Hi i wonder  could  somebody on here tell me about this visa , I normally go to Thailand and receive the  30 day  visa as  you arrive  ok thats fine, but in 21  times visiting Thailand   the last time i went at the Airport they gave ,me a 60  day  visa and i didn't even ask for it ...........why is it so ? What could explain that caper?  does anybody know? I didnt mind,  but ive never stayed more  than 29 days anyway. I'm going to Thailand  again in October but this time i want to stay 6 weeks  - will they give me a 60 day visa  again? How can i know  this ? reason being i don't know if to and when to book my ticket back to Australia  and i really don't want to go  thinking im going to get  a 60 day visa again , already having my ticket booked to come back to Australia  in 6 weeks time , then only getting the 30 day visa. I mean to say is this normal, at random they just give people a 60 day visa? instead of 30 day visa. ive never  seen that before.

You can extend your stay for another 30 days if they issue you with only 30 days..in Pattaya you need to go to the IO at Jomtien.

Hi i wonder  could  somebody on here tell me about this visa , I normally go to Thailand and receive the  30 day  visa as  you arrive  ok thats fine, but in 21  times visiting Thailand   the last time i went at the Airport they gave ,me a 60  day  visa and i didn't even ask for it ...........why is it so ? What could explain that caper?  does anybody know? I didnt mind,  but ive never stayed more  than 29 days anyway. I'm going to Thailand  again in October but this time i want to stay 6 weeks  - will they give me a 60 day visa  again? How can i know  this ? reason being i don't know if to and when to book my ticket back to Australia  and i really don't want to go  thinking im going to get  a 60 day visa again , already having my ticket booked to come back to Australia  in 6 weeks time , then only getting the 30 day visa. I mean to say is this normal, at random they just give people a 60 day visa? instead of 30 day visa. ive never  seen that before.

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, stephen savell said:

the last time i went at the Airport they gave ,me a 60  day  visa and i didn't even ask for it ...........why is it so ? What could explain that caper?  does anybody know? I didnt mind,  but ive never stayed more  than 29 days anyway.

The IO made a mistake when giving you 60 days. It happens sometimes. Luckily you only stayed 29 days, had you stayed longer you might of had an overstay problem.

1 hour ago, stephen savell said:

I'm going to Thailand  again in October but this time i want to stay 6 weeks  - will they give me a 60 day visa  again?

No. Not unless another IO makes another mistake. You should always check you get stamped in for the right number of days.

Towards the end of the 30 days you can go to an immigration office and apply for a 30 day extension of stay (1,900 baht), giving you a total of 60 days.

For your next trip you should apply touristvisa or come without visa and receive 30 day stamp which you can extend 30 days at your local immigration. However this option includes need to invest to (throwaway or refundable ) ticket outside to Thailand within 30 days.

Edited by thaitero
  • Like 1

As already explained. Forget the 60 day stamp. It was error.

If flying back to Thailand without visa, meaning enter visa exempt, you will be given 30 day stay. You can extend that by 30 day at imm office 1900 baht. 

For all your previous visits with VE did you already have return ticket within the 30 day? Reason is airline most likely not issue boarding pass without. 

You really should get setv but if that does not suit you then could take risk go to au airport and if problem book online on the spot flight to somewhere like Saigon. ~ 1300baht.

3 hours ago, stephen savell said:

...I'm going to Thailand  again in October but this time i want to stay 6 weeks...

I suggest you get a single-entry tourist visa from a Thai consulate in Australia.