Online petition calling for TM30 to be scrapped gains momentum

webfact

12 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Does anyone actually beleive that the Thai government give a flying f€£k about any falang living there? And abolish this tm-30?

all the bullshit to put up with, tm30, 90 day reporting, 800k, border runs, border refusals, pollution, traffic, worthless currency, etc etc etc.

why? For the life of me I can't understand why people put up with it, and the <deleted>€£¥king wining, bitching moaning complaining. 

Just leave, they don't want you there!

and to be quite honest, it really isn't a nice country to live in. 

Wow, wear looser shorts Mate, you have a wad up your ass!! Many of us live here quite happily and just get on with everyday hurdles that need to be jumped 555!!! What are you doing on TVF anyway if you can't stand the place?????

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I've heard of no one that has been refused an extension due to ones landlord not reporting. If you can show a link I'd be most happy. No see, no believe.

I did my annual extension last week at Chaengwattana and fined 3,000 baht for no TM30 on file even through I registered it 2 weeks ago online but not given a password yet. They will not process an extension with out it period. I own my own condo with 2 family.   Believe it or not. 

6 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Did you get a receipt? sound like over charge, I thought the max was 2k?

3 people in my yellow book. Me + 2 family. No receipt given, only the acknowledgement slip given back. Fasttrack service ????

13 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

NO, it's the property owner that gets fined and you don't have to report. It's the property owner that does that. As I said earlier the TM 30 has really nothing to do with us, so why all this bitching? This is a Thai matter. Nothing for us farangs to be getting worked up about.

Well, if that’s the case how is it that it’s the farangs getting

fined most of the time ?

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

A TM30 is required for every stay at every place by law, there are no exceptions via the law. The only thing that changes is if your local office will enforce it. Do you need to do a TM30 on return, YES. Will your immigration office check or enforce, MAYBE.

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

A TM30 is required for every stay at every place by law, there are no exceptions via the law. The only thing that changes is if your local office will enforce it. Do you need to do a TM30 on return, YES. Will your immigration office check or enforce, MAYBE.

A stay within the country in another province is one thing... perhaps. But a stay in another country with re-entry permit and return directly to same already registered local address and 30nis required? Sounds dumb... yeah I know what am I thinking 5555. But if going out of the country and returning  on  permit with valid visa to existing valid original and stamped 30 now requires a new 30 and dragging landlord... wife home owner ... pulling her from her government ... well... guess at my next 90 we will see or I will have her call them. It is all beyond dumb... I know there is that word again and in Thailand no less.

9 hours ago, namatjira said:

Well, if that’s the case how is it that it’s the farangs getting

fined most of the time ?

Has any body got an answer to this question?Did the IO's just wake up one morning and decided lets start fining foreigners for something they're not responsible for without any changes to the legislation?Where are the lawyers who started this TM30 petition?Is there anything legal about these fines?If not why isn't somebody doing something about it?This whole fining business seems a whole lot like tit for tat reaction to something.I wonder what it might be?

11 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Many thanks, but unfortunately it tells me this app is not available in your country even though I'm searching here in Thailand. Could it be because my device is registered with Google France, where I also have a home? Do you know what I can do about that other than re-register it in Thailand, which I don't want to do. Use another device registered with Google here? But I don't need another device, especially just for that! My wife repeatedly breaks or loses hers so I've stopped getting her new ones.

I often have that problem the other way round. Playstore uses location and if that is switched off it may well pick up some other reference to your location, usually a historical reference. If location is switched on the GPS should detect that you are in Thailand and should be ok.

The easiest way to check if location is on or off is to go to Google maps, if its on you will get a blue dot showing where you are and if its not Maps will prompt to switch on location.

15 hours ago, oslooskar said:

That's strange? I just did my 90 days report last week on the first and there was absolutely no mention whatsoever of a TM.30 form. In fact, I was in and out of immigration in less than 2 minutes and the only paper I submitted there was a TM.47 form.

Same here, a few months ago I travelled from Isaan and met up with my daughter in Bangkok, I spent 4 nights in a hotel where my passport was processed, as my IO had said he wasn't interested in TM30 for short stays in another province I didn't do  a TM30. I went to immigration yesterday for my 90 day report, 3 minutes and done, no mention of anything else.

