Victoria’s Secret just hired its first ever trans model

snoop1130

Victoria’s Secret just hired its first ever trans model

1272863.jpg

@valentts

After causing outrage at the end of 2018, when chief marketing officer Ed Razek claimed trans women were not part of the label’s ‘fantasy’, Victoria’s Secret has seemingly finally realised we’re living in 2019 and hired its first trans model. 

Brazilian model Valentina Sampaio took to Instagram to share behind-the-scenes photographs and a video of herself on a shoot for the brand’s younger Pink line, in a post accompanied by the caption “Never stop dreaming”.

Sampaio is no stranger to making history, after she became the first trans woman to cover Vogue Paris back in 2017 and appeared in the Brazilian edition a year later. 

The news comes after it was revealed there will be no televised Victoria’s Secret show this year after viewing stats fell to an all time low last year, and established Angels Karlie Kloss and Lily Aldridge railed against Razek’s comments via Instagram, which were originally published in an interview with Vogue ahead of the 2018 runway show. 

Full Story: https://www.dazeddigital.com/fashion/article/45499/1/victorias-secret-angel-transgender-model-valentina-sampaio-underwear-label

Just now, foxboy said:

put a percentage on the word 'sizeable'

i dont have a percentage, hence the use of the words reckon and sizeable.

the point is fat do girls wear spots kit, and trans men wear lingerie, and those numbers aren't declining.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

the point is fat do girls wear spots kit, and trans men wear lingerie, and those numbers aren't declining.

I think you have a valid point there. The real problem for Nike will then be how to produce elephant sized apparel in the future.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

i dont have a percentage, hence the use of the words reckon and sizeable.

around 0.3% (assuming they all shopped at Victoria Secret!) hardly sizeable is it?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Tried 'her' but it didn't work, it's still a guy wearing women's undies.

Mind you, I'd still rather have him in my bed than my former Brit wife.

Transgender is defined by a lot more than wearing women's clothes, and possibly gender reassignment surgery

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Male and female is defined by your chromosomes.

As they say:

Gender is like the twin towers. There used to be two of them, now it's a real sensitive subject to bring up

3 hours ago, DrTuner said:

It's the trend of catering for minorities and sod the majority. Will backfire just like it did with immigration policies, only this time it'll be corrected quickly as it'll hurt the stock price.

actually it’s you that are the minority....it’s not 1950 anymore,

the world has changed, unlike your attitude......

• Sad 1

Try "her" as the pronoun as opposed to "it".

Or him even ,because no matter what centuary we are in ,how pc we are,no matter how good looking he is ,or if he has no penis any longer ,he was born a man and will die a man .
After saying that i have no problem with what he wants to be as long as it pleases him and doesnt cause us any trouble.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, namatjira said:

actually it’s you that are the minority....it’s not 1950 anymore,

the world has changed, unlike your attitude......

Ah alright. So, straight men are now a minority and gays are majority, all clear. I want to go back to 1950.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

i reckon they have a sizeable trans customer base, why not represent it?

Why not? Because the company represents underwear, not people, that's why not and it makes underwear etc. for women, not men.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1