Same same every time. Then they allow crap like scams, two-tier pricing, lack of safety and security, police harassment and thuggery to fester. Topped with a constant rhetoric that looks at foreigners with disdain.

Last but not least, I always maintain that Thais, on their own, are some of the nicest people I have ever met. Staff your hospitality industry with real Thais. Not with the low-life bottom-feeding pond-scums you have now.

Spot on, Outsider.

Archived