I did my annual extension last week at Chaengwattana and fined 3,000 baht for no TM30 on file even through I registered it 2 weeks ago online but not given a password yet. They will not process an extension with out it period. I own my own condo with 2 family.   Believe it or not. 
Which type of Extension?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

34 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

as my IO had said he wasn't interested in TM30 for short stays in another province I didn't do  a TM30. I went to immigration yesterday for my 90 day report, 3 minutes and done, no mention of anything else.

I assume from your location details that you are referring to the Surin Immigration Office?

15 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

You may find it a little different when it comes to do your annual extension. Might be best get it done before then in the hope they then overlook it.

I think it would be wise to cross that bridge when I come to it. After all, why open a can of worms when no one in an official capacity has ever mentioned a TM30 form to me?

I'm amazed to see they have an app and are using technology! Why not put the entire immigration system on a app and back it with a dlt / sha256 hashing and then size down all the paper work and paper pushers - save them a buck or two... 

The whole immigration system can be updated now and save so many trees - endless paper work its time for change going with the green zeitgeist momentum lets see some positive change to the bureaucracy 

Retirement and extended for another year. But doesn't matter what kind of extension, Chaengwattana requires TM30 for any kind of extension period.  
There have been some reports that it is not required for Tourist visa extensions.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, MartiniMan said:

I'm amazed to see they have an app and are using technology! Why not put the entire immigration system on a app and back it with a dlt / sha256 hashing and then size down all the paper work and paper pushers - save them a buck or two...

Ever tried one of those apps? While the core immigration system might be solid, anything made around it, probably by 3rd party Thai subcontractors, is sub par. That's the reason it's not all digital. Give the job to a foreign subcontractor and be done with it.

On 8/7/2019 at 6:02 AM, gunderhill said:

grow  some  balls and tell em whats  what or spend  all your  life hiding inside a  cupboard, imagine the world if  no one ever  stood  up to authority and said something.

Its a plain ridiculous rule.

Your only a guest in their house, best you remember that

On 8/7/2019 at 6:28 AM, gunderhill said:

Wife informed  me this  morning a  helpful  immigration officer  at CW immigration can now get you a  password for 1500  baht!!!

Land of  opportunities, thieving *****

If this is true, like a lot of Thais here, never let an opportunity pass where you can gouge more money from a Farang................

4 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Ever tried one of those apps? While the core immigration system might be solid, anything made around it, probably by 3rd party Thai subcontractors, is sub par. That's the reason it's not all digital. Give the job to a foreign subcontractor and be done with it.

Won't work, Thai systems different to farang systems, farang don't understand. 

On 8/6/2019 at 11:26 PM, champers said:

Sorry, but I will not put my name to a document dissenting against a Government policy that will then be doing the rounds of several Government departments. A military Government at that.

Very sensible, say no more.

On 8/6/2019 at 11:20 PM, Aforek said:

As we see now, it's not 10000 people anymore, but 5000 ...

BTW, section 38 App is only for owners ?… I am not the owner of my house, it belongs to my GF, who lives with me ; can I use the section 38 app for her because it's easier if I do it myself ? 

shouldn't that be, I am not the owner of the house I live in, It belongs to my girl friend, whom I live with. ?

9 minutes ago, Johnthplumb said:

shouldn't that be, I am not the owner of the house I live in, It belongs to my girl friend, whom I live with. ?

If you're the grammar police, yes, it not who cares as it's understood. 

They do not want us here - simple as that. If it would really serve a "security concern purpose" then some 75% of all Thais would need to be fined. In the past I managed big companies and trust me, 75% of all employees did not reside at the registered address as they were from out of town. 
If you are born in Kalasin and work in Bangkok, you simply have no possibility to register in Bangkok. The procedure is much to tedious and nobody cares. 

But the aliens - hunt them down - or at least those few, who are still left. Bloody ridiculous, the whole thing. Wondering what's next; mandatory tattooing of blood group on the forehead? 

On 8/7/2019 at 12:02 AM, gunderhill said:

grow  some  balls and tell em whats  what or spend  all your  life hiding inside a  cupboard, imagine the world if  no one ever  stood  up to authority and said something.

Its a plain ridiculous rule.

Well said, though Thailand isn't the norm and that sort of white man-superiority rhetoric (often from those who have been in Muang Thai for all of 5 minutes) gets right up their shaft. It is a daft rule, but you chose to go there and abide by it at the end of the day. Just think it's unwise to stoke any sort of tension where things could be made a lot more awkward for some of you chaps if they please. 

Archived